Amber Heard Files for Divorce from Johnny Depp - Page 3 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-05-2016
V.I.P.

Vanessa Paradis also coming out in support of Johnny:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...aradis-8075797

Heard has always seemed like a huge opportunist to me. Doesn't mean she wasn't abused, and there's never an excuse for domestic abuse, but this seemed doomed from the start.

29-05-2016
fashion elite

Vanessa and his ex wife are disgusting for being complicit in Johnny's attempts to drag the actual victim through the mud to protect his own reputation.

Johnny was the one who was silly enough to leave his long term partner for a woman nearly half his age. He is also the only one who should be having his reputation tarnished.

29-05-2016
V.I.P.

Did he really leave Vanessa for Amber? I always thought that Vanessa ditched him (and based on looks alone, good for her).

Honestly, this is so messy... I want to side with Amber but there's something so weird and calculating going on with her timing that I don't know what to believe. According to law, can she get money if he abused her? I mean, if he contends her alimony claims does the law say he has to pay her no matter what if he abused her?

29-05-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
Vanessa Paradis also coming out in support of Johnny:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...aradis-8075797

Heard has always seemed like a huge opportunist to me. Doesn't mean she wasn't abused, and there's never an excuse for domestic abuse, but this seemed doomed from the start.
agree - they are both totally screwed up from my perspective. sounds utterly codependent and dysfunctional.

that one article suggests she even baited him by calling him "fat and old" - how ridiculous all this is getting.

it is strange how johnny seemed totally settled and normal with vanessa. it seems like the problems - and his career falling into the trashbin - all started with the pirate movies and their move to hollywood. when they lived in france, it just seemed like depp still had integrity and they lived a tranquil, even ideal life, raising their kids.

it seems like classic gold-digger vs midlife crsis/ addict. what a mess!

i won't fault vanessa for giving her perspective, just as i wouldn't fault one of amber's close acquaintances for giving his/her perspective either. these are people who actually KNOW the two involved in this mess, and they have every right to give their side of the story to my mind. it gives a little more perspective.

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 29-05-2016 at 10:35 AM.
29-05-2016
fashion insider

My first instinct was to believe the "victim" and I abhor any kind of violence, especially against women. But the more that comes out, the more I'm starting to think she could well be a very devious creature.

For what it's worth, I have some direct knowledge of Johnny Depp, although from awhile ago. In the 90s I worked in a hotel where he and Kate Moss stayed for an extended period. They spent a lot of time in the hotel, ordering room service etc and laying low in their room. I never got to meet him but I did meet her and she seemed happy and fine. There was absolutely no gossip going on in the hotel about anything untoward going on with them and believe me, hotel staff love to gossip! Once I had to deliver something to the room when they were both out and I saw a very sweet, tender note he had left for her.

Anyway, this saga reminds me a bit of the Heather Mills / Paul McCartney fiasco. Maybe Amber is another Heather.....

29-05-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
and they have every right to give their side of the story to my mind. it gives a little more perspective.
I'm not sure about this, I think relationships can be so tricky and the closest people are the least qualified to give their take on it.. it's so private, even for them, and then they're biased.. and I think Vanessa's being a little naive (not to say stupid..) for weighing in with her experience, if she experienced a quiet and happy relationship with him, good for her, but it doesn't mean that just because a person is able to build something healthy with someone they share values with, that therefore they're unable to walk into a toxic relationship afterwards... I mean, I've had one of those relationships (the nasty kind- nothing physically violent though!), if you told a partner from like 2011 that I lose my s*t in 2 seconds or blow up a phone, he'd say that's untrue, and ahem..

I do think she's saying the truth, her declaration and how she claims the events unfolded over time and during that night sound very common, that's how it goes when couples fight continually until it escalates, also that's how s*itty LAPD steps in "ma'am [yawns] would you say your life was in danger? so why did you call 911 then? I'm out of here".

Her problem is that she did come across as opportunistic from the start, and in interviews, as someone with a huge sense of entitlement.. which is a double-edge sword, it's not rare to see someone believing that they must be beyond great if they managed to walk someone out of a long-term relationship and gasp, give them everything and even get married to them when they never wanted marriage. They ignore that such 180 spins are rather abnormal and it says nothing about how great they are but the tons of baggage the other person is already carrying..

Now call me a huge gold-digger hahah, but for someone that didn't do much for her career and just tagged along, I'm surprised she's going for a modest 50K a month!, I mean I wouldn't go for anything but considering she doesn't have an apartment or car, 50K a month is barely 5 flights in first class.. (did the math like a proper gold-digger, I know.. )

Sidenote, I didn't know they lived at the Eastern. Sighs..

29-05-2016
V.I.P.

johnny is the father of vanessa's kids so this whole mess involves her too. now she is telling her truth of her experience with depp... maybe to protect the kids?

of course relationships can change people - and a person can act differently in different relationships - but character witnesses are used in court so why not in the "court of public opinion"? i totally like to hear more than one side - or even two - in any situation, be it from friends, family, former relationships or business colleagues. i don't see anything wrong with it.

it could also simply be that numerous outlets reached out for a statement from vanessa and she just wrote that "letter" as a blanket statement.

in terms of depp and heard, i suspect both are probably guilty of dysfunctional and opportunistic behaviour. they both seem like nut-cases. perhaps they were even verbally abusive towards each other, as that one link suggests. this does not - and never should - excuse domestic violence, though, and i already agreed with heather-anne on this.

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 29-05-2016 at 12:44 PM.
29-05-2016
V.I.P.

It's the whole subject of monetary compensation which muddied the water for me. Just like the Cosby/Richardson victims. Here too I feel that by holding out your hand you're sending an odious message that a price can be attached to abuse. Quite vulgar actually. Amber is not infirm, she may well proceed to have a flourishing career yet. So why ask for money? Now if she'll donate that money to shelters etc, different story. But it's for herself, to get by. Will it make life easier knowing you've suffered a few punches and got rewarded with a luxury condo?

I honestly couldn't be bothered by what Mickey Rourke said, but Vanessa? How terribly common of her to run her mouth about this affair! Why not just keep schtum? I would, even if I had a sound opinion of Johnny. And anyway, all Vanessa can vouch for is the demeanor of a man 3 or more years ago. People change!

29-05-2016
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon;13618925[I
Did he really leave Vanessa for Amber? I always thought that Vanessa ditched him (and based on looks alone, good for her).

Honestly, this is so messy... I want to side with Amber but there's something so weird and calculating going on with her timing that I don't know what to believe. According to law, can she get money if he abused her? I mean, if he contends her alimony claims does the law say he has to pay her no matter what if he abused her?
I think so. Vanessa and Johnny were still together when Rum Diary came out however, according to Johnny himself:

Quote:
"We tracked each other down," he added. "We tracked each other down. Actually, incidentally, it was amazing. It was at the first day of press on The Rum Diary. Then we married that very day!"
Once Vanessa and Johnny were officially over, like he is doing with Amber, he unleashed his PR team on her.

Last edited by pixiedust1603; 29-05-2016 at 12:53 PM.
29-05-2016
V.I.P.

^^ exactly..

Vanessa was not part of the relationship, so she has no say, let alone any business sending a freaking letter.. the excuse that she's the mother of the kids doesn't work for me, he's also the father of the kids, it's his responsibility to protect them and clean the mess if he made the decision to go into a stupid relationship and they're all going into the pool of mud with him...

eta* re pixie: didn't he also have his friend at US Weekly publish a s*itty story on Vanessa?...

Last edited by MulletProof; 29-05-2016 at 12:53 PM.
29-05-2016
V.I.P.

it's not an excuse that she is the mother of the kids; it's a fact. but seriously, like i said, they may've reached out to her for a statement, and she made a protective and/or generic one for the sake of her kids, as many a mother might do. i don't know that i'd criticize her for this. maybe she might've been better off had she said "no comment" but her protective instinct kicked in.

but agree with you all - it is sad that they are all getting dragged into the mud due to depp's stupidity. ugh. what a messy mess!

29-05-2016
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
^^ exactly..

Vanessa was not part of the relationship, so she has no say, let alone any business sending a freaking letter.. the excuse that she's the mother of the kids doesn't work for me, he's also the father of the kids, it's his responsibility to protect them and clean the mess if he made the decision to go into a stupid relationship and they're all going into the pool of mud with him...

eta* re pixie: didn't he also have his friend at US Weekly publish a s*itty story on Vanessa?...
Yes he did. I wish I could find something better than Lainey's spark notes version of it but sadly I can't. In summary, nothing is his fault EVER. He has no agency in his life and he was forced into this vicious cycle of being a living breathing caricature because of Vanessa.

http://www.laineygossip.com/Johnny-D...-control/23935

I do remember an interview with Winona where she sent Natalie Portman a letter of apology after filming Black Swan as apparently the scene where she had to smash up everything reminded her of her first boyfriend.

29-05-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiedust1603 View Post
In summary, nothing is his fault EVER. He has no agency in his life and he was forced into this vicious cycle of being a living breathing caricature because of Vanessa.
if that is true, it's surprising vanessa would say anything on his behalf. which leads me to conclude she must have done it for the kids.

wow, i used to like johnny depp during his edward scissorhand years, but he's turned into such a joke.

29-05-2016
V.I.P.

I don't understand why everyone is bashing Amber and saying she is lying, when no one knows what happened. This is exactly why most of women never report domestic violence, because they are always portrayed as liars!

Also I don't see why all the exes (the 1st wife + Vanessa) are saying Johnny is not violent. They should wait to be asked to testify in front of a court instead of trashing Amber in the media. And just because they didn't have problem of domestic violence with Johnny doesn't mean he is not capable of beating his wife. People change, and it seems quite obvious that Johnny has a big problem with alcool and maybe dr*gs, so this is not helping his case. And if I remember well, there was an incident once with Kate in a hotel?

Anyway, apparently she has a video to prove the violence, so let's just wait and see.
But I'm pretty sure that whatever happens, it won't affect Johnny's career. Hollywood sure loves the bad guys.

29-05-2016
V.I.P.

^ HW won't care as long as he's profitable. But if people start boycotting his movies then that's another issue...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
amber, depp, divorce, files, heard, johnny