How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-07-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterpeacock View Post
Agreed.

At least now it will be interesting to see how Alex starts dressing and what sort of music he makes because his mistakes can't be directly blamed on Alexa anymore.

Ahahahaha, you're right this should be interesting...

Glad he's in the market again, they really didn't seem like a good fit to me, definitely too siblingy.

31-07-2011
V.I.P.

i find him extremely irritating so if it is true i'm happy

fashion elite

They were a pretty private couple so I dont really see how anyone could possibly say they were mismatched or whatever.

31-07-2011
front row

i feel sorry for both of 'em. Must be hard deal with all the breakup mess when you are alexa chung , she worked and everything like nothing happenned. that must be really hard. she must feel terrible
poor alexa, por alex.

31-07-2011
fashion insider

they had no sexual chemistry whatsoever in their pictures. I thought they would break up a long time ago

31-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laisla View Post
They were a pretty private couple so I dont really see how anyone could possibly say they were mismatched or whatever.
or that they weren't interesting so therefore it's good they broke up...I didn't realise people were in relations so as to entertain random people

31-07-2011
fashion elite

As private as they may be, they're in the public eye because of their work, and public personas will always be subject to judgment by other people. Some people may not like it, but it is what it is.

31-07-2011
V.I.P.

They were together for quite a while. Any breakup is sad. I always thought they were so well matched.

31-07-2011
front row

I liked them together but I'm curious to see who she will date next ;)
And I was reading comments on dailymail, it seems like she's not very loved, I'm surprised I find Alexa adorable..

tfs star

^ i think people are jealous of her. i know i am: alex turner is the man of my dreams.

31-07-2011
scenester

^ heheheh, preach!

31-07-2011
V.I.P.

Wow, yeah. Just went back and read the comments. Rather nasty towards Alexa. I realize she isn't typical "pretty" but that is the appeal as far as I am concerned. And I like her style and that she seems to have a brain in her head. It would be nice to see her settle into a career, though, whatever that may be. I also like the Arctic Monkeys and Alex's lyrics. He tackles all sorts of topics, including unusual ones. Some songs are narratives and others typical love lyrics. Always think "505" is one of the more wistful love songs about how difficult it is to spend time together and longing for the times it's possible. Probably the song was personal? Anyhow, too bad they split, but both seem like good young people and I am sure they'll meet others. Wish em the best.

01-08-2011
trendsetter

i could watch paint dry and be more entertained than listening to Alexa Chung. Epitomie of vapid and bland.

* Alec Wek - Mariaclara Boscono - Natasha Poly - Karen Elson - Sascha P*
01-08-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
Always think "505" is one of the more wistful love songs about how difficult it is to spend time together and longing for the times it's possible. Probably the song was personal?
Not to sound like an Arctic Monkeys nerd, but I'm pretty sure that song was about Matt's experience. It was pre-Alexa.

I don't think it's fair to say that people hate Alexa because she was dating Alex (as almost every magazine article about her suggests) I don't like her because she seems patronising and a bit pointless. I thought they were mismatched based on Alex's lyrics mocking hipster types. They lasted 4 years though so there must have been a lot of love there.

she had boys in her room

505 is about Johanna Bennett. If I remember rightly, Alex wrote it on a train on the way to meet her at a New York hotel. He started dating Alexa after FWN was released.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alex, alexa, arctic, chung, monkeys, split, turner