How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-03-2010
V.I.P.

^ I'm not surprised at all and if this is the real reason for Balenciaga banning them, I think it;s a very strong statement and I'm glad someone is making the statement.

Because there's a whole lot of conflicted interests going on at VP

05-03-2010
Wanderlust

I love Carine and company, but that does sound like a very corrupt system . Very good I guess !

05-03-2010
V.I.P.

I'm more inclined to believe that last quote.. it just makes so much sense.
and then, I gotta say, someone applauded Carine's comment but I just found it kind of low, if Balenciaga is not making any open statement about their relationship with VP, why not keep it diplomatic from her side too? the 'we're blacklisted' comment not only sounds like her gigantic ego was hurt but also like she wants to pass on the blame and victimise her team (or herself). anyway..

V.I.P.

It's really fun to read this thing on The Cut, coz I definitely remember the CEO of Condé Nast telling that none of his editors was doing consulting, and I laughed in front of that phrase (it was in a tv documentary about fashion and models, with Babeth Djian among others) ...
BUT I also remember the same CEO during the Vogue Night saying the opposite ...

But yes the editors are indeed forbidden to consult for the brands !

If Nicholas did that, it's indeed smart ...
But why the hell didn't he do it before ??
MA Sauvé's worked for Vogue Paris for approx. 20 yrs ... !!! And she's been working with Carine for like ... almost 10 years ... So I'm sorry but this is .... odd !

But I've heard the girls at the head of VP weren't the nicest ones ...
Anybody remember Ludivine Poiblanc ? and why she left ???
girls fight ... I swear !

Last edited by BerlinRocks; 05-03-2010 at 02:20 PM.
05-03-2010
fashion insider

^ I agree Mullet, that quote just hits the nail about everything, it was just so obvious, but nobody had said anything about it until now.

05-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post

If Nicholas did that, it's indeed smart ...
But why the hell didn't he do it before ??
I wondered that too, but at the same time people try to remain diplomatic....
I think the conflict of interests at VP as I'd like to refer to it, is just going on because people either don't notice it or don't bring it up..and it just continues...

(Not to change the subject but where would Balmain be if it wasn't for Emanuelle Alt...? Same for Isabel Marant..And of course, in the end this is competition for Balenciaga as well, and a bit of unfair competition too)

Last edited by style_expert; 05-03-2010 at 02:25 PM.
05-03-2010
V.I.P.

^I was actually to correct my post ...
but I'll do it there ...

one thing, I forgot ... MA Sauvé was a freelance or something at VP ... I'm not sure, but if I remember correctly, I think she was ...

so in the end this last information might be the truth ...

05-03-2010
Stitch:the Hand

but you know what though,it happens with so many in the conde nastie world not just VP. and it's been going on for so long. it's not as if it's some colossal secret. what i want to know is why now are they suddenly reacting and wanting it to stop? that too seems a bit suspicious. and why only VP and not American Vogue? they do it there as well...i'm just saying

05-03-2010
backstage pass

^ its still very unclear rather its or not the reason for the blacklist, time will tell.

05-03-2010
Stitch:the Hand

^yes. if that is indeed to be the truth.

05-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
but you know what though,it happens with so many in the conde nastie world not just VP. and it's been going on for so long. it's not as if it's some colossal secret. what i want to know is why now are they suddenly reacting and wanting it to stop? that too seems a bit suspicious. and why only VP and not American Vogue? they do it there as well...i'm just saying
I agree, but isn't VP doing it a very obvious way?
I mean, I haven't seen Grace Coddington styling a runway show or campaign for a designer and then using the exact same clothes for the magazine, shooting with the exact same photographer and model on the same location...or did I miss an episode?

In the end, fashion is a business and yes, deals are being made, some shadier than others.

and yes we don't even really know if this is the reason of the ban

05-03-2010
V.I.P.

that story that they don t do counsulting is total BS it s pretty obvious to anybody and they re mama that they do it and they favour a lot of other designers mostly Balmain.

05-03-2010
fashion insider

Looks like I was close. There is alot f favoritism and money making by the VP team. Something isn't right.
Wonder if this whole ordeal will have bigger repercussions...
thanks for posting that.

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
and why only VP and not American Vogue? they do it there as well...i'm just saying
VP's tactics are FAR more blatant and provocative. I love Carine and her entourage but the internal workings are not only obvious in every issue of VP, it demonstrates itself during every Paris FW (Yesterday & today in particular *cough*).

05-03-2010
trendsetter

Balenciaga doesn't need VP. The day Balenciaga blacklists American Vogue is the day Balenciaga will fail; the power Wintour has alone is equal to the other Vogue editor-in-chiefs combined. You can feel this by Carine's statements. She's more hurt about it than any one else. But she's having a little ego trip.

This is one of the juiciest dramas in fashion currently, so I'm having a guilty pleasure of wanting to know every single detail. Haha.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
balenciaga, blacklists, paris, vogue