How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
11-09-2012
  46
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sandusky
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,229
70 guests only? Sounds like it was family and very close friends only. I'm rather curious if any of the GG cast or crew were there.

  Reply With Quote
 
11-09-2012
  47
front row
 
*bambam*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Gender: femme
Posts: 211
Oh gossssh I cant wait to see photos of the dress, I bet she looked beautiful!

__________________
  Reply With Quote
11-09-2012
  48
V.I.P.
 
LUXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,319
I figured the rumor about a Chanel dress was false because it would take far longer to make. I remember from Kim Kardashian's wedding that Marchesa was one of the brands that can whip up a dress quick. This will either be good or bad...I wasn't a fan of their creation for Nicole Richie.

  Reply With Quote
11-09-2012
  49
fashion icon
 
ALAUU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,465
Blake seems to love fairytales, so I think it's a good match because if there's anything Marchesa can do it's whip up a sugary sweet ball gown. Now whether or not it will be any good is a different question.

  Reply With Quote
11-09-2012
  50
fashion insider
 
Morphe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,147
This is quite possibly one of the randomest things I have read this month.
'Buff beige' is getting married to 'desert sand beige'. I wonder what new shade of beige they'll produce.
Congratz but I give them two years.

  Reply With Quote
11-09-2012
  51
V.I.P.
 
Aoedele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: somewhere in time
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,170
Dang, there goes another stud-muffin' I won't get to hook up with. O_well, lol, good for them, can't wait to see the pictures.

__________________
No matter where you are from, your dreams are valid.--Lupita Nyong'O(Oscar speech 2014)
  Reply With Quote
11-09-2012
  52
backstage pass
 
BonesAndOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Gender: homme
Posts: 600
I'm actually so excited to see them on the cover of Martha Stewart Living... I love that magazine and buy it each month

  Reply With Quote
11-09-2012
  53
Rebaptising my badness
 
Nemova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: On the sunny side of the street
Gender: femme
Posts: 8,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphe View Post
This is quite possibly one of the randomest things I have read this month.
'Buff beige' is getting married to 'desert sand beige'. I wonder what new shade of beige they'll produce.
Congratz but I give them two years.

__________________
"Make up your mind/Wake up and fight" W.G. || "I reckon you think you've been redeemed" H.M. || "All music for me is worship of one kind or another" B.
  Reply With Quote
11-09-2012
  54
fashion insider
 
TianSoFine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: a metropolis of dreams
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
Well then we certainly have different outlook on what is "short". I know people who got married after 2 months together, at least its not that short for them.
I don't think the suitability of a marriage is measured by any amount of time. Some people are engaged for years, some are engaged for a fraction of that time. Sometimes when two people meet and fall in love, they'll know very quickly if they're right for each other. 3 months can be enough time for some people. For other people, even 3 years isn't enough. I think what "short" is really depends on the people.

__________________
*my twitter *my tumblr *my blog
  Reply With Quote
12-09-2012
  55
fashion insider
 
frieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: alone on a bicycle for two
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by TianSoFine View Post
I don't think the suitability of a marriage is measured by any amount of time. Some people are engaged for years, some are engaged for a fraction of that time. Sometimes when two people meet and fall in love, they'll know very quickly if they're right for each other. 3 months can be enough time for some people. For other people, even 3 years isn't enough. I think what "short" is really depends on the people.
Amen!

__________________
"I am in love with the sun," whispered the moon.
  Reply With Quote
12-09-2012
  56
V.I.P.
 
Label Basher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 13,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
I figured the rumor about a Chanel dress was false because it would take far longer to make. I remember from Kim Kardashian's wedding that Marchesa was one of the brands that can whip up a dress quick. This will either be good or bad...I wasn't a fan of their creation for Nicole Richie.
Yes Nicole's was awful. I have some faith since nearly every time Blake has worn Marchesa she's looked gorgeous.

__________________
ROBBER - Get down on the ground. Face down. C'mon. CHER - Oh, no. You don't understand, this is an Alaïa.
ROBBER - An a-what-a?
CHER - It's like a totally important designer.
  Reply With Quote
12-09-2012
  57
V.I.P.
 
Aoedele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: somewhere in time
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by TianSoFine View Post
I don't think the suitability of a marriage is measured by any amount of time. Some people are engaged for years, some are engaged for a fraction of that time. Sometimes when two people meet and fall in love, they'll know very quickly if they're right for each other. 3 months can be enough time for some people. For other people, even 3 years isn't enough. I think what "short" is really depends on the people.

__________________
No matter where you are from, your dreams are valid.--Lupita Nyong'O(Oscar speech 2014)
  Reply With Quote
12-09-2012
  58
fashion icon
 
ALAUU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Gender: femme
Posts: 3,465
I agree that you can't really judge whether or not a marriage will last by how quickly a couple get engaged, but for me if a man has proposed to most of his girlfriends and he only just got divorced last year then it's an automatic red flag. Maybe I'm just more conservative when it comes to marriage, but I do think there is such a thing as rushing into it and Ryan Reynolds seems like someone who is no stranger to that. Blake is a natural-born homemaker. She's always going on and on about her cupcakes and her nieces and nephews. But Ryan seems desperate to be married. You can't go around thinking everyone you ever love is 'the one' otherwise you're just a fool in love. He better pray that this one lasts because if not he'll be divorced and married to someone else by the time he turns 38.

  Reply With Quote
12-09-2012
  59
V.I.P.
 
lucy92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 12,183
^yes, but they met a few years ago when they worked together on the green lantern while he was still married to someone else.

i think the green lantern was in production after filming for almost a year until it was released.

so it may be ample time to get to know someone.

the feature on the wedding will not be on the cover of martha stewart living. it will be on the cover of martha stewart living.

__________________
Large Avatars for Everyone!
  Reply With Quote
12-09-2012
  60
tfs star
 
chickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Southern United States
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
I agree that you can't really judge whether or not a marriage will last by how quickly a couple get engaged, but for me if a man has proposed to most of his girlfriends and he only just got divorced last year then it's an automatic red flag. Maybe I'm just more conservative when it comes to marriage, but I do think there is such a thing as rushing into it and Ryan Reynolds seems like someone who is no stranger to that. Blake is a natural-born homemaker. She's always going on and on about her cupcakes and her nieces and nephews. But Ryan seems desperate to be married. You can't go around thinking everyone you ever love is 'the one' otherwise you're just a fool in love. He better pray that this one lasts because if not he'll be divorced and married to someone else by the time he turns 38.
I completely agree. He does seem a little desperate to be married, but then she seems desperate for a family so maybe they'll work. Who knows. But I definitely think there's something a little shaky about all of this. Looking from the outside in anyway.

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blake, lively, married, reynolds, ryan
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.