How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-12-2011
fashion insider

^DAMN she is good! Blake that is. Though Lainey's showing practically Sherlock Holmes skills too, LOL

07-12-2011
rising star

LOL Lainey is just pressed because Blake has proved her wrong several times recently During the summer she was the one who said Blake had a crush on Ryan but Ryan wasn't into her like that. Anyway, I don't understand why Blake gets all the heat for PR tricks when Ryan is just as tacky for participating if they are staged photos. This is just another thread for people to irrationally hate on Blake, how boring.

Last edited by catalytic; 07-12-2011 at 04:47 PM.

07-12-2011
front row

What surprises me is how the mods can put the kibosh on opening any threads on/talking about Leo's love life whereas it's always open season on Blake talk/hate, and it's related since the embargo on the Leo talk sprang from that thread from earlier in the summer on both of them.

Whatever, it's always been irrational and like ^catalytic said above, it's all boring. I don't think there's anything written/expressed on here that can shock me anymore

p.s. Spot on about the Lainey stuff, it's so funny how clueless she is about Blake and how many times she has been proven wrong. It's also funny how so many people take her word for it like mindless drones... no wait, it's just sad really.

Last edited by Fey Sommers; 07-12-2011 at 04:53 PM.

07-12-2011
V.I.P.

I'm surprised the pics are so expensive. Weirdly enough, I think Kim Kardashian has more value than these two combined. I never hear anyone talking about either of these two in life, just randomly discussing celebrities.

07-12-2011
I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fey Sommers View Post
What surprises me is how the mods can put the kibosh on opening any threads on/talking about Leo's love life whereas it's always open season on Blake talk/hate, and it's related since the embargo on the Leo talk sprang from that thread from earlier in the summer on both of them.
We have our reasons. The reasons why his threads have been closed down is because they have gone off topic, quickly. Something you can't possibly see due to our moderating of them.

And before you claim that there's an open season on Blake talk/hate you should know that every thread that has turned overly off topic with bashing has been closed by the moderating team. The leo/blake split, the get together, her nude picture scandal, these have all been Blake 'hate' threads and have all been shut down. I personally closed the Blake/Leo thread because of its nature.

While we don't allow excessive bashing or continual negativity, the subjects aren't immune to it, and if this goes any further or anything like the other threads, you will probably see it closed up. But please don't question our process or actions in this form, and if you have any suggestions or complaints please contact a moderator or express it in an appropriate thread.

We don't get paid to do this, and we do our best to keep this forum as good as possible.

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

the only person in this situation i find fascinating is Ryan, who went from 3 pics with his (ex) wife at the time to being papped doing PDA with a girl he's dating for 2 (?) months. why a sudden change? i mean, it's pretty extreme, no?

08-12-2011
fashion icon

^You assume Ryan is in on the staged pics though. I don't think he changed. He just started dating someone who doesn't share his desire for privacy like Scarlett did. There were no PDA pics of Ryan and Scarlett because those two never called up the paps. The only thing that has changed about Ryan is that he is dating the much more media-friendly Blake.

08-12-2011
she had boys in her room

There are lots of pictures of Ryan and Alanis M being affectionate though..

08-12-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajrekshn View Post
the only person in this situation i find fascinating is Ryan, who went from 3 pics with his (ex) wife at the time to being papped doing PDA with a girl he's dating for 2 (?) months. why a sudden change? i mean, it's pretty extreme, no?
dajrekshn his career took a HUGE HIT this year, "The Green LAntern" was supposed to (believe it or not) be the next HArry Potter for Warner Bros. that is what Rabinov (the head of the studio) wanted for the pic. THe budget on the conservative side was 200 mil!!!! without the marketing cost, this was a huge bomb and then came the comdey with Jason Bateman "The Change up" another HUGE BOMB, he basically proved that he is not a leading man and that Sandra Bullock alone was the reason "The Proposal" was such a huge hit.

I think that is one of the reasons he has agreed to all the PR stuff with Blake, becasue let's face it, like Blake or not, these pics are obviously staged.

Saying all this, I think that they make a perfect couple, I think their media friendly stance will help both of their careers, since and this is just my opinion, neither of them has yet proven to be good actors, they need all the press they can get to stay in the game.

Last edited by kobro22; 08-12-2011 at 06:07 AM.

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

I thought RR was very good in "Definitely Maybe" and Blake was good in "The Town". They both have potential but neither has realized it, imo. Blake is stuck on that dumb TV show and like kobro22 says both were probably hoping the Green Lantern would be a huge feather in their caps and instead it was a flop.

Staged pics are kind of sad, imo. But whatever works I guess.

To me it would be better to get back on the horse and do a more challenging role. Not big bucks and big exposure roles, But something a little more indie, like the two aforementioned films I mentioned that they were good in.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

well they do look cute together..

and well...when Lainey is right, man is she right! that's kind of sad.

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
I thought RR was very good in "Definitely Maybe" and Blake was good in "The Town". They both have potential but neither has realized it, imo. Blake is stuck on that dumb TV show and like kobro22 says both were probably hoping the Green Lantern would be a huge feather in their caps and instead it was a flop.

Staged pics are kind of sad, imo. But whatever works I guess.

To me it would be better to get back on the horse and do a more challenging role. Not big bucks and big exposure roles, But something a little more indie, like the two aforementioned films I mentioned that they were good in.
for me, it was Buried. IMO, next to Gosling, he was totally overlooked by the Academy for the last Oscars. it was an indie flick in spanish production and he was so good in it, it really made me change my mind about his abilities (also, he was the only actor in the whole movie which gives it even more weight). i do think that TGL really made him go 2 steps back as the hype about him nowadays is nowhere near the one he had a year ago at this time and it, as Kobro said, really got the industry thinking about him boxoffice abilities in the end, so that might explain a change in appearance strategy. Blake should be fine if The Savages movie goes well and her role memorable (cus while The Town got the needed recognition, she didn't get much opportunities after that).

Last edited by dajrekshn; 08-12-2011 at 11:40 AM.

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

There is NO WAY Blake doesn't have something to do with these pictures. I mean, other than being in them, lol. It's so obvious. Maybe if it were a one time thing then I could perhaps reconsider. But given how it's now become a pattern, yeah... Lets be real here, these escapades and those nude leaks are the only thing that have given Blake publicity.

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

I think Blake is adorable and gorge and she has mad skills to land two hot guys in less than a year. And as much as I think Lainey is on the inside of celebs and their crazy going-ons, I feel she can be a tad harsh.

As for no pr between Ryan and his ex, I believe it was her doing, she wanted to keep their marriage on the dl.

ETA--Btw, who cares if its a pr stunt/conspiracy or whatever? Let the people who want to, enjoy the eye candy vicariously and leave it at that. I feel people are just so cynical about everything nowadays.

Last edited by Aoedele; 08-12-2011 at 11:47 AM.

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

^Too cynical in general? Perhaps. Too cynical toward Hollywood? No. In fact, I'd say people are and have been extremely naive to all the Hollywood business. It's only in the last few years or so that more people have been able to look through the facade and what the PR people want us to see. Before, when people used to get all their Hollywood gossip from a handful of magazines, it was easier for the PR people to control what goes out. Now days, with the internet and the explosions of the gossip blogs and 'inside' information, the set ups and the fakeness in it all is more obvious.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blake, fling, lively, reynolds, rumored, ryan