How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-03-2010
V.I.P.

if it s not Nicola and not Ppr who is it then??

05-03-2010
fashion insider

The only thing I can think about is Balenciaga bieng pissed off with VP's close ties to certain brands i.e. Balmain

Maybe something was uncovered that made Balenciaga not longer want to work with them. It has to be something that serious

Last edited by retailqueen; 05-03-2010 at 09:00 AM.
05-03-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by retailqueen View Post
The only thing I can think about is Balenciaga bieng pissed off with VP's cllose ties to certain brands i.e. Balmain

Maybe something was uncovered that made Balenciaga not longer want to work with them. It has to be something as serious as that.
I think so

05-03-2010
fashion insider

^ That would make sense, it's all very peculiar though!

05-03-2010
rising star

To be honest..... I'm glad Vogue Paris sticks to Balmain. It just all makes sense.

05-03-2010
®

oh wow, this got me curious! i wonder what happened..

V.I.P.

Balenciaga clothes used to appear in every issue of VP at least once, so they can't complain about not getting enough coverage.

I can imagine it has do with Carine's and Emanuelle's (sometimes shameless, I have to say) favouritism..Givenchy, Balmain...

Or as some suggested with M.A. Sauve, I also found the photographer change from Sims to Meisel some time ago very remarkable.

In both cases I think it's kind of unprofessional to blacklist the magazine entirely? It's one of the top fashion magazines around

05-03-2010
Some Like It Hot

its surprising, maybe its management more than Nicholas,
it wouldn't be PPR because they own Gucci and they would of blacklisted them from Gucci in milan aswell
it must be Balenciaga Management and i suspect its something to do with M.A. Sauve aswell

V.I.P.

yes it's not PPR as they own Gucci and that's styled by Emanuelle Alt so that wouldn't make sense...looks like the decision was taken on the level of the brand self

05-03-2010
fashion icon

i, like some others also suspect the involvement of MA sauve...i dont know, it is a gut feeling. and perhaps something did got uncovered.
hopefully it is not something personal towards carine or emmanuelle. maybe it is something bigger than them two, something more corporate perhaps

05-03-2010
Amour Comme Hiver

If it's true, I can't imagine this being a wise PR move on Balenciaga's part. Vogue Paris is no doubt the most respected Vogue (at the very least it's tied with Vogue Italia for the title), and I think that overall, it's readership (especially internationally) is likelier to buy Balenciaga- everyone I know that takes the time to scavenge for a month old issue of Vogue Paris at Barnes and Noble is much more aware of high fashion than your average Vogue US reader, who is likely to be the type that thinks high fashion models are ugly, the styling is crazy, and Dooney and Bourke is high class. It definitely holds more weight internationally than any other edition, save Italia.

05-03-2010
V.I.P.

^ Couldn't have put it better myself. This is what I should have said in my other post. I've always thought VP was very supportive of Nicholas.

Quote:
Gucci and that's styled by Emanuelle Alt
Mind blown. Really? But it's such a label. This is the first season it's been any good under Frida.

05-03-2010
Stitch:the Hand

well if what you guys say is true,as i haven't looked at VP in a couple years,regarding a lack of reliability in VP,perhaps there is something to that. but it seems a very extreme decision to all-out black list a magazine,imo. i mean no matter how much animosity(or alleged) one has for a publication or editor specifically,they are still press afterall. and they still do reportages on their web site and such.

05-03-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

it doesn't have anything to do with vogue paris having other favorite brands or else many other editions of vogue (not to mention every other major fashion rag) would find itself on the outs. i hope this gets resolved soon because this hurts the brand image of the house of balenciaga -- ghesquiere has made this a house that (at least, in appearance) rises above all of this petty fashion world stuff.

windowshopping

Someone said some interesting things at The Cut:

Quote:
Nicolas ghesquiere banned her because he wants to break away from the whole corrupt system of french vogue. Carine and her team are notoriously selling their 'style' as secret consultancy arranged (in the back of Conde Nast) to many houses and advertisers (Givenchy, Balmain, Marant, Gaultier, max mara, the list is endless) even though they are officially not supposed to that ghesquiere decided something had to be done to stop this system.

Condenast is officially banning them to do so. french CN ceo even went on french tv to pretend this was not happening at VP. all consultancies are labelled through the assistants; the same shoots are used to do settings for the magazine as well as ad campaign (hello inez!, hello emmanuelle!, hello daria!) that morroco story in feb issue was the backdrop to both marant and balmain campaigns, models are the same - so i really think this goes beyond bread and butter. it is corruption, conflict of interests, shameful

By Connoisseur

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
balenciaga, blacklists, paris, vogue