How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-09-2007
barcode

Good for her, I'm definitly looking forward to what she can do given a fair amount of time.

06-09-2007
scenester

I'm happy for her too. I thought her first and I believe only collection for Gucci was quite exquisite. I imagine she'll research the archives and stay within the Valentino direction but bring a fresher look to the collection.

She's got such a lovely smile too.

06-09-2007
trendsetter

How scary to be the successor of a line while the creator is still alive. What preasure.

07-09-2007
front row

i totally agree, label basher!
i loved her at gucci, i'm really looking forward to her first collection at valentino!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post

I loved her at Gucci and couldn't believe it when they replaced her with "what's her name" who has RUINED the whole house of Gucci (I'm talking clothes, shoes, bags the whole lot). Alessandra wasn't even given a decent chance at Gucci. I'm glad Valentino has faith in her.

THANK GOD it's not Zac or PS

07-09-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowetpink View Post
I actually have a bright hope for Allesandra's Valentino. It will be classic, but new at the same time
me too. Of course it's too early to judge, we have to see how well she will do it. But I have a feeling she will manage to make good collections for Valentino. I thought it was such a shame when she was replaced by Frida who does so much worse but still there. It's a chance for her to show what she an do. Idk I have pretty optimistic hopes

07-09-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah13 View Post
How scary to be the successor of a line while the creator is still alive. What preasure.

yeah, the same goes for YSL and Givenchy too :p

but i think alessandra is good, at least more suitable for the house than proenza schouler

07-09-2007
V.I.P.

what is Alessandra's history; and by that I mean what fashion houses did she work for prior to Valentino?

07-09-2007
don't look down

On one hand, you always feel that these young people are lightweights and in no position to take over from a master - yet on the other hand, you know that the 'masters of tomorrow' have to start somewhere on the long road to lasting success. I only hope that they give her enough time to develop into the role, and don't hastily replace her before she's had time to grow into the house of Valentino - and to synthesize her own vision of it. And it will take time.

trendsetter

I am sure for the first few collections Valentino will have a hand in the designs. I can't see him giving over total control in one swoop, but good for him for not working like crazy and enjoying his life now.

08-09-2007
backstage pass

On September 09, Fashion Television is throwing a huge tribute show downtwon Toronto at 299 Queen Street West. I'm not sure what the sidestreet is called but you know the one right in etween the Much Music Building and Second Cup? Well that street is currently closed off or this event and will be closed off all weekend as they set up the 80 foot long runway. Supposedly all the stars in town for film fast have received exclusive invites to check out the tribute, I'm not sure if Valentino will be there himself but by the sound of it, I wouldn't doubt it. It's at around 7pm. If anyone needs any more info, just send me a message.

By the way, it's supposed to be "super exclusive" and closed off on the sidestreet for the "stars" and exclusive guests, but considering it's location, anyone could watch.

08-09-2007
& b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuba01 View Post
what is Alessandra's history; and by that I mean what fashion houses did she work for prior to Valentino?
alessandra is absolutely amazing. she worked for many years with tom ford on gucci, and was his successor for all of 2005 until she resigned and frida giannini took over.

she then went on as designer for moncler gamme rouge which is absolutely breathtaking every season!

i know her valentino is going to be really great.

Last edited by Alejandro; 08-09-2007 at 12:35 PM.
08-09-2007
fashion elite

After looking at the Proenza Schouler collection over and over again, I don't really see how they could have took over Valentino. Nothing about their clothes say luxurious or glamorous. I like PS, but they could never design at Valentino. They are like complete opposites.

14-09-2007
front row

I haven't read through this entire thread, but I would have liked to see Ralph Rucci take over. Yes, two totally different styles, but the tailoring in both houses (Chado & Valentino) is exquisite. I think it could have been very interesting to see a Rucci interpretation of Valentino archives.

14-09-2007
V.I.P.

I hope she does well...

14-09-2007
front row

Actually, I think Tom Ford could do it, just as long as he doesn't try too hard to shock and titillate us with unnecessary sex (it's old Tom, it's so old. You even said so yourself). The way he dresses himself is so classic, intrinsic, and elegant, as are the shades and menswear line he has going now. I love the Valentino aesthetic and would hate for it to be swallowed up by some trendy reinterpretation, the way other lines have.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alessandra, creative, director, facchinetti, tod, update, valentino