How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franki View Post
she wouldn't release a statement to people because i think that is against everything she has ever stood for.
Oh okay then.

29-08-2011
backstage pass

you can laugh all you want, doesn't make it any less true that they are a private couple. yes they are both very 'out there' in terms of their careers, but that is a different thing.

29-08-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Are you serious? That's EXACTLY what she said, in slightly different words. That's fine if you don't think her announcement was tacky, but she wanted all the attention at the VMA to be at her and her 'pregnancy'. Who goes on the red carpet and starts rubbing their bellies for the big 'reveal'? Attention whores. Who starts a performance by talking about the "love that's inside them"? Attention whores. Who ends a performance with another belly rub for a good measure? Attention whores.

I love how the only rebuttal is that 'she wanted to be in control'. As if the only way to be in control of your pregnancy is to shove it down everyone's throat on a night that had little to do with her. She could be in control by quietly releasing a statement to a publication like People and be done with it. No, this was planned to bring Bey as much attention and press time as possible. And she succeeded. But classy it was not.
Omg, you're pressed as hell.

You can't blame her for getting excited and wanting to share with the public about the pregnancy. She have always been a private person, you calling her an attention whore is so laughable. If she really was an attention whore, I bet she would grace the cover of some magazine and with quote "I'M PREGNANT!" written on it when she already found out that she is pregnant and she would have start wearing dresses that really shows her baby bump now and then and just keep flaunting every second even when she went out of a car heading to a red carpet which she didn't. She just did a simple gesture with her hands on her belly for a few seconds and all the haters are mad. The power of Beyonce.

Last edited by fiqary; 29-08-2011 at 11:04 PM.

29-08-2011
V.I.P.

^thank you!

I think people would be more mad if she had pimped her pregnancy out to People or Hello Magazine for a price like a Kardashian or some other B-List celeb. Calling her an attention whore is laughable indeed. She's the furthest thing from it

29-08-2011
backstage pass

^^ thank you both!

on another note i am so excited to see how cute this little baby will be. unfortunately i don't think we will get too many pics. i imagine a little boy decked out in sneakers and a yankees hat.

30-08-2011
backstage pass

I'm so excited for them, and I normally don't care about celeb pregnancies either. They're going to be great parents. Funny, the first thing I thought when I read the news was "bout time!". Lol. Congrats to them!

30-08-2011
MON
V.I.P.

I am beyond excited! Happy! OMG! What a talented child that will be.

Attention Whore - HAHAHA

Last edited by MON; 30-08-2011 at 05:20 AM.

30-08-2011
Looking Up

JayZ makes rubbish "music", but happy for him. He's going to be a dad. And of course Beyonce. If it's a girl I want her name to her Diva

30-08-2011
front row

^Maybe they will name it Hustler if it's a boy and Diva if it's a girl, lol :p

30-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiqary View Post
Omg, you're pressed as hell.

You can't blame her for getting excited and wanting to share with the public about the pregnancy. She have always been a private person, you calling her an attention whore is so laughable. If she really was an attention whore, I bet she would grace the cover of some magazine and with quote "I'M PREGNANT!" written on it when she already found out that she is pregnant and she would have start wearing dresses that really shows her baby bump now and then and just keep flaunting every second even when she went out of a car heading to a red carpet which she didn't. She just did a simple gesture with her hands on her belly for a few seconds and all the haters are mad. The power of Beyonce.
Sorry Bey stans, I did not mean to upset you. One last effort on this (on my part).

Getting a magazine cover with "I'm PREGNANT" or getting paid by a magazine to announce it, etc would absolutely be attention whoring. But it doesn't mean it's the only way to be an attention whore.

Just think about it, she stood on a red carpet in front of hundreds (?) of photographers and journalists, one of the music's biggest nights and announced that she was pregnant. Yeah, it's inconceivable (no pun intended) to think she was trying to get/steal some attention. But that's not the end of it. She went up to perform and announced that she has "love inside her", then at the end she rubbed her belly. This is when millions of people are watching live tv. The camera's on her. WTF? How is this NOT attention whoring. I don't disagree that her and Jay-Z relationship has been very private, but everything else about Beyonce is complete opposite.

K. Done. Congrats to happy couple. Hopefully the baby will not be kept as 'private' as the announcement was.

30-08-2011
fashion elite

She played the media to a T, what's wrong with that? It would have been big news either way and she would have been asked throughout the whole way, they would have mobbed her. Instead have control of it and give ALL the paps their pic, let them have a field day with it and be done with it. Plus it's such happy news, lord knows the girl lied through her teeth in her recent promo tour all over TV about having a baby one day.... she was pregnant then!

I love this article...

Quote:
How Beyoncé kept her pregnancy hush-hush

Beyoncé may enjoy a reputation as music's classiest broad, but she's also the canniest. Madame Z knows exactly how to play the media — not with the old-school Jolie-style thuggery, but in a more modern way, one that employs stealth and guile.

When some stars want to avoid revealing personal secrets, they simply bully the media. Angelina Jolie forced reporters to sign a gag agreement in exchange for an interview, for example. Beyoncé easily could have taken a similar tack, say, ordering her publicists to blackball reporters who may have heard about the pregnancy early. But from what I hear, that isn't what happened here. Instead, Beyoncé kept the rumors from emerging in the first place.

Well, one tactic was in place before she even got pregnant: geography. Most paparazzi are concentrated in Los Angeles. And that's not a big hangout for Beyoncé.

"Beyoncé has always been a tough subject to keep track of," says Justin Smith of the photo agency Fame Pictures. "She's very calculated about letting herself get photographed and she spends so much time outside of L.A. that we don't invest a lot in working on her."

And when she has been photographed in the past few months, she's been very, very careful about it. I partnered with E! Online's own crack photo editor Lindsay Scheinberg to do some heavy digging into Beyoncé's recent public dealings, and we found a few trends. First, Scheinberg has noted a change in the types of appearances Beyoncé has done in recent weeks.

"She's been shot more during concerts rather than out and about in public," says Scheinberg, which in turn allowed Beyoncé to have more control over lighting and angles. Heck, she could even dictate exactly where concert photographers could shoot her if she needed to, and then never turn quite all the way, know what I mean?

One more major tool in Beyoncé's arsenal: a change in wardrobe.

A dimmer starlet might have opted for the same tight tees she always wears, leaving her publicists to crush any reporters who speculated about a baby bump. Instead, Beyoncé literally cut loose. Or, looser. Her concert costumes grew more forgiving, and when she did go out to private functions — such as an Aug. 1 record release party for pal Kelly Rowland — she also kept her clothes loose.

No bump to see, no bump to gossip over. Sweet, simple, effective.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/443256...ncy-hush-hush/
Mad props to her publicist Yvette Noel-Schure!

30-08-2011
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
Are you serious? That's EXACTLY what she said, in slightly different words. That's fine if you don't think her announcement was tacky, but she wanted all the attention at the VMA to be at her and her 'pregnancy'. Who goes on the red carpet and starts rubbing their bellies for the big 'reveal'? Attention whores. Who starts a performance by talking about the "love that's inside them"? Attention whores. Who ends a performance with another belly rub for a good measure? Attention whores.

I love how the only rebuttal is that 'she wanted to be in control'. As if the only way to be in control of your pregnancy is to shove it down everyone's throat on a night that had little to do with her. She could be in control by quietly releasing a statement to a publication like People and be done with it. No, this was planned to bring Bey as much attention and press time as possible. And she succeeded. But classy it was not.
she is a celebrity so her fans eserve to be told which she did. Its different from pimping out the baby and giving daily updates of the bump. Plus even if she hadnt told the press would have told the world and probably even spun it out of control by saying it was from another man or a fake bump. Sh eis a public figure so the rules play out differently for her.

30-08-2011
front row

Happy for Beyonce but not a fan!

31-08-2011
backstage pass

Hum did she have another option other than announcing it there anyway ? I mean, it is starting to get quite noticeable At least she killed two birds with one stone, she made the announcement (which would've happened sooner or later) and thus stole the show

Congrats to the couple ! I really like them together.

01-09-2011
backstage pass

Congrats. Didn't think she would actually get pregnant before she's at least in her mid-thirties...

Re: The great reveal debate:

I think it would have been a nice touch if she had revealed her pregnancy infront of her most adoring fans at the 4 intimate concerts she played two weeks ago.
Doing it at the VMAs was very out of character for someone so private, imo.

Last edited by Suhzie; 01-09-2011 at 05:26 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
baby, beyonce, birth, gave, girl, pregnant, update