Amber Heard Files for Divorce from Johnny Depp - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-05-2016
fashion elite

Amber Heard Files for Divorce from Johnny Depp
By George Stark @GeorgeStark_05/25/2016 AT 06:00 PM EDT

Amber Heard has filed for divorce from Johnny Depp after 15 months of marriage, PEOPLE can confirm.

Heard, 30, filed a divorce petition on Monday citing irreconcilable differences. The actress is asking for spousal support from Depp, 52, according to the documents obtained by PEOPLE.

The couple married in February last year after first meeting on the set of 2011's The Rum Diary.

Reps for the couple were not immediately available for comment.

In December last year, Heard addressed split rumors to Marie Claire saying: "I try not to react to the horrible misrepresentation of our lives, but it is strange, and hard."

The pair went public with their relationship the following year after Depp announced his split from partner of 14 years Vanessa Paradis.

On Wednesday, news also emerged that Depp’s mother, Betty Sue Palmer, has died, ET reports.

people.com

26-05-2016
#Resist

That sure didn't take long ... would love to know why he made the decision to do this in the first place.

26-05-2016
everything sucks!

I'm surprised to see her asking for spousal support. Can she only get the money he made during their marriage?

26-05-2016
#Resist

I believe that's for dividing property in a community property state ... I think a request for spousal support implies a disparity in their income (not surprising). I'm not an expert on CA family law ... I believe it is unique.

26-05-2016
V.I.P.

Haha aw..

so not surprised to see her asking for money..

26-05-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
That sure didn't take long ... would love to know why he made the decision to do this in the first place.
I mean, she was clearly his midlife crisis after the divorce. They always seemed like such an odd couple.

we are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams. wandering by lone sea breakers and sitting by desolate streams. world losers and world forsakers, on whom the pale moon gleams. yet we are the movers and shakers of the world for ever it seems
26-05-2016
#Resist

But since when do you marry your midlife crisis, when you didn't marry Kate, Vanessa, or any other long-term significant other? That's what continues to puzzle me ...

If Google is correct, it appears he had one other short-term marriage back in the 80s when he was quite young ... and then skipped multiple decades before doing it again.

26-05-2016
backstage pass

He honestly has a terrible luck in relationships. If rumours are true his relationship with Vanessa was terrible and they were separated for quite a while before finally divorcing. He then runs off to marry this B-list girl who I didn't even knew before she married her. He just needs to get his s*** together..

Last edited by YohjiAddict; 26-05-2016 at 04:57 PM.
26-05-2016
#Resist

He and Vanessa never divorced, because they were never married. He married a makeup artist at 20--that lasted a couple years. He's been engaged since then--to Jennifer Grey, Winona Ryder, maybe Kate Moss--but never married again until Amber Heard.

26-05-2016
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionista-ta View Post
He and Vanessa never divorced, because they were never married.
Sorry, what I meant was "before announcing their split".

27-05-2016
backstage pass

This does seem like his midlife crisis, some men buy fancy sports cars while others get hot young wives. The asking for support part is strange since she really has no ties to him I would say (like she they don't have kids together or anything, I dunno about the relationship with the dogs and with his kids). I just mostly feel bad for his kids, and I feel like he needs some therapy. I've noticed (perhaps I'm wrong) that his daughter for whatever reason is seen mostly with her mom...perhaps because there's some stability there

27-05-2016
V.I.P.

I don't understand why she'd ask for money, that's so weird for someone her age. She's hasn't yet reached the peak of her career and can still make loads. Always believed you demand spousal support when you don't have the means to generate money on your own. Makes me wonder what exactly her motivations were to get with him in the first place.

27-05-2016
浪人

I read that his family hated her. She filed for divorce like two days after his mother died.

27-05-2016
fashion icon

Surprised... not.

27-05-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
I read that his family hated her. She filed for divorce like two days after his mother died.
Apparently also the kids and some in his inner circle (Manson?).

What's worst, he's also contesting the spousal support claim. Wonder how much she's asking for. Looks like it will get quite messy.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
amber, depp, divorce, files, heard, johnny