How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-10-2010
V.I.P.

I've heard about the Weinstein issue on numerous sites. It does make sense if you take into account that barely anyone knew who Blake Lively was about 2 years ago and now all of a sudden she's getting starring roles. However, there's no real proof of this....

But I wonder if Penn heard about it? That may explain the break up.

28-10-2010
trendsetter

^^ I'm pretty certain I read somewhere that since she's starring in The Green Lantern which is backed by some studio that isn't associated with HW, she's not one of HW's girls but I'm not sure who the studio for The Town is.

Even Penn must have heard the rumours about HW's girls so he must have known on some level considering he was dining with both Blake and HW at one point.

28-10-2010
V.I.P.

regardless, her people are probably happy about the split... since now she will be available to date someone with a higher profile who will boost her to true superstardom... kinda what Brad Pitt did for gwyneth...

It will be interesting to see who she ends up with... really hope it's not Shia...

This life is a process of learning- Lauryn Hill
28-10-2010
V.I.P.

^I hope to God it's not Ryan Gosling. She needs to stay away from my Ryan.

Blake is no Lindsay Lohan, but there's just something about her that seems fake to me.
I can't place it...I don't mean her nose or her boobs ...there's something about her personality that irks me.

29-10-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet87 View Post
^I hope to God it's not Ryan Gosling. She needs to stay away from my Ryan.

Blake is no Lindsay Lohan, but there's just something about her that seems fake to me.
I can't place it...I don't mean her nose or her boobs ...there's something about her personality that irks me.
Same here. I can't watch her interviews because she seems so fake. I know most actresses are nowhere near as sweet and lovely as we want them to be, but most are good at covering that up in interviews. But with her I can tell by her face and the way she pronounces things that it all bores her to death and she's just trying really hard to be nice. At least that's the impression I get. Dating someone low-profile like Penn was the only thing that made me think she might be a cool and genuine person after all. But I'm quite sure she'll go for someone more famous now, too.

29-10-2010
V.I.P.

B
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygodiva View Post
^^ I'm pretty certain I read somewhere that since she's starring in The Green Lantern which is backed by some studio that isn't associated with HW, she's not one of HW's girls but I'm not sure who the studio for The Town is.

Even Penn must have heard the rumours about HW's girls so he must have known on some level considering he was dining with both Blake and HW at one point.
actually, The Green Lantern is produced an distributed by Warner Brothers (+ DC Entertainment since it's a graphic novel adaptation and they're not tiny studio either, quite opposite in the last couple of years actually, Town was also done by WB ). WB and the Weinstein brothers have a business history.

one more thing, Lainey, after she posted that Casting Couch BI, got legal threats (suing), so she's not allowed to even talk about it.

Last edited by dajrekshn; 29-10-2010 at 07:48 AM.
29-10-2010
V.I.P.

wow i didn't know that they were together i'm watching Gossip Girl, but i'm not really interested in the actors' and actresses' private life.

31-10-2010
Rebaptising my badness

Countdown for a Ryan Reynolds-Scarlett Johansson divorce starting in 5, 4, 3...

V.I.P.

NAH. Ryan's still to small for her even to consider him as an option, plus a "marriagewrecker" title does no good at this point for her image building.

tfs star

wow i wasn't awere about hate that fly around blake on a net. I like her - of course her fashion choices were many times off - showing much to much skin - but she seems like a nice and funny girl. Not crazy, party goer

01-11-2010
fashion insider

^^While I can see why Lively may not be everyone's cup of tea, this sort of talk always surrounds actresses who burst on the scene from (seemingly) nowhere & get a lot of media attention. They either must be screwing someone or have strategic industry family links (or both). There was similar angst about Keira Knightley (which dissipated as she bulked up her resume); she wasn't bodacious so folks went with family links.

backstage pass

Yea, I'm not understanding the level of hate here. Blake seems genuine and uncontroversial... so I can't wrap my head around (nor co-sign on) the negative comments in this thread.

V.I.P.

Not a surprise that she is done with Penn at the exact moment her career is in hyper-drive. As Lainey says, Blake is ambitious...she knows how to work it.

02-11-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Yea, I'm not understanding the level of hate here. Blake seems genuine and uncontroversial... so I can't wrap my head around (nor co-sign on) the negative comments in this thread
Lots of people think she's a sh*tty actress (evidence: Serena van der Woodsen) who owes much of her success due to her luxurious blonde hair and her fantastic body.

But satisfaction brought it back
02-11-2010
tfs star

well i don't think she is THAT bad - i like the way she talk, there is something very intresting here but for acting skills - i must see few movies with her, can't judge after seeing her just in GG. ( the town is not here yet ).
And when women say that she is who she is just coz she slept with important ppl or have important family? bravo - and later you're mad that men talk to us like to stupid-barbie girl...

anyway - back to topic. Did you see pictures form filming GG 1 november? they're where together and have fun. So either it is not true or they ended it nice and in friends air

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
badgley, blake, lively, penn, split