How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-06-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpolo View Post
Apparently Hollywood is a lot like high school with the cliques and cattiness. But instead of an open door policy, there's an open leg policy.
i'm not a native english speaker myself. But i gotta hand it to u, u speak/write wonderfully
Posted via Mobile Device

01-06-2011
windowshopping

This thread is brutal.

I personally don't think she leaked the photos. Between her upcoming movies, the Channel deal and her many fashion covers, she's been getting plenty of publicity. It seems she wants to have a serious A-list career in Hollywood, so why would she ruin the image she's trying to cultivate by leaking nude photos? It just doesn't make sense.

By the way, why do people believe that she has slept her way to the top?

I feel bad for her. I can't even imagine how humiliating it must be to have nude photos of yourself plastered all over the net.

Last edited by soapstar; 01-06-2011 at 05:57 PM.

01-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
taking naked photos of yourself is SO stupid, particularly because it is such bad influence on teenagers who are sexting each other (they actually have seminars at middle and high schools to talk about it) and not realizing the consequences (especially since she has that huge following from Gossip Girl)
This is an excellent point made by fantastical. Indeed I have two nieces in the teen and preteen age bracket and I worry about them exploiting themselves sexually to be perceived as popular. I resent the rather blase attitude "oh well everyone has nude photos today; it is no big deal". This completely undermines the magnitude of the very real impact that celebrities have on the youth. And Blake has A LOT of followers in the age bracket to which I referred, and to which fantastical referred, due to the type of work she has done, in particular.

To the poster who took a quasi-feminist stance suggesting we should support Blake because many of us are women, I appreciate the sentiment but I think it is misguided in this case.

If Blake leaked these photos it is especially problematic, but either way it suggests that it is okay for women to buy into this dumb post-feminist notion, promulgated by the likes of the Spice Girls notion of "girl power" - i.e., put it all out there and work it baby. Flesh sells.

This is not power. This is "contingent" power. It works only temporarily (i.e., looks fade, then what?), only through exploitation, and only if you have the boobs, looks, etc, to exploit it in the first place. It sends the wrong message to women and girls.

There are plenty of celebrities with beauty, brains and talent who don't exploit themselves to profit or get ahead. Those are the ones to whom we should lend our support, imo.

Sorry if this post is too soap-boxy.

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 01-06-2011 at 05:56 PM.

01-06-2011
scenester

I dont think she leaked them. And even Lainey (who's always ragging on her) doesnt believe she did. I mean why would they leak them - especially since she bagged Leo, I doubt her or her team would be stupid enough to jeopardise Leo & Chanel.

Although the timing is suspect - I dont know why people are quick to rule out a 3rd party. With all this Leo romance blowing up everywhere, someone probably saw their chance and took it. Whether that be a scorned ex or a disloyal "friend"

Im just intrigued as to how this will all play out. Will Leo & Chanel jump ship. I think she can "survive" Leo calling it quits as its only really a new romance. But, I think Chanel cutting ties with her would do the most damage - especially the amount of hype surrounding the campaign & the Anna/Karl favouritism.

Last edited by OhSoLively; 01-06-2011 at 06:10 PM.

01-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonjourTristesse View Post
Wow... reading through this thread shocks me.
Why are you girls so mean?! Who cares she has blonde hair and looks like a Barbie? Seriously... I detest how women feel like they have the right to judge and are so mean about each other. Shouldn't be be supportive? Being a woman myself I know what pressure is on us to always look good and flawless... I never thought it's actually WOMEN who put us under this pressure. It's girls like you who make me feel uneasy because of how harshly you judge.
I never read such comments about men. You girls shouldn't ever wonder why girls are bitches to you... Because you're doing exactly the same.
Blake is 24 years old - she's young. She has worked hard. She is a Chanel model - if you like it or not. ( I agree she's not the best choice but I respect Chanel's decision).

Honestly... I hope you are all as critical with yourselves when you look in the mirror or when you walk to work in the morning and do your jobs.....

I like Blake, I'm not her biggest fan...but reading through this thread... I really, really feel sorry for her! I never want to be a female celebrity... Women are cruel !

Have some class people.... seriously.

And when has the issue/s against her ever been that she's blonde or looks like a barbie? If it's been said I doubt it was serious since this is an informal place and things are said in jest. And yeah, she's young, and has a Chanel campaign but I don't see how that equates to working hard. That's my gripe with her - not her long legs or blonde hair which I must surely be jealous of because as I criticize her according to some comments here and her style thread… but I digress - she's done little to have so much to her name when she's barely put her toe in the water. I mean she is an over-privileged celebrity who gets paid millions to look pretty therefore I can’t find it within me to feel much sympathy for her being judged and critiqued for the choices she has made. When you put yourself out there you get judged... it’s life, deal with the consequences. She strikes me as the type of actor who wants mega-stardom right now instead of building her career organically...therefore she probably has that thick skin required to get over this. Also, look any number of threads here: Keira Knightley, Carey Mulligan etc and there is nothing but praise for their work/them etc. They also happen to be women, like Blake, and us fellow women happen to embrace them just fine without lacking requisite class

01-06-2011
V.I.P.

Am I the only one who thinks Karl will actually love this? The more scandalous the better, no? Or why else is the Chanel front row filled with it-girls and drunken socialites?

01-06-2011
V.I.P.

I don't kow why Chanel would drop her, it is not as if we ain't been all up in Freja's and Abbey Lee's business.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Karl will actually love this? The more scandalous the better, no? Or why else is the Chanel front row filled with it-girls and drunken socialites?
I just saw this post, it looks like we are on the same wavelength. If he is mad about anything it is that the photos were taken too soon for there to be a strategically placed Chanel bag in the photos.

Last edited by agee; 01-06-2011 at 06:24 PM.

01-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonjourTristesse View Post
I don't know what you don't understand.. Read through this thread.
People didn't say "I don't like the pictures" - They said she slept her way up to fame, is ugly, fake, a fame whore and TRASH. If you said that about someone in real life they might sue you for e.g. the first thing.

I said that I find that saying such things and being seriously nasty towards someone who cant defend herself is "low class" and I do not like it or think it's fair.

I criticized this behaviour. Period. I'm not going to explain it one more time.
I know it's uncomfortable when someone does not participate in the bashing but criticises it... The person who criticises the gossip then becomes the target. it's highschool all over again.

PS: sorry I'm not a native english speaker, I hope it all makes sense nevertheless.
Well these are rumours rehashed from countless blind items, 'sources' and whatever else so no one is just randomly saying, 'I think she slept her way to the top, that's how she got famous' they are speculating about rumours and gossip but this is the case for most high profile celebrities (I also don't think it's a fallacy to say that celebrities should expect to get that kind of criticism since it's common fact that so many of them build their careers on games and pr and whatever press they can grab. They want the millions of dollars, the public adoration, the perks and rewards? They should be adults and deal with the other side of it just like we plebeians do in our own unglamorous lives. They are not kings or queens to be exempted when they use it to their personal gain when they pick and choose)

01-06-2011
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

I agree with some of the posters here, TFS has alway sbeen a class above media take out and Perez hilton but lately the line is actualy thinning. Instead of witty posts its more of blatant cattiness that is normally reserved for gossip sites.

01-06-2011
backstage pass

And she's like the most underpaid celeb. Lol. With all those covers and movies and chanel campaigns (lets not forget gossip girl). And she doesn't even make it to the RICHEST CELEBS UNDER 25 list
Posted via Mobile Device

01-06-2011
V.I.P.

All very interesting thoughts here.

The more important impact to me is on the youth, and impressions it could potentially make on young girls. That's all.

As for Blake's career getting better or worse because of the nude pics, i could care less in all honesty.

01-06-2011
front row

Hey, let's all pretend that working consistently on a TV show for 4-years and running is a lazy man's work (and doing 4 movies before that). Let's all forget that movie stars have said that working on a TV show is actually harder and more tasking than working on a movie where you have sufficient breaks as opposed to working for 9 months in a year. Let's forget her juggling two roles at once when shooting The Town simultaneously with GG. Let's forget that in between breaks the girl has wrapped up a movie and is set to shoot another with a renowned veteran director next month, educating herself by taking French and cooking lessons for a month in between shoots. Let's stone her for upping her profile when her show only has one season (or if (un)lucky two left) and is in it's twilight years. Let's all sh*t upon her for her ambition, afterall she isn't willing to "work her a*se off to get to the top".

01-06-2011
Soviet Camaro

OK, that's enough. Time for a break.

The topic of the thread is Blake Lively's Nude Pictures. Why they were created, who leaked them, what their intent was. It is not a referendum on forum members.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, blake, leaked, lively, mod, note, nude, pictures, post, read