How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

alonsoJonathan, a doomsday cult has purchased the rights for numerous billboards around my city proclaiming the end of the world to be saturday. they are in every state except for new mexico.

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

^so that guy is the only reason??

Guys im so confuse with this last post!

19-05-2011
Power to the 99%

Haven't seen any billboards here ... I suppose it's good for the economy I heard there are people quitting their jobs based on the 'news' ... I assume they wanted to quit and this is their excuse I bet their bosses are waiting with interest to see what they do next Monday morning. Personally I wouldn't want to make a prediction like this and end up looking like a total jacka$$, but apparently that doesn't bother some people I heard they predicted the end of the world back in '94 as well.

19-05-2011
oh! darling

Harold Camping says it'll end on Saturday.

Quote:
The 2011 end times prediction made by Christian radio host Harold Camping states that the Rapture (in premillennial theology, the taking up into heaven of God's elect people) will take place on May 21, 2011 at 6 P.M. local time (the rapture will sweep the globe time zone by time zone) and that the end of the world as we know it will take place five months later on October 21, 2011. Camping, president of the Family Radio Christian network, claims the Bible as his source and says May 21 will be the date of the Rapture and the day of judgment "beyond the shadow of a doubt". His followers claim that around 200 million people (approximately 3% of the world's population) will be raptured.
Camping's predictions have not been embraced by most other Christian groups; some have explicitly rejected them. An interview with a group of church leaders noted that all of them have scheduled services as usual for Sunday, May 22. Camping previously claimed that the world would end in September 1994.

19-05-2011
Power to the 99%

^ Has this delightful individual explained how he screwed up in '94 and why he's sure he hasn't this time? I'm slightly interested to know how he got to 200 million.

I'm sure this guy is one of the ones who'd tell you the world began at 9 am 6000 years ago.

See you guys here Saturday at 6:01, as well as all day Oct 22

Actually, I wish it were true ... I'd personally love to be rid of about 200 million narrow-minded cranks Maybe those of us who've been living right could nominate a few people to be 'raptured' I'm ready to vote ...

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

OMG so is just this guy! gosh i was really taking this serious!

19-05-2011
trendsetter

What if it's true? Oh, my.

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

it better not be true.
i have things to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

Welll i was going to go see the new pirates movie sunday,but just in case im gonna go tomorrow

19-05-2011
V.I.P.

you guys are too funny.

I can't imagine how dissapointing it's going to be for them if 6:01 pm rolls around and they're still here...

20-05-2011
Looking Up

They keep claiming that they know the exact day, but it's so redundant because the Bible specifically says that the event will happen to one's expectations and "will come as a thief comes at night".

20-05-2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

The "end of the world" happens to millions of people around the globe every single day. One day we'll all wake up not realising that we're not going to see another morning. That's life.

Each to their own beliefs and all of that, but I honestly doubt that the end of days will come with 200 million self rightous religious fanatics disappearing into thin air and an angry vengeful Jesus battling Satan while tormenting the rest of us heathens with earthquakes and sh*t.

I've said it once and I've said it again. Ain't no apocalypse like a zombie apocalypse.

20-05-2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Anne View Post
I can't imagine how dissapointing it's going to be for them if 6:01 pm rolls around and they're still here...
In all seriousness, this is one of the most concerning thoughts for me. What do these people do if/when what they are expecting to happen doesn't happen? Keep moving forward with their life until the next date pops up? There are some really crazy people out there, and people could take this way too seriously to the point of doing themselves some serious harm if something they've laid such great expectations upon does not come to fruition.

20-05-2011
yes

good luck everyone.

You'd better watch out, you'd better not cry ...You better not pout, though I'm telling you why: ...He's making a list, he's checking it twice...He's gonna find out whose been naughty or nice ...You'd better watch out, you'd better not cry ...You better not pout, though I'm telling you why: ...He sees when you are sleeping ...And he knows when you're awake ...He knows if you've been bad or good ...So be good for goodness sake

20-05-2011
scenester

Well, after my Zodiac sign changed I gave up on life anyway.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, ending, world