How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-08-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondSea View Post
505 is about Johanna Bennett. .
I stand corrected.
Now she's married to that Kings of Leon guy. Strange world.

01-08-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentricity View Post
i could watch paint dry and be more entertained than listening to Alexa Chung. Epitomie of vapid and bland.
This.

01-08-2011
V.I.P.

quite sad. somehow i just didnt see this coming..

01-08-2011
V.I.P.

"505" - whomever / whatever it was about (thanks for the input and info ladies ) my point still stands that it is a wistful love song, and judging by the lyrics it seems to be about longing, wanting to go "back" to a better time. So even though it wasn't about Alexa it seems sort of fitting now, at least to me.

I love the Monkey's music, but I cannot say that I know much about the band members. Read a few articles in Spin, Nylon and online, but that's it.

A lot of people really don't like Alexa, which is fine. I don't know her, obviously, but the clips from "It's On..." that I saw suggested to me that she is an intelligent girl. She didn't come across as vapid at all. However, she does seem to be "floating" as far as 'what-to-do-with-my -life' (jack of all trades master of none? Design, presenter, model, etc). It seems like presently she is trying hardest to get something going in fashion, but personally I think she is more suited to culture in general, maybe music specifically. It seems like she should be a presenter on an interview show, to me. But others will disagree I am sure.

Maybe it was that love of music and interest in English culture that drew her and Alex together in the first place? Maybe others know how they hooked up better. But her entrenchment in the "high" fashion world in recent years seems like a world apart from being in a band on the road? As someone else opined already, surely they initially had a deep connection or how could they've lasted four years? Seems like they've grown apart now though, and hence the split.

01-08-2011
front row

This is all such pointless conjecture. How can anyone claim to know what drew them together and split them apart? As for the what is Alexa or Alex going to do now or what have they been doing cos one or the other is better than them... it all seems completely vapid to me. And much more so than anything either of them have ever said or done. I hope you realise that you are talking about actual people here. The lived. They loved. They broke up. Leave them to it. He makes music. She is in the public eye for many valid (and some not so valid) reasons. It doesn't mean they won't read this and it doesn't mean they're not impenetrable.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturdaysgirl View Post
This is all such pointless conjecture. How can anyone claim to know what drew them together and split them apart? As for the what is Alexa or Alex going to do now or what have they been doing cos one or the other is better than them... it all seems completely vapid to me. And much more so than anything either of them have ever said or done. I hope you realise that you are talking about actual people here. The lived. They loved. They broke up. Leave them to it. He makes music. She is in the public eye for many valid (and some not so valid) reasons. It doesn't mean they won't read this and it doesn't mean they're not impenetrable.
As for my post above, it was indeed conjecture. Hence the question marks. Naturally, if a couple is in the public eye, people become curious about them, particularly if they are a fan of what either or both of them does. People will speculate again if they split up; it goes with the curiousity I suppose.

As for whether or not they read the press (or blogs) that may pertain to them who knows? I would think they'd avoid it. I know I would!

As I said before... wish em both the best.

02-08-2011
front row

I wasn't really referring to you Not Plain Jane, more so to the people being mean. I understand that naturally people will speculate. I am a fan of both of theirs. This is how I know that Alexa reads stuff about herself on the internet. And I'm not sure if she'll read this but all that horrible stuff being said can't be helping at an already bad time.

fashion insider

What a shame. They seemed like the 'perfect' couple to me.

02-08-2011
scenester

sad to hear about it as i'm an alexa fan, but my husband is ecstatic as he too is an alexa fan! LOL!

02-08-2011
V.I.P.

Now that you're both single Alexa, get together with Alex Skarsgard, have some beautiful babies and be done with it.

No really.

03-08-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroin_Chic View Post
What a shame. They seemed like the 'perfect' couple to me.
Yeah, too bad they didn't last. They would have made some cute grungy babies all wrapped up in peter pan collared clothes haha.

fashion insider

Alexa Chung and Alex Turner Back Together/New Split Up
So someone sent me a message on Tumblr asking if Alex and Alexa really were back together and so I asked her where she heard this. She said that the girl who runs theviewsfromtheafternoon.tumblr.com was at an Arctic Monkeys gig in Las Vegas and Alexa was there holding hands with Alex and she saw them kiss. So I'm not sure it's one hundred per cent true. Her friend said she wasn't lying, she was there with her. There's a picture of the girl with Alex, but none with her and Alexa. Anyone believe this? I really hope it's true!

(p.s. can a mod edit the title to 'never split up' instead of 'new split up' - mistake.)

Last edited by LuellaLuella; 25-09-2011 at 02:04 PM.
26-09-2011
.my prison is your brain.

He's probably just dating another Joanna/Alexa clone
Supposedly Alexa is dating Theo from the Hurts...

28-09-2011
windowshopping

Yep, according to The Sun he's dating again, and the new girl looks a bit like Alexa.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ers-prize.html

14-12-2011
front row

I honestly don't get the Alexa bashing, she's so cool! Besides that, she seems honest, intelligent and optimistic. Not to mention cute as a button!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alex, alexa, arctic, chung, monkeys, split, turner