How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-06-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi View Post
^I know we've been down that road a thousand times, but unless you were hiding under their beds during the filming of Mr & Mrs Smith, how can you tell any cheating took part?
That would be an opinion, not a fact (I know some people consider falling in love 'emotional cheating' but I find it fairly ridiculous as, apart from Buddhist monks, nobody is master of themselves enough to control who they fall in love with).
Come on Harumi, we live in the XXI century anyone that thinks that when Angelina said that was the movie where their parents fell in love she was referring to the fact that even though he was married, they just fell in love and then waited patiently and chaste, for his marriage to end is indeed extremely naive. If my husband came up with that excuse i would simply laugh in his face. I still live in real world.

This is the same as saying that unless you see your husband actually having sex with another woman, the doubt always remain if he's having an affair or not if he denies it till the end. That is not at all how it works.

Last edited by Les_Sucettes; 07-06-2010 at 09:27 AM.

07-06-2010
fashion elite

^you're free to think whatever you want.
I'm not sure what the 21th century has to do with any of it. In the real world I live in people still manage to be decent.

But anyway, my opinion isn't more worthy than yours. I'm happy to agree to disagree.

07-06-2010
V.I.P.

Oh it doesnt matter what century ur born into. There are scandals like this in all of them. Its just not been made into a huge things like this before. Not that I know of anyway.

07-06-2010
tfs star

I was reading the Vanity Fair on Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton and in comparison to them, Brangelina is so amateur and tame...

08-06-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi View Post
In the real world I live in people still manage to be decent.

But anyway, my opinion isn't more worthy than yours. I'm happy to agree to disagree.
True. I think i'm a bit of a jaded old cynic.

08-06-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
I was reading the Vanity Fair on Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton and in comparison to them, Brangelina is so amateur and tame...
not to be rude but is there a point in that statement?

and btw, i can not believe that so many people still blame angie for brad's divorce. so what if he did cheat on aniston? its not like he cheated with some prostitute, he cheated when he fell in love, and now many years after, he has kids with that woman, they might be happy, no one knows that for sure but the 2 of them.

brad is with angie. deal with it. if i was aniston, i would stfu and live my life.

08-06-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
brad is with angie. deal with it. if i was aniston, i would stfu and live my life.

08-06-2010
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.j. View Post
not to be rude but is there a point in that statement?
The point is that Pitt-Jolie supposedly personify the glamour of what being a celebrity is like (you know drugs, sex, and rock n roll) when actually they are far more responsible, at least in appearance, then couples of another era.

08-06-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.j. View Post
imo, it was a great PR stunt on her part to give interviews to every magazine saying how Angie stole her husband and blah blah blah... it made her look like a helpless victim and Angelina like the source of all evil
Sandra Bullock on the other hand is being more gracious about her problems and people feel sympathy for her anyway.

08-06-2010
V.I.P.

Yes but also all you have to do is look at Shiloh's birthday and count 9 months back. Angie got knocked up when he was still married. Angie has made comments in the pasts about how it's been a great 9 months being pregnant with Shiloh (so she wasn't born early) and then Angie made a comment about how Shiloh was planned. So she's basically just said that not only did she sleep with a married man but they planned a pregnancy whilst he was married.

I think that the reason this gets more press then say the other like Roberts is the personalities involved. Angie had this bada** vile of blood carrying PR thing going on and Aniston was a "Friend" and then you had Brad who was "the next Robert Redford" or whatever they made him out to be. Also no one knew who the hell Julia Roberts was fighting over. I mean her husband isn't a Brad Pitt he's a camera man and no one really cared.

09-06-2010
V.I.P.

[QUOTE=McClaire;7351083]Yes but also all you have to do is look at Shiloh's birthday and count 9 months back. Angie got knocked up when he was still married. Angie has made comments in the pasts about how it's been a great 9 months being pregnant with Shiloh (so she wasn't born early) and then Angie made a comment about how Shiloh was planned. So she's basically just said that not only did she sleep with a married man but they planned a pregnancy whilst he was married.

The divorce was final in Oct. but Jennifer and Brad made the announcement that they were separating months before in January (so who knows when they actually decided to separate). I'm not saying it is right but he was no longer with Jennifer. Technically......yes he was still a married man. But also technically Brad and Angie were a couple well before she got pregnant.

09-06-2010
V.I.P.

^Exactly. Technically he was a married man but not in the practical sense.
Only the parties involved know the real details of how it went down...

23-06-2010
V.I.P.

^ Hmm true. That gives more of a reason to stop the angelina bashing though.

26-06-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working Girl View Post
Don't think Brad isn't vain like Jennifer for a second. I liked Angelina before Brad. Remember when she lived a quiet life in England.?? That farmhouse was gorgeous.

I find Julia Roberts aging fantastically. I actually find her more beautiful now than in her prime years and years ago.
I totally agree with you!

I always saw Brad as this vacuous ken doll who had some luck with good films. Post divorce he hasn't done a decent movie or produced anything noteworthy - [as I've said many time on here] other than IG, which he was the most/only annoying + irritating character in a very clever film.

I liked Ange before the scandal. I dont like her anymore for heaps of reasons.

I always enjoy reading this thread for the pro-brange posters. Angelina has a history of pursuing men who are spoken for. Billy Bob? And wasn't that a great success! I see Ange as a woman with major insecurities. I've personally known women who have made it their goal to be with men who have wives or girlfriends. Major insecurities, low self-esteem (or esteem tied up in their looks or youth), absent father or major daddy issues...

And so it happened... But I also see Brad as a seedy stoner who followed his d**k and gave in to lust (not love, as Brange would like us to believe). I think they're both clearly unhappy, depsite what their publicists and staged photographs suggest.

What happened to the big lawsuit against NOTW?

26-06-2010
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yum_yum View Post
Post divorce he hasn't done a decent movie or produced anything noteworthy
Have you seen Jesse James, Burn After Reading or Kick-A**?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
angelina, brad, confirmed, engaged, jolie, news, pitt, update