How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-07-2011
DÔMMkammern

Pinko... as in... this Pinko?

source: weblamoda.com

01-07-2011
fashion icon

^pinko?!?!WTH!! She can have so much better than that!
Posted via Mobile Device

01-07-2011
Geometric Discharge

Oh Alessandra at Ferre would have been immense! Your talents are going to waste!

01-07-2011
boop

The Pinko project does not sound like a waste to me at all. The project seems promising and at a contemporary label price point it would be considerably easier for people to you know, actually get to purchase Facchinetti's work. I loved Valentino couture, but how many people could really afford to own any of those pieces? As much as I'm intersted in seeing the theater of fashion and artistry I'm also interested in buying and wearing things.

Quote:
Vogue.com

A welcome return to the fray for Alessandra Facchinetti, formerly of Gucci and Valentino, and now all raring to go with a new project called Uniqueness, launching this fall. Anyone who calls their label that is making rather grand claims, but Facchinetti’s inventive venture is, indeed, pretty darn unique. Here is how it will work: During the Paris spring 2012 shows later this year, she will present her debut collection, and then, a day later, it will be available online. No waiting months on end for the clothes to be delivered to the stores (even those of the e-commerce variety); it’s a show-now, click-to-buy-now concept, backed by Pinko’s Pietro Negra. (Pinko is an Italian high/fast fashion line.) And what’s Facchinetti going to be giving us? “Whatever I feel is right for the moment,” she said with a laugh over the phone from her Milan home. “It won’t be tied to a season, or to the idea of trends. It will be very selective, very edited. And I want it to be so that wherever you are in the world, you can wear it.”

That means, this first time around, outerwear classics—the parka, the caban, the men’s blazer—reworked in lighter, suits-all-climates fabrics (“If you want, you can wear heavier things underneath,” Facchinetti said, “or just an elegant shirt”) which includes the expected (cotton) and the less expected (a techno-polyester that she says can look like double-face satin, or like radzimir). These pieces will be supplemented with a few skirts and pants, and some simple, elegant shoes. There may be some bags later, there may not.
The point is, Facchinetti said, for her to be instinctual—“A couple of months later, I’ll likely add something else”—and for Uniqueness to work with the rhythms of our lives, not the strictures of the fashion-industry timetable.

And then there are the prices. Facchinetti comes from the world of rarified design ateliers, with tags to match; here, the outlay will range from 90 to around 600 Euros. While it’s not the first time a designer has challenged herself to work in a new way, with intriguing returns (consider Jil Sander’s +J for Uniqlo, even though it's less expensive than Uniqueness),
Facchinetti is thrilled to be experimenting with something she described as, “a chance to work in the new reality we are all in, a reality that is being driven by the Internet. It’s not like what I did before, or what I might do again, but it feels so right for now.

02-07-2011
DÔMMkammern

It does sound interesting!
I am a little turned off by this corny name they've chosen... but I dont want to judge the book by its cover
It sounds a bit like a Theyskens' Theory, no?

Mr. Magic

From vogue.it
Quote:
The designer Alessandra Facchinetti is the new creative director of women's collections of Tod's.

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
21-02-2013
Wanderlust

Interesting. I love her !
Hopefully she gets to stay somewhere, unless it's a move up.

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

Tod's? that seems like a waste of her talent, but she's got to pay the bills

21-02-2013
Geometric Discharge

Wow, are they going to present a collection? This is quite exciting for her!

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

So happy for her. She is so talented and deserves it.

25-03-2013
Fat Karl

It's seems that YES! We will be seeing a collection from her during Milan fashion week. Such great news. I hope this is becomes a long and fruitful enterprise for Alessandra! The woman is fantastic!

Quote:
ITALIAN luxury brand Tod’s has announced Alessandra Facchinetti (pic) as its women’s collection creative director.

“Alessandra is a very talented woman. Her passion for detail and dedication to the research of materials and manufacturing make her perfect for our brand, which has always been very attentive to quality,” stated Diego Della Valle, president of Tod’s Group, in a press release.

Facchinetti added: “As an Italian designer, I feel very honoured to take up such an important role for a brand that – with the highest quality and refinement – helps to keep up the prestige of ‘Made in Italy’ in the world.”

The first Tod’s women’s collection under the creative direction of Facchinetti will be presented during the next Milan fashion week, in September.

Born in Bergamo, Italy in 1972, Facchinetti studied art, sculpture and architecture. She graduated at the Istituto Marangoni in Milan.

Her versatile aesthetic led her to undertake different experiencs in some of the most prestigious fashion brands, debuting in 1994 as designer and coordinator of the brand Miu Miu.

In 2000, she joined the Gucci Group as design director of women‘s ready-to-wear. In 2006, she launched Gamme Rouge for Moncler. In 2008, she joined the Maison Valentino, and in 2010, she launched her first personal project, which represents an experiment of “no season collection”, exclusive to the online market.
thestar.com

Power to the 99%

^ I don't think I knew about this no season collection ... looking forward to seeing what she does for Tod's.

25-03-2013
fashion elite

I asked this in D&C section but no one answered, what about her Uniqueness brand(#454), is it still going on?

25-03-2013
Power to the 99%

Looks like she left in February: http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2013/02/...ko-partnership

But the current 'season' appears to have her fingerprints ... http://store.uniqueness.it/ITA/it-IT

25-03-2013
fashion elite

sorry if it wasn't a clear question, what I mean is, is the line going to end or they are going to hire another one to continue this line?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alessandra, creative, director, facchinetti, tod, update, valentino