How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
But Ryan seems desperate to be married.
You say this as if you know him. Whatever the outcome, I'll bet she was a gorgeous bride.

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
BLAKE LIVELY and Ryan Reynolds wrote their own wedding vows. The pair promised to "support and love each other and to make each other laugh" during their wedding, which took place last weekend.
The groom said he would "treasure" his new wife, while the bride vowed to "adore" her husband-to-be, a source told People magazine. "The whole time they were beaming. [Blake] started to well up. A lot of people started to well up, actually."

It was revealed earlier this week that Lively walked down the aisle wearing a Marchesa couture bridal gown, while Reynolds and his party wore Burberry suits.

The pair were married during an intimate ceremony on Sunday night at the Boone Hall Plantation in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, and went to great lengths to keep their nuptials as top-secret as possible - reportedly asking guests to sign a non-disclosure agreement and confiscating all phones during the ceremony. Even the bakery that created the peach-and-white wedding cake, didn't know who they were delivering it to.

"For us, we were simple working for a client like we always do," said a spokesperson for the Maggie Austin Cake company. "We are surprised and delighted that we were able to work with them."

Perhaps unable to contain his excitement, the bride's older brother, Jason Lively, described to New York's Daily News how he was in charge of organising transportation for all the guests. "It was amazing," he said. "I travelled all around the country and rented cars from out of state to keep it under wraps. I think they did a good job. It was spectacular."

The wedding included plenty of romantic finishing touches, such as a performance from a children's choir from the local Baptist Church, which was reportedly followed by Lively's close friend Florence Welch singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow. It's also thought that the occasion was marked with the release of Chinese paper lanterns.
Source: vogue.co.uk

13-09-2012
tfs star

wow i don't even know he was married to scarjo

13-09-2012
I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
the feature on the wedding will not be on the cover of martha stewart living. it will be on the cover of martha stewart living.
Is this some crazy riddle

They seem happy together and look like a good match. Can't wait to see the dress.. Any idea on who the photographer was?

13-09-2012
fashion elite

Damn Lucky Bish!

13-09-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoedele View Post
You say this as if you know him. Whatever the outcome, I'll bet she was a gorgeous bride.
I used the word 'seems' because I don't know him. If I wanted to come off as though I was his best friend I'd have said 'he IS desperate to be married.'

Anyways, I love how they kept the wedding under wraps only to release all this info after. And then she'll give another interview talking about how she likes to keep her private life private. Oh okay, right

13-09-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALAUU View Post
Anyways, I love how they kept the wedding under wraps only to release all this info after. And then she'll give another interview talking about how she likes to keep her private life private. Oh okay, right
It makes no sense as the media keeps calling it a "secret wedding" while detailing the entire thing. I think Blake is really likable on her own but her PR is awful. "Paparazzi" photos of the wedding are starting to leak too

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

^ Can you post them or link to them?

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saann View Post
Is this some crazy riddle

They seem happy together and look like a good match. Can't wait to see the dress.. Any idea on who the photographer was?
oops, i meant to say it will be on the cover of martha stewart weddings, a seperate magazine.

fashion elite

Getting married twice in four years says "Desperate to be married" a little bit, to me. I love the guy, but yeah. I can see it.

13-09-2012
V.I.P.

Lol, could be he's in love and wanted that commitment. I can see that!

13-09-2012
backstage pass

^And engaged

And yeah this is no secret wedding...it was secret when it was happening of course, but two days later, we know every detail. I am all for a marriage working out though

But maybe its just me, but they never seemed to get out of the honeymoon stage? Like seems like they were at the 3 months dating, totally smitten look all the time. I don't know if thats because they're perfect for eachother and deserve to get married because that is the dynamic between them.......or could it not last because they will get out of the "honeymoon" stage, and face the real realities of being a couple, that its forever?

windowshopping

Fwiw, Ryan said he didn't think he would get married again, and he was single for almost a year before he started going out with Blake. They do seem infatuated with each other, but they were friends before they started going out.

The engagement was definitely a secret (and still is - I haven't heard when or where he proposed) and so was the wedding until after it was over. Who wants paps at their wedding? Martha Stewart on the other hand - I think a lot of people would want her (+ her decorating team) at their wedding. She also happens to be their neighbor.

Anyway, I think it was impressive they were able to keep it all under wraps as long they did and whatever they want to share is fine by me - (especially pix of the bride and groom, please. :p) Here's the Marchesa designers on the dress:

Time Online

E! Online

14-09-2012
backstage pass

I thought they broke up like half a year ago. :O
Anyways congrats!!

14-09-2012
V.I.P.

I'm happy for them. I don't know much about her but they seem pretty happy together. Lucky her, desperate or not, he is hot!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
blake, lively, married, reynolds, ryan