How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-03-2010
V.I.P.

^ I agree...let's just say Balenciaga has MA Sauve, who is arguably the number one stylist in the world at the moment, working for Vogue US and Italia, and now a lot with Meisel...and they still have Wintour indeed

05-03-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by style_expert View Post
^ I agree...let's just say Balenciaga has MA Sauve, who is arguably the number one stylist in the world at the moment, working for Vogue US and Italia, and now a lot with Meisel...and they still have Wintour indeed
Yup, and The Wintour Team loves them some Balenciaga.

She'll gladly take the mess Carine is leaving.

Oh, and Balenciaga is very strict with their runway shows, so good luck to the VP team trying to get in good terms with them. They'll probably have more luck getting into the Oscars this Sunday.

05-03-2010
fashion elite

I get that a fashionjournalist gets banned from a show and publicly talks about it , but why would a powerful editor talk about it?It could ruin the image of her magazine?

05-03-2010
V.I.P.

^ I know...then again she was asked why she wasnt at balenciaga (which is for most fashion editors one of the most important shows in paris) so I guess she had to tell the truth

05-03-2010
trendsetter

And it wasn't just her that was missing, it was the entire VP Team, so of course gossip was probably piling up. I mean, when Wintour misses out on a show, a representative is usually there in her place but no one questions why she missed it; most likely reason may be because she already saw the entire collection before hand, probably one of the few people who actually does so, so no suspicions there. The VP Team is notorious for having the "all of us or die" attitude. When was the last time you saw Alt without Roitfeld? Haha.

05-03-2010
V.I.P.

^^ Did she really have to, though?. She could've said something more.. cryptic, I don't know, I find it weird that she said they're blacklisted, that Balenciaga doesn't lend clothes, that they don't advertise in the magazine and finally, when asked why, she replies with an innocent 'ask them'.. let it out, viper, you know you want to.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
^^ Did she really have to, though?. She could've said something more.. cryptic, I don't know, I find it weird that she said they're blacklisted, that Balenciaga doesn't lend clothes, that they don't advertise in the magazine and finally, when asked why, she replies with an innocent 'ask them'.. let it out, viper, you know you want to.
Oh absolutely! She could have been much more subtle...

Or she could have made up the VP Paris team had to prepare the Balmain show (which took place a few hours after Balenciaga) it'd have been a believable excuse considering the major involvement of the magazine in Balmain

Last edited by style_expert; 05-03-2010 at 04:46 PM.
05-03-2010
trendsetter

Quote:

She probably thought she was Wintour for a moment and could get away with being snarky.

05-03-2010
clever ain't wise

Quote:
It's interesting that she made a show of this...but then...it seems it's really the American Fashion journalists who are discrete in the extreme...

05-03-2010
God Save McQueen

Quote:
I'm more inclined to believe that last quote.. it just makes so much sense.
and then, I gotta say, someone applauded Carine's comment but I just found it kind of low, if Balenciaga is not making any open statement about their relationship with VP, why not keep it diplomatic from her side too? the 'we're blacklisted' comment not only sounds like her gigantic ego was hurt but also like she wants to pass on the blame and victimise her team (or herself). anyway..
I totally agree. This has been going on for months and no one noticed until she opened her mouth. Its obvious she said it for some sort of self-gratification.

I am also inclined to believe it has to do with VP's corruptness. The VP aesthetic has really been dominating in a lot of collections lately and it really has to do with the fact that the VP has been working with these houses and promoting the hell out of them in their magazine and on their bodies. Its getting boring and maybe this will be the kick in the a$$ they need.

05-03-2010
Some Like It Hot

no one is ever happy, if someone doesn't tell enough detail then they're being coy, if like carine she told too much apart from why they're blacklisted were all saying she's risking the magazine
I'm not one of these people who jumps to the defense of people in these threads but come on for god sakes

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
no one is ever happy, if someone doesn't tell enough detail then they're being coy, if like carine she told too much apart from why they're blacklisted were all saying she's risking the magazine
My sentiments exactly.

And its Paris Fashion Week, Roitfeld and Alt are like rockstars during it, so her remark and ego trip is somewhat justified...:p

It kills me how people describe how much power Anna has, even if its true. After seeing "The September Issue" my long-term dislike for her was made even stronger.

05-03-2010
backstage pass

for me, VP make it o break it... so to bad for Balenciaga, this news had to pop out to make everydoby notice that the brand has not appeared for months on the magazine!

05-03-2010
daisy in my lazy eye

Wow this sounds like the perfect reality soap opera, in all honesty it's more interesting than the fashion weeks so far. VP's tactics had become so blatant that the story had to come out rather sooner than later. I guess this is a call for amendment? I found an overview on a blog of the power relationships and how it all leads back to VP and Vogue US being posed opposite each other. It's almost legendary.

(fashion uncovered blogspot)

05-03-2010
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade View Post
I totally agree. This has been going on for months and no one noticed until she opened her mouth. Its obvious she said it for some sort of self-gratification.

I am also inclined to believe it has to do with VP's corruptness. The VP aesthetic has really been dominating in a lot of collections lately and it really has to do with the fact that the VP has been working with these houses and promoting the hell out of them in their magazine and on their bodies. Its getting boring and maybe this will be the kick in the a$$ they need.
I agree that VP maybe has been a little too suggestive in it's use of Balmain, but I think we're all forgetting that A. this goes on all over the industry, and also at US Vogue and that B. we are running with a rumor that was posted in the comments section of a blog.

In almost all of MA's shoots for US and Italian Vogue, there are Balenciaga pieces. Her most recent shoot for the March issue of US Vogue features a TON of Chloe, the campaigns of which she has styled for at least the past 2 seasons.

I think we are jumping to a scandalous conclusion and giving MA credit for being some sort of whistleblower. Other labels she works for continue to advertise in VP, as do other PPR labels...if it were truly an issue I think it would be more than just Balenciaga reacting.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
balenciaga, blacklists, paris, vogue