How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-01-2012
Making a Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
A lot of celebrities think this is true. Seth Rogen was on Howard Stern and he was saying that Geroge Lucas is convinced the world will end, and I also read an article in Vanity Fair where Shirley McClaine feels the same. But weirdly, they both think they will survive because their houses aren't on some sort of fault-line. Only a celebrity would believe the world will end, but they will survive...haha
Haha yes only a celebrity would think that.

And I agree with fashionista-ta. I think we'll be fine.

Last edited by Party_Vixen; 05-01-2012 at 10:58 PM.

06-01-2012
Soviet Camaro

I predict a pandemic of hangovers that feel like the end of the world, nothing more.

06-01-2012
V.I.P.

Is there an exact date? I better shop till I literally drop :p

06-01-2012
Rebaptising my badness

Lucky me I'm going to Europe (in April and probably in November as well) before the world ends. Now, should I get a tattoo or shouldn't I?

06-01-2012
windowshopping

Has China started constructing its giant flying boats yet? :p

06-01-2012
backstage pass

^haha.
I just have a feeling someone will get very rich due to those speculations about the world ending.

06-01-2012
Making a Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niusity View Post
^haha.
I just have a feeling someone will get very rich due to those speculations about the world ending.
I'm sure many people already have...

And I believe the date is December 21st. Right before Christmas too. Way too ruin the holidays Mayans :p.

07-01-2012
windowshopping

by the way.. here's a nice podcast from Charlieissocoollike that explains where this whole panic is coming from. Pretty interesting! (and he's british)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hzF3...41FUAAAAAAADAA

07-01-2012
fashion icon

^Ahh.... I love Charlieissocoollike... he's always so spot on about such things and does so in a funny manner (also, is it just me, but I think he's really good looking?).

I've already planned what I'm going to do on the 21st. My sister and I are going to go to the center of town where I'm sure people will be set up for the "apocalypse." We are going to set up lawn chairs across the street from those who are believers and just watch people freakout. It's going to be so funny. I know it's terrible of us but I honestly think that these theories about the world ending are rubbish. And if for some reason I am wrong and the world does end... well at least I will go out laughing.

07-01-2012
Rebaptising my badness

"just watch people freakout" - priceless! Yoninah, I think that is a wonderful way to spend the 21st of December. In fact, I might do the same myself here in Rio (though I don't think anyone down here actually believes the world is ending this year except for really crazy people).

07-01-2012
V.I.P.

Brilliant Yoninah.

And, of course, Nemova, as you probably know "really crazy people" are always the best ones to watch!

Must add lawn chairs to end of world shopping list.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

07-01-2012
tfs star

There's a rumor that Real Madrid might come to Guatemala in 2012, so probably the world is really ending.
BTW it was on national tv, so the odds are good for them to come down here, last time Real Madrid visited us, was in the 50's.

07-01-2012
Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
^Ahh.... I love Charlieissocoollike... he's always so spot on about such things and does so in a funny manner (also, is it just me, but I think he's really good looking?).

I've already planned what I'm going to do on the 21st. My sister and I are going to go to the center of town where I'm sure people will be set up for the "apocalypse." We are going to set up lawn chairs across the street from those who are believers and just watch people freakout. It's going to be so funny. I know it's terrible of us but I honestly think that these theories about the world ending are rubbish. And if for some reason I am wrong and the world does end... well at least I will go out laughing.
OMG, how have I missed him? He is cute ... and so smart, not to mention funny!! I'm so proud ... I wonder would he like to be my adopted nephew

07-01-2012
V.I.P.

It ends in December?! that gives us a whole year! lucky us we´ll still have Euro Cup! LOL

14-01-2012
tfs star

the funnier thing of all this is that it has a precise day for the world to colapse and end. it's just so stupid... is the earth ending in New Zealand before it does on Hawaii i'm wondering... or do people in New Zealand have to wait 23 hours so is the 21st in Hawaii so the world can end all together? haha it's so freaking stupid.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, ending, world