How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-05-2011
V.I.P.

i'm actually surprised by how many earthquakes there are daily

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...uakes_all.html

(i've only ever felt one really really small earthquake in my life where i live, so it's all pretty foreign to me, so sorry if that sounded really ignorant and dumb)

Last edited by *Bianca*; 22-05-2011 at 02:19 PM.

22-05-2011
V.I.P.

ugh, earthquakes scare the hell out of me.

23-05-2011
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
They keep claiming that they know the exact day, but it's so redundant because the Bible specifically says that the event will happen to one's expectations and "will come as a thief comes at night".
Yes, and then it must be true
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belowen View Post
I've said it once and I've said it again. Ain't no apocalypse like a zombie apocalypse.
True that.

we were in love

23-05-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post
i'm actually surprised by how many earthquakes there are daily

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...uakes_all.html

(i've only ever felt one really really small earthquake in my life where i live, so it's all pretty foreign to me, so sorry if that sounded really ignorant and dumb)
I am more worrying that all these earthquakes and other natural disasters are taking place so closely, a few examples

-The floods and landslides in Brazil have been the worst in 50 years.
-The floods in Australia in 2011 were the worst in 50 years.
-The earthquake in Chile in 2010 was more powerful since 1960.
-The earthquake in Haiti was the worst in 200 years.
-The earthquake in Japan was the worst in 140 years, and one of the 5 most devastating in history.
-The earthquake in Lorca, Spain was the worst since 1956.
-The tornadoes that hit the U.S. now have been the worst in 37 years, some have even been worse than a century ago.

And this in only 1 and a half year :S

Apparently the decades of the 50 and 60 was very bad for the story, Today, probably the media and globalization have been charged with... approach to us to the situation, natural disasters have always been, but, has i said, I'll not deny that it is worrying the closely of the events. For now I would not worry so much, the best we can do it's to take the necessary precautions

24-05-2011
don't look down

To talk about these things in terms of decades or a century or so means nothing against the unimaginably large timescale of the geological history of the earth.

As populations expand, these events touch the lives of more people, and as modern communications improve, we give that more coverage, but that doesn't necessarily mean we're living in end-times.

If you consider how many more people live on the face of the planet today, of course an earthquake that happens in 2011 is likely to be 'more devastating' than something that occurred a thousand or even a hundred years ago.

But it's a lot easier for people worry over unpredictable natural disasters than it is to take a hard look at man-made disasters - and there are plenty of those - because then we'd have to confront the harsh fact that they’re entirely preventable, but because someone is profiting, those disasters are allowed to happen on a large scale. That’s the true horror of the times we live in - not the earth erupting and rumbling somewhere, just like it’s always done.

25-05-2011
Power to the 99%

^ I guess the good news is that the children will most definitely be separated from their nutcase of a mother ... let's hope their new situation is an improvement. Hopefully due to the high-profile case it will be ...

I acted shocked to see my religious coworkers still here on Monday

25-05-2011
front row

The thing that gets me about both the suicide and the woman who cut her daughters' throats is that, if it were me, I would wait until I knew for sure that the Rapture was here before I killed myself and/or my entire family. Otherwise, it's a waste. (It's a waste either way, but you know what I mean.) Then again, these people obviously had some sort of underlying mental problems, so logic probably wasn't playing a big part.

I wonder if the media will keep following this guy until October, or if we'll all be allowed to move on to something (anything) more interesting.

26-05-2011
don't look down

I'm not sure how each section of Christianity stands on suicide, but I'd imagine killing your children would immediately disqualify you from the Rapture, and give you a first-class ticket for the journey going the opposite way.

26-05-2011
backstage pass

^exactly. And i don't think ppl are taking the world coming to an end seriously. It's gonna happen. We'll just never know when
Posted via Mobile Device

26-05-2011
V.I.P.

i did a video interview with one of Camping's followers the day before "the Rapture". (i would embed it here, but i hate the sound of my own voice.)

he was standing outside my work trying to give his pamphlets to people attending a baseball game.

the cult member was polite and tried to answer my questions at least.

i asked him how much money he had donated to the cause and he said he would "rather not say". i asked him how much hours he donated and he said "oh, untold". i asked him about if he thought that gay rights were a symptom of the apocalypse and he tried to tell me that "everyone is a sinner".

i dont think he was a local guy. i think he was from new york.

26-05-2011
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamss View Post
^exactly. And i don't think ppl are taking the world coming to an end seriously. It's gonna happen. We'll just never know when
Posted via Mobile Device
We know exactly when. In 5 billion years when the sun implodes and swallows up everything nearby. Easy as that.

we were in love

26-05-2011
V.I.P.

^ they are in the malls. George Romero knew that in 1979 when he made "Dawn of the Dead". But we could always adopt them as pets, per "Sean of the Dead"

26-05-2011
V.I.P.

Now global warming I take veeeeeeery seriously. That will be our demise, before raptures or zombies. We need to stop overconsuming and overwasting and overpopulating and overdriving. We need to ALL do out part in this, if we care.

Okay, off my soapbox.

26-05-2011
In Bloom

We'll just exterminate ourselves, not the world. It's probably better off, but it's def. not ending.

we were in love

26-05-2011
front row

This was a nice article about May 21 from Vice Magazine even if couldn't manage to post it before. You should read it ah ah . I wonder: what r they going to do now (those religious people) ?

APOCALYPSE FOUR WEEKS FROM NOW

Quote:
Do you guys have plans on the day of?
A gathering of some sort? No. No, we’re not going to gather so the mothership can take us up to wherever. It won’t be like that at all.

So do you mind if I call you after, on May 22?
Still not convinced, huh?

Well, I mean …
I will say this as compassionately as I can: You had better get ready for this. You had better really honestly get ready for this, because it’s going to happen. I know that, like, it’s a ridiculous story, but that’s all I can tell you.

If it does happen, we’d have a lot more to talk about, right?
You saw the earthquake in Japan? You saw the devastation? OK. Let me just tell you: God said that there will take place an earthquake mankind has never experienced before. So great an earthquake that it will make the Japanese earthquake look like nothing in comparison. I don’t know what to tell you. There’s not going to be any world left. You will not have a paper to work for. There won’t be anything left. This world, it’s going to be terrible. I don’t know how many people have asked that same question.

A lot of people?
Everyone has asked the same question, “What will you be doing on May 22nd?” All I can say is, I won’t be here, and not because I’m going to commit suicide. No one else is going to be here either. I just pray for you. I’ll pray that God will have mercy on you, Rick.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, ending, world