How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-08-2014
V.I.P.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Are Married
Quote:
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Are Married!
By Mary Green and Michelle Tauber
08/28/2014 AT 08:40 AM EDT

Just call them Mr. and Mrs. Pitt!

After nine years and six children together, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have married in France, PEOPLE has confirmed with multiple sources. The news was first reported by the Associated Press.

The wedding was held Saturday at Château Miraval in the village of Correns, where the couple first settled in 2008 and have since performed extensive renovations. The wine-growing estate has a 35-room main house, an ancient chapel and a working vineyard spread over 1,100 acres.

The ceremony came two years after the couple's 2012 engagement, when Jolie, 39, first showed off the custom sparkler that Pitt, 50, designed for her.

Naturally, the pair's children were on hand to celebrate: Maddox, 13, Pax, 11, Zahara, 9, Shiloh, 8, and 6-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne.

In May, Jolie spoke to PEOPLE about the couple's low-key, kid-centric marriage plans.

"We're just waiting for it to be the right time with the kids, with work, when it feels right," she said. "We talk about it occasionally, and the kids talk about it with us.

"Which is verging on hysterical, how kids envision a wedding. They will in a way be the wedding planners. It's going to be Disney or paintball – one or the other! We've got a lot of different personalities in the house. They've got some strong opinions. It will be fun. That's the important thing. When we do it, it will feel like a great day for our family."

Jolie also spoke about how supportive Pitt had been through her 2013 double mastectomy and ensuing recovery.

"We've been through so much," she said. "We've gotten a lot closer, which I think naturally happens with raising a family together."

It has turned out to be an exceptionally big year for the couple, with Pitt filming his upcoming WWII drama Fury and Jolie directing her upcoming WWII drama Unbroken.

Although their diverging schedules often kept them on opposite sides of the world while shooting, Jolie recently revealed that the pair wrote each other love letters to stay connected.

"We decided to be of that time, when we could imagine he was in the European theater and I was in the Pacific theater," she said, "and we wrote handwritten letters to each other that were very connecting for us, thinking of the people that were separated for months, if not years, at a time back then."

And a little thing like a wedding isn't slowing down the perennially globe-trotting family: They're set to begin shooting an intimate, character-driven drama, By the Sea, in Malta – their first on-screen reunion since 2005's scorching Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

"I wrote something a few years ago for Brad and me," Jolie told PEOPLE of her script for By the Sea. "Just for fun. Just an independent little art piece. Because we don't get to do those as much as we'd like. But it's something really small and experimental."

So maybe it will be a working honeymoon in Malta?

Congratulations to the newlyweds!
Source: people.com

Last edited by agee; 28-08-2014 at 12:53 PM.

28-08-2014
tfs star

It was about time.

28-08-2014
fashion elite

My favourite couple!

V.I.P.

I think that you cant get more "married" than by having kids together... this wedding seems like more fun and important now with all the kids than if they´ve gotten married when they only had Maddox.

28-08-2014
tfs star

Wonder who made the dress, Versace, Elie Saab, YSL, or no designer at all.

28-08-2014
V.I.P.

that's nice; i'll bet it was special for the kids to witness - they'll all remember it.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
29-08-2014
front row

Finally! Any possibility for pics?

29-08-2014
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by before View Post
Wonder who made the dress, Versace, Elie Saab, YSL, or no designer at all.
She has Donatella on speed dial. But I'm guessing she probably didn't even make a big fuzz about the dress.

29-08-2014
V.I.P.

Finally! Congratulations to them. I hope we get to see a picture at least.

29-08-2014
V.I.P.

I doubt we'll be seeing pics since they managed this incredible feat of hiding it from the papps. As stated by others, it seems like this was an intimate (very intimate) family affair for their kids and I don't think they are going to be whoring out the photos like a certain other family klan.

29-08-2014
fashion elite

Congratulations

I really hope they have sold their wedding pictures. They did it with their children because they knew they could raise a hell of a lot for charity so I hope they do the same here.

01-09-2014
V.I.P.

just jared

01-09-2014
V.I.P.

I want to know about the dress, is it custom made with her kids drawings? it's really cute

01-09-2014
V.I.P.

Quote:
When Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie went about planning their big day, they didn't have to look far to find the perfect wedding planners: their six children.

The intimate Aug. 23 ceremony – attended by just 20 friends and family members – was held in the chapel of Château Miraval, the family's estate in the French village of Correns. The wedding – including exclusive photos of the ceremony, Jolie's unique dress (decorated with her children's artwork!) and the entire family's celebration – is featured in this week's issue of PEOPLE, in conjunction with Hello! magazine internationally.

Each child had a key role to play: Eldest sons Maddox, 13, and Pax, 10, walked their mom down the aisle; flower girls Zahara, 9, and Vivienne, 6, tossed petals gathered from the garden; and Shiloh, 8, and Knox, 6, served as ring bearers. The kids also helped write their parents' vows. And Pax baked the cake!

"It was important to us that the day was relaxed and full of laughter," Pitt, 50, and Jolie, 39, tell PEOPLE. "It was such a special day to share with our children and a very happy time for our family."

Even Jolie's dress was an expression of her kids' creativity: Luigi Massi, the master tailor at Atelier Versace, sewed dozens of designs from her children's drawings into the dress and veil.

"Luigi is like family to me and I couldn't imagine anyone else making this dress," says Jolie. "He knows and cares for the children and it was great fun putting it together."

Pitt wore a suit from his closet – with a tie borrowed from one of his sons because Pitt forgot to pack his. Zahara's dress was designed by family friend Adama Kebe. Maddox, Pax, Shiloh, and Knox wore black suits (Shiloh's included shorts and a top hat), and Vivienne wore a white dress from her closet. Jeweler Robert Procop, who designed Jolie's engagement ring, created the couple's wedding bands.

For Brad and Angelina's complete wedding album, all the details of their big day and more of the couple's interview, pick up this week's issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Wednesday.
people.com

01-09-2014
tfs star

Really surprised they gave away the pics and quite a few of them intimate (the kids, the kiss...) and then wonder why the pleibs are interested in their private lives like most celebs

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
angelina, brad, jolie, married, pitt