How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-08-2011
V.I.P.

Lainey is a tue same as any gossip, once they tell one lie they can't stop and go back on it and it's snowballes. The Kate stuff she spits out reaks of bias IMO. Kates stylist Cher also styles Gwenyth and apparently Gwenyth was wearing jewelmint in her music video (read it on cher's twitter) I mean really, according to Lainey, Kate is a homewrecker whom GP is
using her influence to get ppl to shun... And she's going to go and support Kates jewelry line?? Yeah right. Lainey is full of BS....!
Also the Kate does she ever work line is officially old and outdated the girl has like 5 movies in post production
Posted via Mobile Device

07-08-2011
V.I.P.

Excuse my spelling etc errors, I'm on my iPhone and wasnt paying as much attention to what I was typing as I should have...
Posted via Mobile Device

07-08-2011
fashion elite

I think this thread should be renamed: 'Lainey Gossip: fraud or prophet'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmob84 View Post
The Kate stuff she spits out reaks of bias IMO.
I'll never deny that Lainey is biased as hell (she admits it herself), but the Chris Martin rumor is based on way more than just personal dislike.
Around the time Star broke the story of Kate hooking up with Chris, Gwyneth published a 'blind item' on her website talking about being angry at a back-stabbing former friend. Also at the same time, Kate, who used to be a Stella girl, was suddenly excluded from the 'cool set', never appearing at the Met Ball with Gwyneth, Liv Tyler, etc like she used to. Martin also made a big stink about suing Star yet never did (unlike Katie Holmes, for example, who said she would sue them for claiming she was on drugs and went through with it).
If all those event are merely coincidental, then it's one hell of a coincidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmob84 View Post
apparently Gwenyth was wearing jewelmint in her music video
If Gwyneth does indeed have a professional relationship with Cher, it wouldn't be surprising that she wore a Jewelmint earring since it's as much (if not more) Cher's project as it it Kate's. It doesn't prove anything, imo, especially when you take in consideration the other elements.

07-08-2011
fashion elite

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to say: as for Kate working, getting roles is one thing. Getting quality roles in movies people go see in another. Can you name Kate's last two or three movies without going to IMDb?

07-08-2011
fashion elite

@Harumi totally agree with all your statements. Kate has not been in a quality movie since "21", her career is in a serious downfall, and the remake of "Straw Dpgs" (truly awful idea) has been pushed back countless times and will now be "dumped" in September.

Even if you are a Bosworth fan you must admit her career has been in a downward spiral. Her biggest recent accomplishment was dating Alex.

07-08-2011
V.I.P.

[quote=Harumi;9478431If Gwyneth does indeed have a professional relationship with Cher, [/quote]

She doesn't. Her stylist is Elizabeth Saltzman.

07-08-2011
trendsetter

I like Kate about as much as I like Gwyneth. Never met either of them but from what I've heard from people I've worked with neither are quite as pleasant as they make themselves out to be and all these gossip things just make them sound like they're behaving like a bunch of high schoolers, exiling people from their clique.

07-08-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepaperstars View Post
I like Kate about as much as I like Gwyneth. Never met either of them but from what I've heard from people I've worked with neither are quite as pleasant as they make themselves out to be and all these gossip things just make them sound like they're behaving like a bunch of high schoolers, exiling people from their clique.
Can you say in what way your colleagues thought they were unpleasant?

07-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi View Post
Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to say: as for Kate working, getting roles is one thing. Getting quality roles in movies people go see in another. Can you name Kate's last two or three movies without going to IMDb?
I usually agree with pretty much everything you're saying but in this case I don't see the connection between quality projects and well covered ones. I work in film archiving and know for a fact that the best movies are the ones least promoted. I'm glad Kate is not going for the Lois Lane-stuff any longer but choses role she actually fits instead. I doubt she needs the money and people know her name anyway (even though most probably don't why). Her actions might be questionable at times but I'm sure she leads a very happy life.

fashion elite

^Oh, I agree (in fact, I would go as far as saying that both American Television and Latin-American and European cinema churn out far more quality projects that mainstream American cinema has this past decade), but Warrior's Way? Straw Dogs?
Sometimes, projects don't get promoted not because they're indy, but because they're plain mediocre.

I'm sure Kate is financially comfortable, and certainly more professionally successful than the immense majority of struggling waiter-actors in Hollywood, but she doesn't strikes me as a particularly happy person. It's a completely subjective perception, though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
She doesn't. Her stylist is Elizabeth Saltzman.
Ah, thank you.
Quote:
I like Kate about as much as I like Gwyneth. Never met either of them but from what I've heard from people I've worked with neither are quite as pleasant as they make themselves out to be.
Indeed?
I've actually never heard anything bad about either Kate and Gwyneth in terms of how they treat people most of the time (fan encounters, people on set, etc), so I'm very curious.

07-08-2011
V.I.P.

^I'm actually very intrigued about The Warrior's Way but maybe that's just me. It looks so perfectly trashy it might be good after all.

fashion elite

^Lmao! I can't blame or judge you. Starship Troopers is still one of my all-time favorite movies (Days of our Life, Bug spray commercial and Star Trek collide).

07-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
I'm sure dating a director will have more advantages for her than dating an actor. He can keep casting her in his mediocre movies like Kate Beckinsale and Len Wiseman.
Exactly what I was thinking. Plus she's got that screenplay she "wrote" based on the novel she bought the rights to that she's been trying to get off the ground for years now. So having a director boyfriend should help speed that along. Then she can be casted as the leaed. It's all so romantic.

07-08-2011
V.I.P.

* Mod edit: Off topic discussion *

And as for Kate dating a director: "Lost girls and love hotels" is a great story and it could make for a really good movie. If it takes that kind of "romance" to finally make it happen, I'm all for it.

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 08-08-2011 at 07:19 AM.
07-08-2011
V.I.P.

I know nothing of the book, but I don't feel excitement if she's in it. Every performance I've seen of hers has been dull and flat.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alexander, bosworth, kate, skarsgard, split