How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
08-10-2005
  31
tfs star
 
emma peel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,562
um, it's only a pie...

  Reply With Quote
 
08-10-2005
  32
i'm almost ready..
 
adorefaith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: rocky mountains
Gender: femme
Posts: 14,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atelier
The terrorist that threw this pie should be given the rusty guillotine treatment. The day I get elected emperor, PETA is among the first ten organizations that's getting annihilated.
what are the other 9...??.... .....

__________________
That's who you wanna go in the woods with, right?
Somebody who finishes your sentences for you
  Reply With Quote
08-10-2005
  33
fashion icon
 
oanadobre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,107
Maybe they are only trying to convince her to change her hairstyle..

__________________
Gone till December
  Reply With Quote
08-10-2005
  34
User Friendly
 
CharlottefromCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lala land
Gender: femme
Posts: 10,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats
You're not really arguing that she doesn't deserve it - you're arguing that people shouldn't do things like that, because it would lead to mass pie-ing. Whether or not she deserves it is always going to be a value-judgement...

Mass pie-ing... OMG thats a hilarious concept ... what a waste of pastries that would be though

  Reply With Quote
08-10-2005
  35
V.I.P.
 
Bluestar07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,577
I agree with CelineChic on this one ... that no matter how disliked a person is PETA (or a section of PETA as someone pointed out earlier) is there is no justification for assaulting a person because they are doing something which goes against your beliefs. Two wrongs don't make a right.

  Reply With Quote
08-10-2005
  36
tfs star
 
emma peel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,562
but does two pies + anna wintour= a tart?

  Reply With Quote
08-10-2005
  37
tfs star
 
Nataliaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,788
hahaha emma peel .. !

I agree with what people have been saying about doing something like that to someone just because they have different beleifs than you do.
If i went around throwing pies in everyones faces that have different opinions that me .. id be all pied out !!

But still .. I cant help but think she deserved it .. even in the slightest..

__________________
Im looking for love.Real Love.Ridiculous, Inconvenient, consuming, Cant-live-without-each other Love.
  Reply With Quote
08-10-2005
  38
V.I.P.
 
Kimkhuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,873
Celinechic, in my opinion, Anna Wintour deserves much WORSE than just a pie in a face....

First of all, I am must start off by making myself clear.... there is a CLEAR difference between eating meat and wearing fur... one is a need.... while the other is ONLY ONLY ONLY a superficial investment... I could ask a thousand fur wearers WHY they wear real fur instead of faux fur.... ...and most of the time, the reasons they'd come up to me with is because it's soft, beautiful, it's warm, it's uncomparable to faux fur..... I don't qualify that as an argument, because all they want is the luxury of real fur... ...is that enough to justify the killing of TONS of animals for a fur coat!? I believe it is not...

I do not question Peta's way of getting their message through, they do what they believe is best to showcase their cause, and believe it or not, it is working... there are tons of other animal protection organisms out there... could you name me at least 5 of them (without using an internet search engine ) just like that?! i don't think so, because not most of the time, but ALL the time, busy people do not have time to pay attention to causes which they feel is a waste of time...

People are looking for anything with shock value... that's what Peta does.. they desperately need attention for their cause, it's such a good one, and what they've done up till now is passable..... Ok so throwing a pie on someone's face is low... I AGREE. but anna Wintour is INDIRECTLY causing the killing of so many animals for stupid fur accessories/clothes... she deserves much worse than just a pie in the face... and the real purpose of it is public humiliation.... and it works..... !

At the end of the day, what does organizations like Peta really want?! they want us human beings who think we're on top of all things, to think about those poor animals' rights.... they do deserve to live their life without being killed JUST FOR THEIR FUR!!!! To be perfectly honest with you..., Peta could do MUCH WORSE and i'd still support them, because seriously how harmful is it to be thrown a pie at, or being a designer and having your runway invaded by peta people.... compared to being skinned...... and sometimes skinned ALIVE.... how horrible is that...!?

To be perfectly honest with you guys, this subject pains me so much.. it's just NOT RIGHT to kill a poor animal for your own superficial inner fur fantasies....

  Reply With Quote
08-10-2005
  39
yes
 
Acid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Gender: homme
Posts: 12,507
this thread is killing me! the worst thing of all is, where the tents are in paris, you have to walk far from your car to the tent, through the tutilleries so she would have had absolutely nowhere to rush off to, and there are a million people around

  Reply With Quote
08-10-2005
  40
fashion icon
 
CelineChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Montreal, Paris, and places in the UK
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
Celinechic, in my opinion, Anna Wintour deserves much WORSE than just a pie in a face....

First of all, I am must start off by making myself clear.... there is a CLEAR difference between eating meat and wearing fur... one is a need.... while the other is ONLY ONLY ONLY a superficial investment...

Meat is not a need. I live without it and I'm healthy and fit. Never heard of a vegetarian dying because they dont eat meat.

I'm not a vegitarian because I care about animals. I'm a vegetarian because I like to eat healthy. Most vegetarians are of healthy weight and typically have lower cholestoral than meat eaters. So in the end I don't see meat as a need.

A majority of our wardrobes are superficial investments. Not that I've seen your closets but I'm pretty sure that you could survive with half the clothing that you probably have...at least I know I could. With the money I spent on a 900$ pair of boots today I could have fed an african village for 4 days.

Most things we buy are superficial investments, do you not agree?


Anyhow, this topic has been brought up several times. No one ever comes to an agreement. I just find it odd and funny when people put importance on cute little fuzzy animals but stuff their faces with pork, beef, chicken, and lamb.


Last edited by CelineChic; 08-10-2005 at 08:29 PM.
  Reply With Quote
08-10-2005
  41
tfs star
 
emma peel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,562
the devil wears prada, wintour wears custard. THAT will probably feed HER for 4 days.

  Reply With Quote
08-10-2005
  42
V.I.P.
 
Kimkhuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineChic
A majority of our wardrobes are superficial investments. Not that I've seen your closets but I'm pretty sure that you could survive with half the clothing that you probably have...at least I know I could. With the money I spent on a 900$ pair of boots today I could have fed an african village for 4 days.

Most things we buy are superficial investments, do you not agree?
of course .. humans are superficial creatures... but does our superficiality means we can impose death to poor animals for their fur.... it's unjustified.....

there's a huge gap btwn eating animals and killing them for their fur... of course i could still live without eating meat... but tell me which is the most USELESS!?

  Reply With Quote
08-10-2005
  43
fashion icon
 
CelineChic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Montreal, Paris, and places in the UK
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
of course .. humans are superficial creatures... but does our superficiality means we can impose death to poor animals for their fur.... it's unjustified.....

there's a huge gap btwn eating animals and killing them for their fur... of course i could still live without eating meat... but tell me which is the most USELESS!?
I'm still not understanding your point. Let me get this straight for a moment. We can justify wearing leather because cows aren't poor animals?

And dont say that it's ok to wear leather because we're going to eat the cow anyway. Then it would be ok to wear rabit fur...I know people who eat rabbit.

  Reply With Quote
08-10-2005
  44
scenester
 
elysee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 78
CelineChic, kudos to you! And not only kudos, but karma!

It's unfortunate that in this day and age an organization with the public relations reach of PETA allows people to throw pies on their behalf. A childish, sad act.

And as 'evil' and 'scary' as Anna Wintour sounds like she may be in person, no one deserves that. It's like reverting back to grade school and throwing worms (or something) at the ugly kid.

Ridiculous.

At any rate, thanks CelineChic for saying some of what I was already thinking!
-E

  Reply With Quote
08-10-2005
  45
V.I.P.
 
Kimkhuu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Gender: femme
Posts: 15,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineChic
I'm still not understanding your point. Let me get this straight for a moment. We can justify wearing leather because cows aren't poor animals?

And dont say that it's ok to wear leather because we're going to eat the cow anyway. Then it would be ok to wear rabit fur...I know people who eat rabbit.
First of all, I never ever said wearing leather could be justified.... please do not pull out arguments i never even said...!

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anna, face, pie, received, wintour
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.