How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-05-2011
Soviet Camaro

For me it was Pluto being kicked out of the Planets of the Solar System club. How rude!

20-05-2011
V.I.P.

i just saw one of the cult members a few minutes ago outside my office. (the cult's caravan is spending their last "week" in my city). one of the volunteers was handing out pamplets and tried to get me to take one.

i'll see him again in a few minutes when i leave my office to go home, maybe i'll ask him how much of his own money he's sunk into this.

20-05-2011
tfs star

It's interesting that the old man who started this May 21 hysteria has gotten things wrong in the past but most of all he's renewed his radio contract for at least one more year.

20-05-2011
front row

I saw their van in the parking lot of the dollar store a couple months ago. [/random]

Quote:
In all seriousness, this is one of the most concerning thoughts for me. What do these people do if/when what they are expecting to happen doesn't happen? Keep moving forward with their life until the next date pops up? There are some really crazy people out there, and people could take this way too seriously to the point of doing themselves some serious harm if something they've laid such great expectations upon does not come to fruition.
Pretty much. The beauty of this particular scam is that, if any believers are left after May 21, they'll think it was because they were unworthy to be Raptured and so they'll have to hang out on earth with the rest of the doomed souls until the world goes kaboom on October 21. What they'll do when October 21 rolls around and the world still hasn't ended, well... Who knows?

20-05-2011
oh! darling

I watched ABC news and this Harold character was absolutely sure. "It's going to happen."

He definitely needs a psychological evaluation. I think there comes a point when the beliefs you hold dear turn the juices in your head fermented.

21-05-2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Quote:
For me it was Pluto being kicked out of the Planets of the Solar System club. How rude!
Size does matter, Tang.

Anyone who claims to be so devout on the one hand and then turns around and states that they know exactly what God is going to do and when is a little coo-coo in my opinion.

Anyway, if he watched the last episode of Supernatural he would know that the fallen angel Castiel is now God.

21-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata View Post
Well, after my Zodiac sign changed I gave up on life anyway.
well, your zodiac sign didnt change...unless you were born in 2010 or after and remarkably can type already:p

Quote:
Originally Posted by á la Balenciaga View Post
it better not be true.
i have things to do.
Posted via Mobile Device
exactly
i dont believe this but i can only imagine
what crazy new yorker is going to go ballistic on the train
i dont think ill travel tomorrow just to be safe

21-05-2011
front row

lol, no one went to heaven today?

21-05-2011
V.I.P.

^ lmao..
Posted via Mobile Device

21-05-2011
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeV View Post
lol, no one went to heaven today?

I'm tSF'ing at heaven right now. Imma say hi to God for all of you people!

21-05-2011
V.I.P.

2012 does have me worried tho lol
Posted via Mobile Device

21-05-2011
flaunt the imperfection..

i'm thinking 11/11/11 is gonna be another magic mumbo jumbo moment...

:p

21-05-2011
Stitch:the Hand

i woke up this morning forgetting about all this nonsense today. i have other things on my psyche besides this science fiction. to think some mere bag of bones in california is supposed to the bearer of the time....ooookay! yet somewhere in a village a bunch of loons gather....

what disturbs me the most though is how much our news media has become attracted to sensationalism these days. remember these stories were often mostly reserved for unsolved mysteries and the national enquirer. with the flooding going on in america....the situations in the middle east and pakistan today....one would think certain stories take precedence.

22-05-2011
front row

Oh, look. In case anyone actually thought this wasn't a gigantic scam to defraud people of their money:

Apocalypse believers wait vigilantly for the end after months of preparing; skeptics carry on.

Quote:
As Saturday drew nearer, followers reported that donations grew, allowing Family Radio to spend millions on more than 5,000 billboards and 20 RVs plastered with the doomsday message. In 2009, the non-profit reported in IRS filings that it received $18.3 million in donations, and had assets of more than $104 million, including $34 million in stocks or other publicly traded securities.
There's a story in there about taking money from subscribers and building an empire on people's fear and unhappiness, but the media aren't covering it. Instead it's all, "OH LOOK END OF THE WORLD IS REALLY FOR REAL? REALLY REALLY? DO YOU HAVE APOCALYPSE PLAYLIST LOL STORY AT 11" I cannot believe that this douchecanoe is getting so much coverage.

22-05-2011
V.I.P.

yay! we are alive!!!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, ending, world