How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-04-2006
fashion icon

Baby Spears gets hurt/ Child welfare investigates
I figure that these two articles are related.

Child welfare agents pay visit to Britney Spears

http://ca.entertainment.yahoo.com/ma...mGJ9h3TtyxJ5Gt.

Britney tot's broken skull

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006160831,00.html

Quote:
Worried Britney, 24, rushed him to hospital when she noticed Sean seemed ill and was sleeping more than usual
What the f*ck kind of parent is she?!?!?!?!?!

11-04-2006
flaunt the imperfection

according to the NEWS...
the baby fell while in the nanny's care...and was taken to the hospital for treatment...
it is standard to send child services to visit anytime an infant or toddler suffers a serious injury...so someone paid a visit a few days after the hospital visit...

that is the story...

in case anyone is interested in anything other than idle gossip...

11-04-2006
fashion icon

where's your source?

11-04-2006

broken skull?
and they didnt notice for days?

rising star

i think it's fractured skull and SPF fell from his high chair. this is according to the magazine star. i don't know how true it is but i know those weekly celebrity gossip magazines can be extremely misleading.

11-04-2006
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineChic
where's your source?
WNBC network television ...and it is corrroborated by the article in the sun which you posted....
it says 'minor fracture' and it says
Quote:
Seven-month-old Sean hit his head after tumbling from a high chair while with a nanny in the singer’s kitchen in Malibu, California.
Worried Britney, 24, rushed him to hospital when she noticed Sean seemed ill and was sleeping more than usual.
Police later made a routine call at her home because the tot had been to hospital and she told officers what had happened.
Britney was also questioned by the Los Angeles Department of Children and Family Services, who are always alerted when a child is taken to hospital.
i just hope the baby's going to be ok...

Last edited by softgrey; 11-04-2006 at 11:04 PM.
11-04-2006
still here

from people.com

Quote:
Britney Spears's six-month-old son, Sean Preston, fell and hit his head on Saturday, April 1, at the Malibu home the pop star shares with husband Kevin Federline, a source close to Spears tells PEOPLE.

While the baby's nanny was lifting him from his high chair, something snapped in the chair and Sean Preston slipped from her arms and fell to the floor, bruising his head.

A doctor came to the house that day and examined the child; he seemed fine.

But six days later, Spears and Federline became concerned and took Sean Preston to the hospital emergency room to have him checked out, the source adds. No serious problems were found.

Spears, Federline and their son are back home and doing fine now, a second source tells PEOPLE.

After the hospital visit, child welfare officials visited Spears's home accompanied by a sheriff's deputy.

"The Department of Children and Family Services called us on Saturday (April 8) and asked us to accompany them to the home of Mrs. Spears for their visit," Los Angeles County Sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Debra Glafkides tells PEOPLE. "It's very routine and common for us to accompany them."

According to Glafkides, the visit lasted about half an hour and no police report was filed.

The Sheriff's Department could not release any further information, and the Department of Children and Family Services generally does not comment on cases due to confidentiality laws.

"While there was an automatic report by the hospital to the Department of Children and Family Services, DCFS immediately responded and determined there was no problem and no reason to open a formal investigation," Spears's attorney Marty Singer tells PEOPLE. "They determined that the parents were not involved in any injury and that nothing improper was done within the home."

12-04-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
What the f*ck kind of parent is she?!?!?!?!?!
I dunno, seems like she's doing all she can....it's a good thing she was monitoring Sean after his head injury.

backstage pass

I'm going to be judgemental and wonder why they have a nanny when they have one child and Kevin doesn't work. Though to be fair, if it were my baby, and I was the breadwinner, I'd rather have a nanny in charge than K-Fed.

I was all over Britney for the car driving incident, but if the report that they had a doctor out that day is true, I feel badly for her and don't think she did anything wrong. I've taken care of a lot of babies and babies are extremely wriggly, they fall, they throw themselves backwards, they're all over the place every second, faster than you can imagine. Even the most protective, careful, watchful mother (or nanny) is going to have an experience where the child falls/stands up under something/gets fingers horribly caught. It's a shame it was so severe, and I hope there's no lasting damage, but unlike the driving incident, I don't think it's necessarily a sign of being a bad mother.

fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VainJane
I dunno, seems like she's doing all she can....it's a good thing she was monitoring Sean after his head injury.

Bringing the baby to the hospital days later doesn't seem like good parenting to me.

Maybe they were pre-occupied making lousy records and smoking pot while being deliciously white trash .

12-04-2006
backstage pass

I'd agree with you if they did nothing until days later, and then rushed to the hospital. But it looks like they had a doctor out right away, and were told everything was fine. Unfortunately most people have a very sad "doctors can do no wrong and know everything" mindset, and it gets them (and their kids) in big trouble. I'm just glad they were cognizant enough to eventually realize, hey, maybe everything isn't fine. Most people never do, and then when their loved one dies, they're all horrified that doctors aren't gods.

V.I.P.

I feel sorry in a way for the nany she must feel so guilty .. i know i would if i was her.IM sure she didnt mean to drop him .. i hope anyways

12-04-2006
Deep Red Bells

I don't like Britney at all...
but I really do feel for her.
Every mom makes mistakes but could you imagine if everyone of your mistakes was in UsWeekly, People, etc?

12-04-2006
fashion insider

how unfortunate for britney's baby. i hope he's recovering okay although it sounds like a horribly accidental fall.
i have a 2yr old and 5mth old-all it takes is for me to turn my back for two seconds and something as dreadful can happen. i don't even want to think about it.

12-04-2006
V.I.P.

oh the poor kiddie, i hope he's okay. being a first time mother in itself is so overwhelming but to find out your baby's head is fractured must be terrifying.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
baby, child, hurt or, investigates, spears, welfare