How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-12-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I have the same issue but more with my body! I'm like in the mirror I look at a lot....smaller.

Anyway I don't understand what a deviated septum is entirely....I know what the septum is but is it when it just splits from some bone or ?

I have this body issue as well, everytime I look at a picture I'm surprised.

10-12-2007
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Sil View Post
I have a deviated septum and i've hated my nose because of it. I got it from my mother but it's not as severe as hers. It's funny though (and odd)..when I look in the mirror, I don't see a crooked nose but when I take pictures it's REALLY obvious and i'm wondering why i can't see it in the mirror! Am i just deluded ? ;(
an explanation...?

i have a thing with my jaw (complicated) and i cant see it when i look in the mirror either. i think its because you get used to seeing the same face all your life from the same angle and position and your brain makes it familiar and sees it how it wants to, not tricks your eyes really, but its something to do with seeing the same images/faces over and over and your brain recognises it and you dont see anything properly. kind of like how its sometimes really difficult to describe how your own parents look, or if you think someone looks odd or has interesting features when you first meet them and years later after seeing them all the time you dont even notice, because you arent seeing them anymore but just having that familiar-face-recognition thing working .. its all sciencey brain stuff i think.

in pictures or in video tape, mine is heaps obvious. its because a photograph is seen from a flipped viewpoint as to your mirror. so in photos nobody else will notice because they have the same thing as when you look in the mirror, but if someone looks in the mirror with you they'll see your face flipped backwards to them and they might notice it.
thats what happens to me anyway!

but truthfully your nose is probably not at all noticeable to anyone but you anyway.... but just saying you're not crazy!

10-12-2007
windowshopping

So wait..(it's late so forgive me lol). When I see myself in photographs, it's how everyone views me in person? And when I look in the mirror, I could see a straight (somewhat anyways) nose but the person looking with me will see the deviated version?

My goodness this is complicated! What does the "real" me look like? lol

10-12-2007
windowshopping

O just throwin this in...my friend has a crooked mouth. When I see pictures of her, it's really obvious but when I look at her face to face i don't really notice it. Also, when she's looking in the mirror and I stand behind her..i can really notice the crookedness. So if the picture image is what peopel see of us, then why can't i see her mouth teh way it is in pictures when i see her in person? :/

I dunno about you, but this making my head spin.

11-12-2007
vogue

I'm thinking of getting a "deviated septum" fixed, but it's like one year recovery and 8,000 USD?

15-12-2007
Fashionably Late

Here is the new nose....

source: perezhilton.com

Quote:
Ashley Tisdale debuted her new nose on Friday at the Z100 Jingle Ball in NYC on Monday night.
The Tiz got a nose job last week because of a “deviated septum,” she claims.

Thoughts on the new nose????

15-12-2007
Fashionably Late

Some more on the subject and a better pic of Ashley's new nose:
http://www.tmz.com/2007/12/15/ashley...ce-not-spited/

15-12-2007
Meg
inspired contemplation

actually the 'before' pic on tmz kind of shows that she does have a deviated septum. I'm not sure if it's just the way she is smiling but it looks like the bulb of her nose and her right nostril are sort of angled. Or am I just seeing things?

15-12-2007
Fashionably Late

^ No, I think you're right...I kind of believe her story now! I actually think her new nose looks good though- not too much different from her real one to the point where she is no longer recognizable.

16-12-2007
front row

She looks like melissa rivers now. Downgrade. If she really breathes better now then good for her but honestly, my favorite thing about her face was her old nose. I don't understand the appeal of the upturned, flatter pig nose.
also, one of my friends got the surgery to correct her deviated septum but her nose didn't look one thing different.

Last edited by cocomonkey4; 16-12-2007 at 10:09 AM.
16-12-2007
front row

Hahaha for these celebrities, I would love to see the pre-surgery x-rays. I've never liked Ashley Tisdale for no apparent reason really. The slightest hint of her lying about her reason for surgery just adds to it haha.

vogue

Some people pair deviated septum correction with rhinoplasty. It's sort of like 'Well now that we're here...'

16-12-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
actually the 'before' pic on tmz kind of shows that she does have a deviated septum. I'm not sure if it's just the way she is smiling but it looks like the bulb of her nose and her right nostril are sort of angled. Or am I just seeing things?

Maybe she did have a deviated septum...but she's still an attention whore....issuing a statement about her surgery, cancelling some concert she was supposed to sing at because of being in too much pain. I wish her and her new nose would go away.

16-12-2007
Fashionably Late

^ Cancelling the tour was a bit irresponsible as a performer. It her JOB to show up at these events, and she really should not have scheduled a surgery during a time when she would have time to recover. I am sure that the cancellation of a performance by both her and her nose disappointed a lot of fans.

16-12-2007
tfs star

^I know. I babysit some girls who LOVE her. I don't tell them how annoying I think she is

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
deviated septum, star