How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-12-2007
V.I.P.

i have a deviated septum and i'm dealing just fine with it! the doctor said i should do a surgery but i refused!! i'm still alive

04-12-2007
Fashionably Late

^

I feel like you just stood up at a support group meeting and gave us a massive confession: "My name is lonn3k3, and I have a deviated septum."

You're our little trooper!

04-12-2007
V.I.P.

haha omg your comment was so funny & sweet! now that i read what i wrote...you are sooo right that's exactly how i made it sound!! thanks for cheering me up

04-12-2007
Fashionably Late

^ No problem! We love you AND your deviated septum.

04-12-2007
V.I.P.

hrm...well my BF has a DS and he had surgery, and it didn't do a damn thing. it really can be something that affects someone a lot, making it hard to breathe, not saying that was this girls case, but it is a common medical condition....

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
04-12-2007
Fashionably Late

^ ITA. I just think that these celebs are full of beans. There are people who have deviated septums and suffer complications from it. These celebs make the issue seem like a joke. I think getting a nose job for "medical reasons" is becoming almost as popular as going to rehab for "exhaustion".

From people.com

High School Musical's Ashley Tisdale Gets Nose Job

Quote:
High School Musical star Ashley Tisdale had a rhinoplasty procedure on Friday in Los Angeles, the actress confirms to PEOPLE exclusively.

"Growing up I always knew I had a deviated septum on the right side of my nose, which caused trouble breathing," a bandaged Tisdale told PEOPLE on Monday from her Los Angeles home. "The older I got, the worse it got. I went to get it checked out, and the doctor told me the septum was 80 percent deviated and that I had two small fractures on my nose."

The recuperating 22-year-old adds: "I'm not feeling great today. It's uncomfortable and I hope this is the only time I ever have to go through something like this."

Tisdale's mother, Lisa, was by her side during the five-hour procedure. Still, Tisdale says, every step of the way "I was completely scared. I wasn't looking forward to the surgery at all. I actually had trouble sleeping for a week before."

'My Fans Are Everything to Me'

A role model for young girls, Tisdale says she's not an advocate for plastic surgery and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

"I didn't do this because I believe in plastic surgery. I did this to help my health. I literally almost could not breathe out of the right side of my nose," says Tisdale, who's openly discussing the procedure because "I want my fans to know the truth. I'm not someone who is going to act like I had nothing done. I just want to be honest because my fans are everything to me."

Tisdale is expected to fully recover by the time High School Musical 3 begins filming early next year.

04-12-2007
Fashionably Late

I think E News is reading tFS. They did an entire report tonight on stars who claimed they had deviated septums and got nose jobs. They added Jennifer Aniston to the list, who claimed this was why she got a nose job last year.

05-12-2007
tfs star

And more on the nose job trend...

Perezhilton

Quote:
Us Weekly reports that Scarlett Johansson has had plastic surgery, a claim the actress vehemently denies.
ScarJo is very upset and threatening legal action.
Her publicist tells competing mag, OK!:
Us Weekly’s [new] cover story regarding Scarlett Johansson and its clear implication that she has had plastic or cosmetic surgery on her nose is an outrageous and defamatory fabrication lacking any conceivable basis or proof, despite vehement denials by Ms. Johansson prior to publication. Not surprisingly, US magazine cannot provide the dates when she supposedly had this surgery, who performed the surgery, or what was supposedly done — all because there simply is no truth to the story. The publication made a pathetic attempt to validate its story by using two cover photos of Scarlett that were taken years apart with obviously different make-up and lighting, and then relying on an “expert’s opinion” (based solely on looking at the two photos) on what “might” have been done. It wasn’t.”

Johansson herself says, “I have always been straightforward with the press regarding my body image and I am very concerned that my fans (and perhaps even my employers) will feel mislead. Thus, I feel compelled to take immediate legal action against US Weekly.”

Wow.

That’s one of the strongest-worded statements we’ve ever read. Scarlett is pissed! (perezhilton.com)
I look at this cover and really, don't see a difference in the pictures of Scarlett. I mean, she was quite a bit younger in the first one. I also think like she said in her statement, she has never been one to shy away from talking about her body and how she's proud of it. I'll be interested to see what comes of this and if she does sue.

I bet Tisadale is pissed she's not getting any covers. ha.

Last edited by smith1016; 05-12-2007 at 12:26 AM.
05-12-2007
Fashionably Late

^ I agree about Scarlett. In the first pic, she is much younger. I remember when I went away college. I lost a ton of weight my 1st semester and came back home at Christmas. My dad swore up and down that I had a nose job. I was like, "Um, yeah. Where would a poor college kid get the finances to do that one, dad?" Anyway, the point is that maturity and weight fluctuations can definitely change the shape of certain features. It wouldn't remove a massive bump or anything like that, but for what US Weekly is claiming about Scarlett, I would say age is the #1 factor.

05-12-2007
windowshopping

I have a deviated septum and i've hated my nose because of it. I got it from my mother but it's not as severe as hers. It's funny though (and odd)..when I look in the mirror, I don't see a crooked nose but when I take pictures it's REALLY obvious and i'm wondering why i can't see it in the mirror! Am i just deluded ? ;(

05-12-2007
Meg
inspired contemplation

I have the same issue but more with my body! I'm like in the mirror I look at a lot....smaller.

Anyway I don't understand what a deviated septum is entirely....I know what the septum is but is it when it just splits from some bone or ?

Last edited by Meg; 05-12-2007 at 11:32 PM.
05-12-2007
catch me if you can

Here is the link to what a deviated septum actually is from wikipedia.com: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deviated_septum.

Meg
inspired contemplation

ah thanks! yes my dad had surgery for that because he had broken his nose several times when he was younger and as he got older with his allergies it was quite difficult to breathe.......

06-12-2007
doldrums

A deviated septum...it's the new celebrity excuse.

06-12-2007
Fashionably Late

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Sil View Post
I have a deviated septum and i've hated my nose because of it. I got it from my mother but it's not as severe as hers. It's funny though (and odd)..when I look in the mirror, I don't see a crooked nose but when I take pictures it's REALLY obvious and i'm wondering why i can't see it in the mirror! Am i just deluded ? ;(
I think we all over analyze pictures of ourselves. I find flaws I never knew I had...ridiculous flaws, such as my lip being higher on one side when I smile. I am sure you look fabulous, dahling!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
deviated septum, star