How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-03-2011
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aynoray View Post
Wow...Chile, Japan, Haiti...that earthquake here in California ("The Big One") that we've been basically waiting to hit us...we're next. Idk, maybe i am just paranoid or something, but the world literally is falling apart. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2011 Movie situation with the government building ships in china actually occured. Or maybe the government will launch themselves into space. I am sure they are right now!
I can only hope Dick Cheney is leading the way

15-03-2011
Confused & Bewildered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Tofana View Post
Everything has a start and everything has an end, universe had a start (for e.g. the big bang theory) and there are many theories how it will end.
This is the kind of baloney that brings me out of lurk mode. They call them theories for a reason. Unproven thoughts and concepts conjured up by humans with too much time on their hands. Biological life has a beginning and an end, but I don't buy that for the Universe; at least not on any scale humans will ever comprehend. What we call the Universe just 'is' and will always 'be'; without beginning, without end, without dimensions or size. There is no center of the Universe nor are there outer edges or boundaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudyshambles View Post
someone posted this on facebook:

the US lost many lives on the 11-09-01

I don't recall anything significant happening on November 9th of that year, but I'll consider where you found it posted as far as credibility.

15-03-2011
An die Freude.

I'll bet all my money that the world and humans are just fine in 2013.

Anyone up to bet?

15-03-2011
Looking Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
This is the kind of baloney that brings me out of lurk mode. They call them theories for a reason. Unproven thoughts and concepts conjured up by humans with too much time on their hands. Biological life has a beginning and an end, but I don't buy that for the Universe; at least not on any scale humans will ever comprehend. What we call the Universe just 'is' and will always 'be'; without beginning, without end, without dimensions or size. There is no center of the Universe nor are there outer edges or boundaries.
That's pretty ignorant. You may have no interest in investigating the origins of the universe or not have the curiosity to explore the universe's past , but the rest of the world does. While I, too, don't have much patience for theories and unproven concepts, I still find myself interested by the creation of the universe.

15-03-2011
V.I.P.

this might sound weird there was this Illuminati/New World order Forum
at our venue and call me a crackpot, but I was a little persuaded the world may end in Dec 2011 or 2012. although not likely or not

btw, update:
Japan's 4th Reactor just exploded and Citizens under 30km radius are now being evacuation on a possible Nuclear Meltdown.

the more than a million dead Fish in California has a meaning to that
it represents people. I cant tell much now.
I'm reading a book which is very interesting

but then again the Japanese Earthquakes could just be a Natural phenomenon, our Tectonic plates are constantly moving for millions of years, tremors and earthquakes have been recorded for thousands of years

15-03-2011
front row

Considering that not even bankruptcy is enough to get one out of repaying student loans, I wouldn't be shocked if the government cut a deal with the devil to make sure you never escape from their clutches. Ugh, just thinking of the accrued interest makes me shudder.

Quote:
I don't recall anything significant happening on November 9th of that year, but I'll consider where you found it posted as far as credibility.
I'm pretty sure the poster is European and meant 9/11.

(Unless you got that and were being sarcastic, in which case... never mind. It's early and my Internet Tone Meter is still warming up.)

15-03-2011
front row

You know, the kinda scary thing is, with all the previous doomsday theories, there was never really anything leading up to the speculated date that would lead you to believe the world was going to end. But with so many natural disasters, and really devastating ones occuring last year and now this year, it really makes you wonder if this is just the calm before the real storm, so to speak.

Can we expect large scale natural destruction in the coming months leading to the end of the world in 2012? It's just all very thought provoking.

Last edited by tctra; 15-03-2011 at 10:04 AM.

15-03-2011
oh! darling

Quote:
Can we expect large scale natural destruction in the coming months leading to the end of the world in 2012? It's just all very thought provoking.
When we were growing up, do we remember when our teachers would tell us that the sun would burn out but "that won't happen for millions of years after we die"? Are they so sure? Can anyone really predict when our planet will "die"? Maybe it's now? Maybe it's sooner than we think?

15-03-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
ehm, are you kidding me? you know, there are countries where the day is named first, then the month... 9/11... does that ring a bell?

15-03-2011
Looking Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudyshambles View Post
ehm, are you kidding me? you know, there are countries where the day is named first, then the month... 9/11... does that ring a bell?
The majority of the world in fact. You see this type of arrogance A LOT in America.

15-03-2011
Looking Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheepmunk View Post
Considering that not even bankruptcy is enough to get one out of repaying student loans, I wouldn't be shocked if the government cut a deal with the devil to make sure you never escape from their clutches. Ugh, just thinking of the accrued interest makes me shudder.
I feel for you! I feel so absolutely fortunate to be where I am. I know some American people who dropped out of university just because they felt the pressure of their student loan was too much, I REALLY wish I could have talked to them before that. You just gotta stay hopeful, ya know?

16-03-2011
scenester

I predict that we'll wake up on December 22, 2012 like nothing had happened. Remember that you heard it here first folks. When my prediction is fulfilled I expect to be honored with the title 'The One True Prophet'! :p
Cheers!

Quote:

You're not very familiar with science are you?
The universe did have a beginning and will most likely have an end. In addition, the universe is finite. But you can believe whatever your mind can can conjure.

As far as the date is concerned... 11-09-01 is September 11, 2001... And yes, many people died that day.

16-03-2011
V.I.P.

hows 9/11 related to the topic?
that was terrorist attack, not some freakish nature disaster...

16-03-2011
on the come up

Maybe the world will end by some freakish terrorist attack?

16-03-2011
don't look down

Maybe if someone embezzles enough money to afford to drill down to the earth's core to set off the ultimate suicide bomb, but I think someone might notice. Or they'll get ineptly trapped underground in a tragedy that no-one will pay attention to because it's so 2010 to get stuck a mile down into the earth's crust, and newspapers want more exciting stories to cover.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, ending, world