How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-01-2009
Rebaptising my badness

Agyness Deyn voted the most annoying person of 2008

Quote:
Rossendale model Agyness Deyn is 'most annoying'

12:42pm Thursday 1st January 2009

EAST Lancashire supermodel Agyness Deyn has been voted the “most annoying” person of 2008 by a TV panel show.

The former Rossendale chip shop worker scooped the dubious prize on BBC Three’s celebrity review of the year, which counted down the 100 most irritating people of the year.

The 25-year-old, who is dating Strokes guitarist Albert Hammond Jr, beat off competition from Kerry Katona and Peaches Geldof.

Entertainment journalists and critics panned the Valley model for overexposure in newspapers, her fashion sense and recording a pop song.

But the mayor of Rossendale, Coun Christine Gill, leapt to the defence of the model.

She said: “Agyness is around the same age as my daughter and her brother came to a playgroup I ran. The whole family were really nice people. I wouldn’t describe them as annoying at all.

“Agyness has certainly put Rossendale on the map and we thank her for that. She has bought fame to the area and we wish her well for the future.”

While Deyn claimed top spot in the order, which was decided by the BBC, Bob Geldof’s daughter Peaches, was runner-up and Prime Minister Gordon Brown came third.

A series of guests gave their opinion on Agyness during a piece at the end of the show.

TV presenter Michelle De Swarte said: “She is just everywhere, you can’t get away from her.”

Despite coming out on top of a prestigious best-dressed list earlier this year, ahead of Kate Moss, Deyn’s choice of clothes was also poked fun at.

Her fashion sense was likened to eccentric 70-year-old TV personality Johnny Ball and Eastenders star Pat Butcher, while another described her as “dressing like my granddad”.

The model, whose real name is Laura Hollins, attended All Saints' RC High School, Rawtenstall, before going on to take A-levels at Bacup and Rawtenstall Grammar School.

She was spotted as a teenager while working at The Village Chippy, Stubbins.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...ost_annoying_/
One more thing for her impeccable resumť.

09-01-2009
Rebaptising my badness

The first picture

Quote:
Model Agyness Deyn voted most annoying celebrity... as she attends yet another party

By Lizzie Smith
Last updated at 2:32 PM on 09th January 2009

Since bursting onto the public consciousness last year model Agyness Deyn has recorded a pop song with The Five O'Clock heroes, bagged a pop star boyfriend, and become a constant fixture on the party circuit.

But the quirky blonde model's saturation of the tabloids and gossip magazines has led to her being voted 'most annoying' person of 2008 on BBC Three’s celebrity review of the year, which counted down the 100 most irritating people.

Vote for me: Cheeky Agyness Deyn laughs at being voted 2008's most annoying celebrity as she attends a tribute to designer Stephen Sprouse hosted by Louis Vuitton at Bowery Ballroom in New York yesterday

The former chip shop worker from Lancashire beat off stiff competition - including Bob Geldof's socialite daughter Peaches and reality TV star Kerry Katona.

But it appears Agyness is not worried by her new status. In fact the grinning model posed with a badge saying 'Vote Agyness!' at yet another party last night.

The 25-year-old was at tribute to designer Stephen Sprouse hosted by Louis Vuitton at the Bowery Ballroom in New York.

She dressed in a little black dress and graffiti style day-glo shirt and accessorised with an orange crucifix and limited edition Vuitton bag.

Annoying? Moi? Agyness poses with her limited edition Louis Vuitton handbag
Agyness, real name Laura Hollins, currently lives in New York with rumoured fiancť, Strokes guitarist Albert Hammond Jr.

One the BBC show a series of guests gave their opinion on Agyness, with TV presenter Michelle De Swarte saying: 'She is just everywhere, you can’t get away from her.'

Despite coming out on top of a prestigious best-dressed list earlier this year, ahead of Kate Moss, Agyness's choice of clothes was also poked fun at.
Her fashion sense was likened to eccentric 70-year-old TV personality Johnny Ball and Eastenders star Pat Butcher, while another described her as 'dressing like my granddad'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...nds-party.html

trendsetter

^Agree... she is the most annoying

09-01-2009
V.I.P.

totally agree

09-01-2009
V.I.P.

she is kind of annoying.

but I do feel sorry for her, when she reads it.

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

i highly doubt she minds it....its not easy for a model to get publicity.

In Bloom

She's the most annoying of this decade, no doubt about that

we were in love

09-01-2009
tailored

i love it! icon my a$$...

Rebaptising my badness

^

And The Ida, I totally agree.

V.I.P.

Hurray !!!

09-01-2009
fashion icon

MODS, can you please close this thread now before it turns into 40 pages of hate mongering. You always complain that people argue too much over certain models (like Heidi Mount) but when it comes to girls like Abbey and Agyness little is done to moderate conversation. Just a request, because it's just sad now.

tfs star

She is annoying

V.I.P.

she's annoying, yes, but this is totally embarassing on her...

09-01-2009
tfs star

Yeh i think so too, but she seems cool, she'll probably enjoy it take the p*ss

backstage pass

I thought I was the only person that found her annoying.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2008, agyness, annoying, deyn, person, voted