How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
A few years ago I went to Rome, and I remember going into a Catholic church where all of the portraits of the different Pope's hung. Then they had the empty frames of Pope's to-come. I remember that our guide showed us the final frame, and said that "some say that after that last frame is filled, it will be the end of times" (or something to that effect). Anyone know what year that was supposed to be?

I find this all fascinating, though I am a skeptic.
According to the Pope Prophecies, which has prophesied the names of the Popes since around year 1150, there's one more entry after our current Pope.

17-10-2007
Zen
V.I.P.

Has enyone watched the film the "Seventh Sign"? This subject just reminded me of that movie.

17-10-2007
front row

Just live life as per usual. Ending or not.

17-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post
According to the Pope Prophecies, which has prophesied the names of the Popes since around year 1150, there's one more entry after our current Pope.
actually, the current Pope is the last one mentioned (whether or not this means the last Pope or not, who knows??)
there's an entry after it (doomsday-ish), but apparently it may have been added later and not from the original prophecy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

17-10-2007
tfs star

^^ I hope it's cause he got lazy and didn't want to continue it.

17-10-2007
front row

last summer i went to the museo de alta montaña in salta (northern argentina), and there my boyfriend and i spoke for hours with an expert in mayan and andes culture, and he told me that 12-21-12 isn't the end of the world, it will be - as others have said in this thread - a shift in consciousness...whatever happens, be it of natural origin or provoked by man, will result in a change of the world as we know it. he said that extreme individualism and blind ambition will no longer be an option; there will be a return to community and cooperation and connection to nature and spirituality. the people who can't adapt and insist on the "old values" and selfish materialism won't survive, apparently...i'm usually quite skeptical but it doesn't sound impossible. i don't know, i'll believe it when it happens. all i know is that it may be a drastic change, but apparently, in the long run, it'll be for the better. post december 2012, the world will still exist, renewed. this isn't to say i'm not a little scared, but it all comes down to living life to the fullest and giving priority to what is truly important, cataclismic events notwithstanding.

17-10-2007
V.I.P.

I'm getting a feeling of 2001: A Space Odyssey combined with One Hundred Years of Solitude. (Two of my all-time favorites... :p )

18-10-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanutbutter View Post
I don't recall of Bush personally chopping off people's heads. I guess I'm wrong.

That would be Sooooooooooo Henry VIII of him. Been done!

If you wish to know my feelings about the masses, they seem to be suffering from an excess "m".

19-10-2007
V.I.P.

One of the first things I thought after I read the first post in this thread was "So, is it what only 8 seasons of the shows left ?"

To the subjuct: I hope it's not true neither in the way of that it would be a natural catasrophe/war, nor in the way of awakening the human consciousness. I'm used to the world the way it is. I don't want anything to change.

19-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by model_mom View Post
When i was very young a middle Eastern religion predicted the end of the world on a certain date and it was published in many papers. One of my classmates terrorized the rest of us because she believed she was one of the chosen ones who was going to be singled out to be saved. Well the date came near and I became physically sick at home and my mom put me to bed even though I didn't have any of the classic symptoms. The date came and went and I was still alive and quickly recovered and couldn't wait to get back to school to knock the living s**t out of our doomsday enemy.....the moral of this story is to take each day as it comes....make sure your doing what makes you happy and stop worrying about whats going to happen down the line.
Do you mean like literally ? Were you a bully at school or something ?

19-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA View Post
its just our natural human instincts to think our time is THE time judgement/apocolypse will come.
Good point !

19-10-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednafrau View Post
whatever happens, be it of natural origin or provoked by man, will result in a change of the world as we know it. he said that extreme individualism and blind ambition will no longer be an option; there will be a return to community and cooperation and connection to nature and spirituality. the people who can't adapt and insist on the "old values" and selfish materialism won't survive, apparently...
This sounds a lot like the judgement day to me. I hope it's not true. Besides, I don't see how becoming a community and living a less selfish lives combines with other people not surviving due to not fitting in...

19-10-2007
front row

^what the man meant was that they wouldn't survive in the figurative sense, meaning they might not be able to accept or refuse to accept the change and therefore would not survive, as in be able to adapt and live well (not that others would kill them!)
anyway, who knows if it will indeed happen? a part of me doesn't want anything to change out of fear of the unknown as well!

the main thing to remember always is: carpe diem! seize the day

Last edited by ednafrau; 19-10-2007 at 10:08 AM.

19-10-2007
V.I.P.

Throughout time human beings have been claiming the end of the world is near, and of course, were continually proven wrong. It is an innate, self-obssessed fear that all humans have, have had, and will have.

I'm hoping 2012 will be the end of religion!!

19-10-2007
Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulyss View Post
Throughout time human beings have been claiming the end of the world is near, and of course, were continually proven wrong. It is an innate, self-obssessed fear that all humans have, have had, and will have.

I'm hoping 2012 will be the end of religion!!

You do know that it's the people who make wars, not religion or God, right?

I can't wait for a huge change of pace to come and make the world a better place to live in for all of us.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, ending, world