How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM View Post
Is it bad that I kind of don't care they got married and just want to see the clothes?
Here, here. I'm really curious.. somehow I can't imagine her in timeless Chanel but in an uber short 80s/tarty dress (what Karl has been doing lately anyway) with a ridiculous train added on just to give it that 'it's wedding' twist.

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

Chance to see the dress is coming soon...

Quote:
In fact, the Lively-Reynolds affair will be featured in an upcoming cover story in Martha Stewart Weddings.
http://www.eonline.com/news/344649/b...utiful-evening

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
While Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds' Sunday nuptials might have been a surprise to everyone outside their inner circle, it was everything the couple dreamed it would be, according to the woman who made it happen: wedding planner Tara Guérard.
Speaking exclusively to E! News, Guérard offered an inside peek at the fairy-tale ceremony that took place at Boone Hall Plantation just outside of Charleston, S.C.
"Ryan and Blake wanted the event to look and feel like home," Guerard told E! News. "With décor and live music, we all created the charm, elegance and magic of times passed."
The bride and bridesmaids wore bespoke Marchesa gowns with custom-made Louboutin shoes. The groom and groomsmen wore handcrafted Burberry suits. And they sealed the deal with wedding rings by Lorraine Schwartz. Among those who provided music at the landmark location were Bette Midler and Florence Welch.
Guérard, who worked previously for Martha Stewart and appeared on the domestic doyenne's program, The Martha Stewart Show, is an expert in entertaining and southern style having been chosen by Modern Bride magazine as a Top 25 Trendsetter in 2005. In fact, the Lively-Reynolds affair will be featured in an upcoming cover story in Martha Stewart Weddings.
"It was truly a beautiful evening and celebration," adds Guérard, who runs Tara Guérard Soirée, a full-service planning and design company headquartered in the historic area of Charleston. She is also the author of Southern Weddings: New Looks from the Old South in 2007 and Weddings by Tara Guérard in 2010.
Inside Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds' wedding
In preparation for Blake and Ryan's walk down the aisle, Guérard took the twosome around town scouting locations in June.
And they picked a good one, all right.
Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds—timeline to a top-secret marriage
In recent years, Charleston has become a popular destination for weddings, thanks in part to serving as the shooting locale for Nicholas Sparks' The Notebook.
So far, neither bride nor groom has officially commented on their matrimonial maneuvers, but we forgive them. After all, they're both busy basking in the newlywed glow.
Meanwhile, a source tells E! News that Lively and Reynolds are soaking up the South Carolina scenery and have yet to depart on any sort of honeymoon, but that they do plan on taking one this week.
Source: eonline.com

Quote:
Blake Lively surprised the world by getting married to Ryan Reynolds last night – and now her wedding dress designer has been revealed!

The 25-year-old actress wore a Marchesa one of a kind couture bridal ballgown, with a hand draped silk tulle bodice adorned with custom crystal and rose gold embroidery. We sure hope we’ll get a chance to see Blake in the gorgeous creation!

The bridal party each wore a unique custom made blush silk chiffon Marchesa gown, with crystal embroidered detail. All of the ladies wore shoes by Christian Louboutin.

Ryan and the groomsmen all wore Burberry suits with custom Christopher Bailey leather suspenders, according to People.

Blake and Ryan worked with Martha Stewart‘s team to create the “intimate, personalized party in a rustic barn.”

“From the heartfelt ceremony to the fun-filled carnival hour and elegant reception, it was a truly enchanting celebration,” according to the Martha Stewart Weddings, which will publish more details from the affair in its December issue.
just jared

Last edited by Dea1983; 10-09-2012 at 04:21 PM.

10-09-2012
rising star

Strange that they planned and went through with it secretly and now are releasing every detail. Good luck to them though.

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
Chance to see the dress is coming soon...

In fact, the Lively-Reynolds affair will be featured in an upcoming cover story in Martha Stewart Weddings.

http://www.eonline.com/news/344649/b...utiful-evening
WHAT. I mean come on. Why didn't she go for Vogue. This to me is a step down.

10-09-2012
rising star

Probably because she and Ryan are good friends with Martha Stewart.

10-09-2012
V.I.P.

Yeah, I heard they're neighbors in upstate NY and even spent Thanksgiving together. Also, Martha is giving her a cover and it's possible Vogue was not willing to.

10-09-2012
fashion insider

I can't wait to see the pictures. I wouldn't say Ryan has made her less ambitious with her career, I think she is as ambitious but her team has learnt not to be as agressive with it. I hope they surprise us all and last.
Posted via Mobile Device

10-09-2012
trendsetter

I can't say I blame them for keeping it secret: how many celebs have complained about the paps ruining their wedding? It is nice of them to share the moment with their fans though! Can't wait to see the pics!

Not surprised about the Martha Stewart bit though cuz every interview I've read with Blake, she always waxes poetically about awesome she thinks Martha is.

10-09-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySpring View Post
it surely was a beautiful ceremony - Chanel wedding dress and Florence Welch singing
Did you go to the wedding?

It doesn't say in the article anything about her dress, although I'm sure everyone's money would be on Chanel.

Love All, Trust A Few, Do Wrong To None - Shakespeare's All's Well
10-09-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
Apparently, Ryan likes his women less ambitious and clearly Blake wants to shift to being more Goopy/Martha Stewarty, so I can see it working...for at least five years.
I don't know why people think that it's somehow wrong for women to be less career orientated when they get married. I can't wait to get married and have children and just focus on my family and home. I think if you have very strong maternal instincts it's a very natural thing to lessen your career ambitions.

Love All, Trust A Few, Do Wrong To None - Shakespeare's All's Well
11-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
I love how this is being reported, and commented by people as if they have been dating for 2 months and got hitched! I mean 1 year long relationship is NOT a short courtship in any way possible imo, so this certainly doesnt seem rushed to me, they know each other well by now. Good luck to them, and congrats, i think they make a nice match.
I think 1 year is short.

V.I.P.

More wedding "details" -

8 New Details From the Top-Secret Wedding

Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds exchanged vows in front of about 70 guests Sunday night at the Boone Hall Plantation in Mt. Pleasant, S.C., according to PEOPLE.

Following the ceremony, the one-year-old couple held their wedding reception in a white tent on the antebellum plantation just outside of Charleston.

As all the details surface, what’s now known about the top-secret surprise ceremony?

Reynolds, 35, and Lively, 25 — who costarred together in 2011′s Green Lantern — have been nesting in their Bedford, N.Y., home since they purchased the estate earlier this year. The couple has mostly laid low since they first started dating, and have spent a lot of time with their families, locally, and in Reynolds’ native Canada.

This marks Reynolds’ second marriage. He was previously wed to actress Scarlett Johansson, whom he officially divorced from in 2011. Lively, meanwhile, has hooked up with everyone from Leonardo DiCaprio to her Gossip Girl co-star Penn Badgley.

So what is known about the couple’s surprise under-the-stars wedding?

1. The pair managed to get their picture-perfect day in order in just one month’s time. Lively reportedly asked for days off from the Gossip Girl set just three weeks ago.

2. The couple took precautions to keep the hush-hush nuptials under wraps; guest were required to check their cell phones.

3. The guests were treated to a $3,000 wedding cake, baked by Maggie Austin Cakes, that was transported from Maryland, according to the NY Daily News. The minister also crossed state lines for Lively and Reynolds’s big day, too — he was flown in from Connecticut.

4. Lively walked down the aisle in Chanel (wrong it's was Marchesa), and Reynolds was suited up in a Hugo Boss tuxedo (wrong again it was Burberry). The bride and groom vowed for forever with wedding bands designed by Manhattan jewelry designer Lorraine Schwartz.

5. Following the ceremony in the plantation’s Cotton Docks, Florence Welch (of Florence + the Machine) belted out a three-song set and Bette Midler serenaded the crowd before a deejay took over tunes for the evening, according to E! News.

6. The food may have been catered locally in the Charleston-adjacent town. “I am being told … that a local restaurant may have catered it,” Kelly Gukanovich of local radio station 95.1 FM told E! News.

7. Christian Louboutin was also in the Southern town over the weekend. A local tweeted, “Spotted: @LouboutinWorld in Charleston! Welcome to the city! #designers”

8. The Boone Hall Plantation released a statement on Facebook Monday morning denying requests for comment on the wedding. “We are receiving a number of inquiries this morning. From time to time Boone Hall Plantation hosts celebrity events. We respect the privacy of the individuals involved at these events. We thank you for your inquiries,” it wrote.

celebuzz.com - haha

11-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myown View Post
I think 1 year is short.
Well then we certainly have different outlook on what is "short". I know people who got married after 2 months together, at least its not that short for them.

11-09-2012
trendsetter

I actually think they'll last...
There will be babies soon:-).

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blake, lively, married, reynolds, ryan