How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-09-2012
trendsetter

70 guests only? Sounds like it was family and very close friends only. I'm rather curious if any of the GG cast or crew were there.

11-09-2012
front row

Oh gossssh I cant wait to see photos of the dress, I bet she looked beautiful!

V.I.P.

I figured the rumor about a Chanel dress was false because it would take far longer to make. I remember from Kim Kardashian's wedding that Marchesa was one of the brands that can whip up a dress quick. This will either be good or bad...I wasn't a fan of their creation for Nicole Richie.

11-09-2012
fashion icon

Blake seems to love fairytales, so I think it's a good match because if there's anything Marchesa can do it's whip up a sugary sweet ball gown. Now whether or not it will be any good is a different question.

11-09-2012
fashion insider

This is quite possibly one of the randomest things I have read this month.
'Buff beige' is getting married to 'desert sand beige'. I wonder what new shade of beige they'll produce.
Congratz but I give them two years.

11-09-2012
V.I.P.

Dang, there goes another stud-muffin' I won't get to hook up with. O_well, lol, good for them, can't wait to see the pictures.

backstage pass

I'm actually so excited to see them on the cover of Martha Stewart Living... I love that magazine and buy it each month

11-09-2012
Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphe View Post
This is quite possibly one of the randomest things I have read this month.
'Buff beige' is getting married to 'desert sand beige'. I wonder what new shade of beige they'll produce.
Congratz but I give them two years.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
Well then we certainly have different outlook on what is "short". I know people who got married after 2 months together, at least its not that short for them.
I don't think the suitability of a marriage is measured by any amount of time. Some people are engaged for years, some are engaged for a fraction of that time. Sometimes when two people meet and fall in love, they'll know very quickly if they're right for each other. 3 months can be enough time for some people. For other people, even 3 years isn't enough. I think what "short" is really depends on the people.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TianSoFine View Post
I don't think the suitability of a marriage is measured by any amount of time. Some people are engaged for years, some are engaged for a fraction of that time. Sometimes when two people meet and fall in love, they'll know very quickly if they're right for each other. 3 months can be enough time for some people. For other people, even 3 years isn't enough. I think what "short" is really depends on the people.
Amen!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
I figured the rumor about a Chanel dress was false because it would take far longer to make. I remember from Kim Kardashian's wedding that Marchesa was one of the brands that can whip up a dress quick. This will either be good or bad...I wasn't a fan of their creation for Nicole Richie.
Yes Nicole's was awful. I have some faith since nearly every time Blake has worn Marchesa she's looked gorgeous.

12-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TianSoFine View Post

fashion icon

I agree that you can't really judge whether or not a marriage will last by how quickly a couple get engaged, but for me if a man has proposed to most of his girlfriends and he only just got divorced last year then it's an automatic red flag. Maybe I'm just more conservative when it comes to marriage, but I do think there is such a thing as rushing into it and Ryan Reynolds seems like someone who is no stranger to that. Blake is a natural-born homemaker. She's always going on and on about her cupcakes and her nieces and nephews. But Ryan seems desperate to be married. You can't go around thinking everyone you ever love is 'the one' otherwise you're just a fool in love. He better pray that this one lasts because if not he'll be divorced and married to someone else by the time he turns 38.

12-09-2012
V.I.P.

^yes, but they met a few years ago when they worked together on the green lantern while he was still married to someone else.

i think the green lantern was in production after filming for almost a year until it was released.

so it may be ample time to get to know someone.

the feature on the wedding will not be on the cover of martha stewart living. it will be on the cover of martha stewart living.

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
I agree that you can't really judge whether or not a marriage will last by how quickly a couple get engaged, but for me if a man has proposed to most of his girlfriends and he only just got divorced last year then it's an automatic red flag. Maybe I'm just more conservative when it comes to marriage, but I do think there is such a thing as rushing into it and Ryan Reynolds seems like someone who is no stranger to that. Blake is a natural-born homemaker. She's always going on and on about her cupcakes and her nieces and nephews. But Ryan seems desperate to be married. You can't go around thinking everyone you ever love is 'the one' otherwise you're just a fool in love. He better pray that this one lasts because if not he'll be divorced and married to someone else by the time he turns 38.
I completely agree. He does seem a little desperate to be married, but then she seems desperate for a family so maybe they'll work. Who knows. But I definitely think there's something a little shaky about all of this. Looking from the outside in anyway.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blake, lively, married, reynolds, ryan