How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
dajrekshn: for me, it was Buried.
I haven't seen that film so i guess I should check it out. I just think these two would be better off looking for some edgier, less mainstream roles, and getting to WORK, rather than posing for planned photo-ops etc. It's so cheesy and it's certainly not going to garner respect by industry insiders. You just don't see a lot of the best actors and actresses out there doing this sort of desperate PR. Why not develop your skills and talent instead? I honesly don't get it. Even people like Marilyn Monroe, who could have traded solely on her looks, went to acting school and worked hard to be taken seriously. Why can't Blake do that? Why does she belittle herself with schemes like this? Who are her managers? They are dolts, whomever they are. She needs better advice if she ever wants to be taken seriously. But then again, maybe she doesn't? Maybe she just wants to cash in and that's good enough. For some, certainly all they want is the fame. To me, that seems empty.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 08-12-2011 at 11:56 AM.

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

I meant cynical in general, not towards Hollywood. The hopeless romantic in me can't help but think the pics are genuine and cute. But the realist is not sure. A for Hollywood, I think it gets a away with way too much, wants to control way too much. And frankly some of the "stars," and I use that term loosely, are not that fascinating.

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
^Too cynical in general? Perhaps. Too cynical toward Hollywood? No. In fact, I'd say people are and have been extremely naive to all the Hollywood business. It's only in the last few years or so that more people have been able to look through the facade and what the PR people want us to see. Before, when people used to get all their Hollywood gossip from a handful of magazines, it was easier for the PR people to control what goes out. Now days, with the internet and the explosions of the gossip blogs and 'inside' information, the set ups and the fakeness in it all is more obvious.
spot on.

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
^Too cynical in general? Perhaps. Too cynical toward Hollywood? No. In fact, I'd say people are and have been extremely naive to all the Hollywood business. It's only in the last few years or so that more people have been able to look through the facade and what the PR people want us to see. Before, when people used to get all their Hollywood gossip from a handful of magazines, it was easier for the PR people to control what goes out. Now days, with the internet and the explosions of the gossip blogs and 'inside' information, the set ups and the fakeness in it all is more obvious.
Well said. And thank goodness! The studios used to control the actor's and actress's private lives to a T, have them on a veritable string. Many suffered as a result, because they had to be "fake" all of the time, not just for their roles. Let's face it, these people are human and have flaws. Why do people even post these sorts of pictures, and why do they matter in our society? That's what I don't get: why does this PR crap work in the first place!? The fact that people can arrange PR stunts like this says much about the SAD Hollywood system! it's all about "exposure" with a capital "E"!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 08-12-2011 at 12:06 PM.

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

To say they should both look for edgier work and stop "posing" for cheesy fake pictures, I find kinda funny. I mean, its not up to you what they do, and the roles they are getting are perhaps offers they are receiving. Also, whose to say the "industry" doesn't respect them?

08-12-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fey Sommers View Post
p.s. Spot on about the Lainey stuff, it's so funny how clueless she is about Blake and how many times she has been proven wrong. It's also funny how so many people take her word for it like mindless drones... no wait, it's just sad really.
I never gave much credence to Ms. Lainey, but I gave up on her completely for Blake / Leo news after she claimed Blake had skipped out on the Toronto Film Festival without notice to head down to Australia when in fact the TIFF organizers had announced she wouldn't be able to make it due to a change in her shooting schedule and there were pix of her on the set of Savages.

As for Ryan, she's definitely wrong about this "only photographed three times with his wife" stuff. I've seen many vacation and airport pics from all over the place. This from a couple who's rumored reason for splitting was that they rarely saw each other due to work commitments. And there are many of him with Alanis. He was very affectionate with her. Watching them together makes me kind of sad they split up. :p

With Ryan and Blake, the only pics I've seen up until now have been those taken outside his apartment in Boston and a couple on set. He was snapped in the same locations many times by the same photographer before he started dating Blake. They've managed to avoid the paps in NY completely.

FWIW, I knew they would be spending the holiday in Utah from tweets from kids hoping to meet Ryan on Thanksgiving, airport sightings, and neighbors of Blake's in-laws.

Last edited by joujou; 08-12-2011 at 12:11 PM. Reason: spelling

08-12-2011
I don't know

I'm closing this thread for now. It has gone off topic and is steering in the same direction as the previous ones, which is nowhere.

Last edited by saann; 08-12-2011 at 03:16 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blake, fling, lively, reynolds, rumored, ryan