How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
19-10-2007
  121
Push it to pop it!
 
justinleaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: home of the brave
Gender: homme
Posts: 968
...^ i didn't mean i look down on religious people in all ways- i have religious friends... but I highly doubt that they look up to my beliefs at all, just like i don't look up to theirs at all. You are telling me you don't look down on certain beliefs of people? What are your political beliefs?? Do you "disagree with" those who have completely opposite beliefs or do you think yours are superior? If any of you thought your beliefs weren't superior to everyone else's, wouldn't you want to change your beliefs?

Sure, there are religions which are more about "digging into yourself for strength and sharing it with those around you..." but that doesn't change the fact that it is fake, and humans are very capable of being happy and ethical without it.

 
 
19-10-2007
  122
trendsetter
 
Rubie girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brazil
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,003
When I was around 9/10 years old in my school, me and the other kids in my class watched a film that talked exactly about that solar maximun occuring and reverting the polarity on earth and that would happens in the future...I remember I was very scaried,but it didn't affected me and i didn't really cared about that...So I think this is not impossible to happens as some people say here just because the end of the world was predicted many times before...
Anyway it's scary and I hope it doesn't happen,but I don't like at all the way the world is now and it will be great if a new era,the change of counsciousness happens.It would be a change for better

 
19-10-2007
  123
fashion icon
 
knightley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: budapest vii (where pigeons won't even roost)
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,146
A solar maximum happened 20000 years ago or so, if I remember reading, and hominids were kicking it out of Africa then. I think we'll be okay.

__________________
love is a room: BUTANE. HEGELUND. BELIKOVA. OBERLIN.
 
19-10-2007
  124
User Friendly
 
CharlottefromCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lala land
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinleaddict View Post
...^ i didn't mean i look down on religious people in all ways- i have religious friends... but I highly doubt that they look up to my beliefs at all, just like i don't look up to theirs at all. You are telling me you don't look down on certain beliefs of people? What are your political beliefs?? Do you "disagree with" those who have completely opposite beliefs or do you think yours are superior? If any of you thought your beliefs weren't superior to everyone else's, wouldn't you want to change your beliefs?

Sure, there are religions which are more about "digging into yourself for strength and sharing it with those around you..." but that doesn't change the fact that it is fake, and humans are very capable of being happy and ethical without it.
Yes I have a friend who doesn't believe in evolution, but I don't look down on her for that. I disagree with her but I mean I just think "you know thats what she believes there is no point in arguing about it," we agree on so many other things.

I get where you are coming from though, most people question their beliefs (and have similar thoughts as yours) at least at some point in their life. If people don't question their beliefs and don't think about their religion that deeply then they are just "blind" followers.

Its just in high school.. I still remember this, I still remember his name.. we we had one of those stupid "these objects represent me" type of project. Well after a bunch of people say how religion has helped them throughout their life, this one guy says during his presentation "I think people who believe in religion are weak.. religion is for the week".. These are the people I CANNOT stand.

 
19-10-2007
  125
trendsetter
 
Rubie girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brazil
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,003
I believe in God and in spirituality...

Lots of us atheists or with different religions believe in the zodiac signs,I do believe it,how our personality has so much to do with what it says in our signs,and it's mysticism that cames from the paganism...How to explain that?


Last edited by Rubie girl; 19-10-2007 at 11:19 PM.
 
20-10-2007
  126
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In the ghetttoooo
Gender: femme
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubie girl View Post
I believe in God and in spirituality...

Lots of us atheists or with different religions believe in the zodiac signs,I do believe it,how our personality has so much to do with what it says in our signs,and it's mysticism that cames from the paganism...How to explain that?
i dont find that an accurate statement at all.

what about the butists?

 
20-10-2007
  127
windowshopping
 
juliaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: vancouver, canada
Gender: femme
Posts: 26
Honestly, if this really is going to happen, I'm not so scared about the aftermath as I am what is going to trigger a sudden shift in consciousness. If our civilization is really going to up-and change our beliefs, etc, I don't think we'd do it without being provoked first. Meaning: I highly doubt we'll just be like, "Hey! It's December 21, 2012. Let's do a complete 360 and just ditch everything we had before!" No. I think it would be something BIG. Maybe something we couldn't control (meteor, huge solar flare, sea levels significantly rise due to global warming, etc) or something that was our fault (nuclear holocaust would be my best bet) that was big enough to really kick us in the *** and make us think, "Hey, maybe we should smarten up and work together".

__________________
1. stammy 2. lara 3. coco 4. natalia v 5. daria
6. doutzen 7. suzanne d 8. alana 9. natasha p 10. rachel c
 
20-10-2007
  128
Zen
V.I.P.
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaaa View Post
Honestly, if this really is going to happen, I'm not so scared about the aftermath as I am what is going to trigger a sudden shift in consciousness. If our civilization is really going to up-and change our beliefs, etc, I don't think we'd do it without being provoked first. Meaning: I highly doubt we'll just be like, "Hey! It's December 21, 2012. Let's do a complete 360 and just ditch everything we had before!" No. I think it would be something BIG. Maybe something we couldn't control (meteor, huge solar flare, sea levels significantly rise due to global warming, etc) or something that was our fault (nuclear holocaust would be my best bet) that was big enough to really kick us in the *** and make us think, "Hey, maybe we should smarten up and work together".
I couldn't agree more. It's been said about 15-17 other nations have or are in talks of developing nuclear weapons. I feel, in order for this world to shift in a drastic way, to change our belief system etc. there will have to be in part a natural and/or a human made disaster that can wipe out almost the entire human population around the world. Now that I think about that.....that could be possible....there are plenty of carzy dictators out there.


Last edited by Zen; 20-10-2007 at 03:06 PM.
 
20-10-2007
  129
Be a good one
 
julesrules815's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New Jersey
Gender: femme
Posts: 20,051
^Gosh, I hope something won't wipe out almost the entire population! Maybe World War III though?

__________________
Daiane|Angela|J.P.|Rachel A.
 
20-10-2007
  130
tfs star
 
happytrail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: chicago
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,954
i don't really believe these quack theories, but just thinking about it is really terrifying

 
21-10-2007
  131
V.I.P.
 
*Bianca*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 25,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaaa View Post
Honestly, if this really is going to happen, I'm not so scared about the aftermath as I am what is going to trigger a sudden shift in consciousness. If our civilization is really going to up-and change our beliefs, etc, I don't think we'd do it without being provoked first. Meaning: I highly doubt we'll just be like, "Hey! It's December 21, 2012. Let's do a complete 360 and just ditch everything we had before!" No. I think it would be something BIG. Maybe something we couldn't control (meteor, huge solar flare, sea levels significantly rise due to global warming, etc) or something that was our fault (nuclear holocaust would be my best bet) that was big enough to really kick us in the *** and make us think, "Hey, maybe we should smarten up and work together".
It is pretty scary when you think about it like that

__________________
 
21-10-2007
  132
V.I.P.
 
jennifer~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 8,307
"Anyway, I'm sort of glad they've got the atomic bomb invented. If there's ever another war, I'm going to sit right the hell on top of it. I'll volunteer for it, I swear to God I will." - Holden Caulfield

__________________
no fun
 
21-10-2007
  133
More Old Skool Than You
 
fourboltmain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Under an old Ford
Gender: homme
Posts: 4,181
^ Slim Pickens rode it best:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueuauKKjPZI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Str..._Love_the_Bomb



wikipedia.com

__________________
www.lynch455.com
 
21-10-2007
  134
V.I.P.
 
jennifer~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Gender: homme
Posts: 8,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourboltmain View Post
^ Slim Pickens rode it best:

wikipedia.com
One of my favorite scenes ever! From one of my favorite movies; it's true I can't think of one without thinking of the other. Now it's gone from One Hundred Years of Solitude + 2001: A Space Odyssey to Catcher in the Rye + Dr. Strangelove... Pretty soon we'll have 8 1/2 plus Through the Looking Glass. I don't know how... We just will.

__________________
no fun
 
21-10-2007
  135
rising star
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 169
Just in case...

http://www.howtosurvive2012.com/



And for the skeptics:

http://skepdic.com/maya.html



Very interesting topic, by the way.

__________________
The day the women said, "NO!"
 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, ending, world
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.