How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-10-2007
Stitch:the Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro View Post
I don't believe this. It's scary when the cold facts are thrown at your face, but hell, many things have been predicted before, some have happened, most haven't.

So i'll just sit and wait, better catch me off guard than acting a lunatic waiting for it to happen.

Hopefully, its just all of us to be debt free and start with a million dollars on our accounts.
exactly.

predictions have been made by so-called intellectuals and the religious for centuries now,and how often have they actually happened or even been the slightest precise? and as far as natural disasters are concerned,people have been so frightened by what's happend lately with the asian tsunami,then katrina hitting NO...not to mention the enviroment in general and the melting of polar ice....seems to me just another way for a bunch of people to play on the fears of people. i don't know what's truly behind such predictions and i shall not assume anything but all i know is that it would be terribly unhealthy to go about one's life with fear of mere prediction.

15-10-2007
V.I.P.

I'll have been a Fashion Spot member for eight years by then; life will have been good.

15-10-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica18Toronto View Post
Ok, I just had a brilliant idea. Lets all sell our houses/cars/valuables and buy the biggest yacht imaginable on December 1, and party in St.Tropez for 21 straight days.
lol! And what if the world doesn't end?!?!!? We'll be broke

I've done some research months ago about some really powerful people will create this New World Order, and I'm scared just thinking of it, I hope it doesn't happen. I'm not certain if this connects to this whole 12.12.2012

15-10-2007
backstage pass

Bullsh*t. People have been predicting the end of the world since the beginning of time. This is no different. I don't care how accurate the Mayan calendar was. They just got lazy and decided to end the world when all of them would be long gone.

16-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanutbutter View Post
I don't recall of Bush personally chopping off people's heads. I guess I'm wrong.

well, no...being the president of a rather well known country, he cant do that outright, he just gets others to do it for him now...but i cant speak for those rituals in skull and bones society

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com

16-10-2007
101st monkey airborne

I remember sometime in the 1990's I was working as a dishwasher at a pizza restaurant in Pennsylvania. The morning manager-on-duty was a 60-ish bleach-blonde grandmother who in all sincerity believed a similar-but-different crap cable TV apocalypse story. I was around 20, and was taught to believe that older people and managers both had earned some wisdom points over my youth.

I was having my lunch break with her and three other workers--all older than me by decades--who had a heartfelt fear and faith that the entire midwestern portion of the country would be flooded by 2000... BECAUSE A TV SHOW SAID SO.

I realized then that older doesn't necessarily mean wiser. There are stupid people everywhere. Try not to be one.

16-10-2007
V.I.P.

I don't care about predictions, I don't even wear a raincoat when it's clearly going to rain.
having said that, I do have a great amount of respect towards ancient civilizations, and even though I'm openly ignorant on the subject, it's the current society what's bound to make a stupid deal out of something that actually has more meaning than some sci-fi-inspired fantasy.. look at what they did with poor Jesus' thoughts and actions, the man was a philosopher, not an ego-tripper .
but I shouldn't get into these topics here.
what I'm trying to say is that I take this as some spiritual turn in the world, something big that most of us probably won't notice in our lifetimes while being sucked in by literally grounbreaking stories or getting too psyched on material expectations.

16-10-2007
tfs star

Quote:
They just got lazy and decided to end the world when all of them would be long gone.
Omg that's a good one Uchina!
I agree with you though...even though this "prediction" scares the crap out of me..

16-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowdrama View Post
I remember sometime in the 1990's I was working as a dishwasher at a pizza restaurant in Pennsylvania. The morning manager-on-duty was a 60-ish bleach-blonde grandmother who in all sincerity believed a similar-but-different crap cable TV apocalypse story. I was around 20, and was taught to believe that older people and managers both had earned some wisdom points over my youth.

I was having my lunch break with her and three other workers--all older than me by decades--who had a heartfelt fear and faith that the entire midwestern portion of the country would be flooded by 2000... BECAUSE A TV SHOW SAID SO.

I realized then that older doesn't necessarily mean wiser. There are stupid people everywhere. Try not to be one.

remember Y2K? it just goes to show that mass hysteria can easily be created amongst a large population of ignorant or simpleminded folk....now THAT scares me!

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com

16-10-2007
Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
look at what they did with poor Jesus' thoughts and actions, the man was a philosopher, not an ego-tripper .

That should go to my signature.

16-10-2007
More Old Skool Than You

Remember, Kool Aid is great with vodka.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown

16-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourboltmain View Post
Remember, Kool Aid is great with vodka.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown
"Women and children first!"

You won't guess my suggestion at work, regarding how all our employees could escape storewide cleanup... and be kinda posthumously famous (hint, hint).

16-10-2007
Zen
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candysweet21 View Post
Omg that's a good one Uchina!
I agree with you though...even though this "prediction" scares the crap out of me..
Then, they have done their job!

16-10-2007
User Friendly

If the world is ending in Dec 12, 2012, I am selling all my belongings, taking out my max loans for school and flying to Paris to get a couture gown fitted by John Galliano himself.

But seriously... people have been predicting the end of time throughout the history of the human race.. its just our natural human instincts to think our time is THE time judgement/apocolypse will come.

16-10-2007
backstage pass

Hm. Well, at least I will be of legal drinking age by then.

I suppose we'll see what happens!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, ending, world