How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-08-2011
backstage pass

awww im so happy for them!i wish Them happines.
the only thing i dont like about it, is that i hoped i get to see her live,but i'm quite sure now that she won't tour with '4'.

29-08-2011
V.I.P.

Aww Congrats to them!!!

I love that she is one of the FEW celebs who really have a handle on their privacy, had she not told the world I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't know until she was much further along

Quote:
Originally Posted by franki View Post
i don't think there was anything tacky about it. beyonce has always relentlessly protected her private life and controlled her image (you can see her consult with a lady i assume is a manager/publicist first), and i see no problem in wanting to be in control of the timing of her pregnancy announcement. thats more special than some tabloids or blogs writing about it after she performed and showed some hints of a belly..

i just wish he was there with her
I agree, people on the radio keep saying it was a bad way to tell everyone, but I think she wanted to control the situation than have people creating more rumors and buzz about it.

29-08-2011
trendsetter

i think it was a cute way to announce it! she is SO private about her life, even after 3 years we didn't get to see at least one wedding pic and mostly likely never will. a woman cannot hide a pregnangcy at a certain point and i just felt like they were so happy about it and wanted to share it with the world.

there are so many beyonce haters out there, i really don't understand how you can hate on that woman, she is beautiful inside out

29-08-2011
V.I.P.

Congrats! She's a great girl with loads of talent, ambition and drive. I like the fact that, not in the first year of their marriage, there's a baby. She really seems to have given it thought and I doubt it was a surprise for them.

29-08-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Congrats to both of them. I just hope the baby looks nothing like Jay-Z, otherwise, poor child.

I do think it was a tacky way to announce it though.
How is it tacky? She showed it without saying "HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK I'M PREGNANT!!".

That was just such a sweet way.

29-08-2011
fashion icon

Congratulations to Bee and Jay-Z! I'm so happy for them.

And her performance at VMAs was so wonderful, especially at the last part she dropped the microphone and touched her stomach, so sweet.

29-08-2011
V.I.P.

I am so happy for them! I wish them all the best.

29-08-2011
don't look down

What's the point of being a superstar if you can't make your announcements on a grand scale and upstage everyone else in the place...

29-08-2011
In Bloom

^Word.

we were in love

29-08-2011
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Congrats to both of them. I just hope the baby looks nothing like Jay-Z, otherwise, poor child.

I do think it was a tacky way to announce it though.
I agree with everything you said:
Congrats to them
Hopefully no Jay-Z resemblance
Tacky attention-whoring way to announce it

29-08-2011
front row

I guess they'll have an illuminati baby then, LOL! Haha, I'm just kidding, congrats to them!

29-08-2011
V.I.P.

i cant believe she did that at the vmas. talk about taking center stage.

it wasn t her moment to shine, she should ve let the winners have their night and announce it after.

i just hate that everything is so studied with her.

29-08-2011
fashion insider

Good for her! I hope she'll be out of action taking care of the little one for the next decade.

29-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiqary View Post
How is it tacky? She showed it without saying "HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK I'M PREGNANT!!".

That was just such a sweet way.
Are you serious? That's EXACTLY what she said, in slightly different words. That's fine if you don't think her announcement was tacky, but she wanted all the attention at the VMA to be at her and her 'pregnancy'. Who goes on the red carpet and starts rubbing their bellies for the big 'reveal'? Attention whores. Who starts a performance by talking about the "love that's inside them"? Attention whores. Who ends a performance with another belly rub for a good measure? Attention whores.

I love how the only rebuttal is that 'she wanted to be in control'. As if the only way to be in control of your pregnancy is to shove it down everyone's throat on a night that had little to do with her. She could be in control by quietly releasing a statement to a publication like People and be done with it. No, this was planned to bring Bey as much attention and press time as possible. And she succeeded. But classy it was not.

29-08-2011
backstage pass

^its the only rebutal because its the most plausable. just like your only rebutal is that its 'attention whore-ish'. she would have gotten attention no matter how she did it. if she had released a statement like people, their sales/online readership would go through the roof so why should she support that? she wouldn't release a statement to people because i think that is against everything she has ever stood for. i think its so much tackier to go to a tabloid mag to announce it, when she can just do it live, make no money off it, and doesn't help tabloid mags make money off it.

and it was the VMAs, not someone's individual hall of fame induction or something

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
baby, beyonce, birth, gave, girl, pregnant, update