How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-01-2005
within an embrace

I saw a clip of her performance. She was absolutely atrociously terrible. I can never understand (well, I can, I just wish it weren't true, it's all about economics and profits, baby.) why people like Ashlee (who clearly clearly can't sing) are getting contracts when great unsigned artists (see Sara Bareilles) or other singers in University choirs, etc, don't get them, but these people are naturally talented to the point to where they can perform a cappella and stay on key with perfectly lovely music. Ugggh. I think she deserved to be booed - she has some of the worst showmanship ever (as demonstrated in the SNL gaffe), not to mention that her "singing" is just digitally done so she SOUNDS good on a CD.

and meoxmix, how much do I agree with you about how suddenly the religious issue went "poof" after the money came in...

07-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
joe simpson IS creepy... i love how they used to be this supposedly religious family but ever since jessica hit it big the whole religious thing just went POOF!... and how he used to be some minister and now he's like pimping his daughters
i don't feel bad for ashlee at all...she's not an artist, musician or singer... she's just a little girl who's taking full advantage of her sister's fame and connections but has absolutely NO talent. she's not even cute or entertaining.
thanks for refreshing my memory. i seriously thought I had dreamt up the religious thing because there is no mention of it what so ever now.

07-01-2005
scenester

She's really not talented and tries too hard on stage. Iam surprised her mtv show is back for 2nd season

07-01-2005
V.I.P.

As much as I do feel pity for her on a human level, this is a small step for the music industry. Does anyone have a link to the video by the way? Thanks.

07-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplelucrezia
As much as I do feel pity for her on a human level, this is a small step for the music industry. Does anyone have a link to the video by the way? Thanks.
google it i did. it will come up

07-01-2005
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

She's such a bad singer

07-01-2005
front row

Serves her right. True, a good number of singers fake it, but she made the mistake of showing it to everyone.

07-01-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybz
google it i did. it will come up
Dumb me, thanks...
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2662083?htv=12
For anyone else who was looking.

Last edited by purplelucrezia; 07-01-2005 at 01:58 AM.
07-01-2005
Proponent of Plaid

Quote:
Agreed--I feel bad for her as a person--she's been through some hellish embarrasment recently, but I feel rather scornful about her talents, as she is an awful singer and an even worse dancer. The poor girl should give it up, get an education, and do something else that she could have a reasonable degree of success with. Her sister's merely a mediocre singer, and she's quite terrible. I think Jessica Simpson only started getting famous after acting like a dingbat on national television. I'd heard the name a few times, in conjunction with Mandy Moor a few years ago, but it wasn't until "The Newlyweds" that I heard much of anything about her, and since that show came out, you can't get rid of the girl.

Both of 'em annoy the piss out of me, and their dad needs to get a life and quit riding on the momentum of his daughters' dubious talents. One's famous for being a dumbass and the other is famous for being a sham. Whatta family.

07-01-2005
V.I.P.

Nicely said, as usual.

07-01-2005
tfs star

sistas
jessica has a bit more to offer.

07-01-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady grey
jessica has a bit more to offer.
Physically?

07-01-2005
front row

I just saw the video (thanks for the link!). She did sound terrible. There was a point there when I actually felt sorry for her (like purple and ayli), and I personally felt bad over what I just said. On the other hand, she is a singer, Ashlee should sound good at the very least. Even that she can't do. And I'm not going to cut her any slack for doing something unacceptable.

Last edited by steeltoe; 07-01-2005 at 02:19 AM.
07-01-2005
tfs star

mebbe
Quote:
Physically?
I like 2 jessica songs & only one by ash.

07-01-2005
V.I.P.

*applause* for as youlike it... well said well said

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ashlee, booed, simpson, stage