How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-07-2010
fashion elite

**EDIT**
There are people who can't stand both or are indifferent to Jennifer and hate Angelina.

But I would agree that the people who trash Angelina merely out of 'loyalty' for Aniston are especially pathetic.
Jennifer is a multi-millionaire who lives a pampered and ultra-privileged life, work regularly despite questionable talent and repeated box-office failures and who spend most of the time when she isn't on a movie set tanning her a** on the beaches of Miami of Mexico.

Please, keep your pity and compassion for people who are actually having a hard time.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 20-07-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Referring to deleted post.

20-07-2010
V.I.P.

well said. a more gracious attempt compared to my comment .. ^

20-07-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi View Post
There are people who can't stand both or are indifferent to Jennifer and hate Angelina.

But I would agree that the people who trash Angelina merely out of 'loyalty' for Aniston are especially pathetic.
Jennifer is a multi-millionaire who lives a pampered and ultra-privileged life, work regularly despite questionable talent and repeated box-office failures and who spend most of the time when she isn't on a movie set tanning her a** on the beaches of Miami of Mexico.

Please, keep your pity and compassion for people who are actually having a hard time.

Last edited by iluvjeisa; 20-07-2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Referring to deleted comment.

20-07-2010
V.I.P.

@Harumi: I could not have said it better myself. :p

20-07-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harumi View Post
**EDIT**

20-07-2010
V.I.P.

Harumi - well said!!!

Personally, I think Brad and Angie are fabulous together.

21-07-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet87 View Post
WebowyStegner: You're a Aniston fan if I ever saw one.

Just let it go. Brad and Jennifer are over and have been over for going on 6 years. It's time to move on.

Angelina is always honest with the press (sometimes too honest). She's also one of the most sincere. This is especially evident when she's talking about her family. You can tell she means every single thing she says and that she loves her children and her husband more than life itself. The woman is amazing.
Who said I'm an Aniston fan? I've never mentioned her? I dont even like her. And I've said repeatedly I loathe Brad so there goes your argument... I'm actually a dlisted fan, I think that says enough.

You and WerbowyStegner are hilarious! How dare I criticise Angelina!! I am honestly laughing out loud at the ridiculous responses (although, if you're a teenager then I apologise and take it all back ).

still laughing

Last edited by yum_yum; 21-07-2010 at 09:29 AM.

22-07-2010
fashion elite

Brad and Angelina have won their lawsuits against the News of the World for the article they published in January (which was then picked up by trusted media sources) stating they went to a divorce lawyer and were about to announce their split:
Quote:
"When the News of the World failed to publicly retract the allegations and apologize for them – thereby leaving their readers in the dark as to the true position – the couple felt they had no alternative than to sue. Today's victory marks the end of the litigation brought by Brad and Angelina."
Translation: the story was baseless drivel and they're fine.

22-07-2010
V.I.P.

^I'm not surprised they won at all. They're clearly happy, because if they weren't then they would not be together. Both Angelina and Brad have had mulitiple relationships, so they know how to end it if things are not going well. Obviously children are involved this time, but they both seem better than ever to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yum_yum View Post
Who said I'm an Aniston fan? I've never mentioned her? I dont even like her. And I've said repeatedly I loathe Brad so there goes your argument... I'm actually a dlisted fan, I think that says enough.

You and WerbowyStegner are hilarious! How dare I criticise Angelina!! I am honestly laughing out loud at the ridiculous responses (although, if you're a teenager then I apologise and take it all back ).

still laughing
No. I'm not a teenager. Although I probably should've lied and said I was.
I'm a JustJared fan and over there most Brad/Angelina haters are hardcore Aniston fans. So, that's just my automatic response to anyone who hates Brangelina.

I just don't understand how you can judge someone you don't know so harshly? Angelina is always very honest with the media, not "insincere" at all.

Last edited by sobriquet87; 22-07-2010 at 03:56 PM.

22-07-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet87 View Post

I just don't understand how you can judge someone you don't know so harshly? Angelina is always very honest with the media, not "insincere" at all.
I agree with this. I think it was what yum_yum posted that put some members off..........like she knows Angelina.

22-07-2010
Deep Red Bells

^ But aren't you guys defending her like you know her too?
Like you know for a fact she is a good and sincere person (which, for the record, I think she is) and not just another celeb that tries to look good in the public eye?

I'm not trying to continue an argument by any means.....
I just wonder what it is about this woman that makes people so impassioned.
I find that when discussing Angie on TFS it always get people riled up.

22-07-2010
V.I.P.

im with brokenenglish, though i like angelina a lot, and i do not think that she broke brad and jen apart, we know nothing. i was in shock when i read this:
http://www.scoopcelebrity.com/zeljko...ngelina-jolie/

the script is v. political and makes my people, people of Serbia look like monsters. hello, it was war and she wasn't there. that is pretty shallow from her.... and that raised another question http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=91374

Last edited by m.j.; 22-07-2010 at 06:12 PM.

22-07-2010
V.I.P.

[QUOTE=brokenenglish;7618685]^ But aren't you guys defending her like you know her too?

No,
I don't know her either but really actions speak louder than words. Her foundation and charities sure don't scream insincere to me.

And what you posted m.j.
Really, so many people could go round and round on this.
I for one don't know enough about it to comment. But it's a Hollywood movie, not a documentary and at least she will put the money she earns on this *story* to good use.

22-07-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws View Post
I agree with this. I think it was what yum_yum posted that put some members off..........like she knows Angelina.
Do you not see how this comment is reflected on you too? I am assuming you do not know her either? I see that you're a huge fan but you have to maintain some perspective when you make ridiculous comments like the above.

I choose not to unfailingly idolise hollywood celebs because everything they do say wear work on/with is loaded and planned out to the enth degree.

My mother is a mum (obvs), a working mum, kind, charitable, a volunteer, a shoulder to cry on, she raised three children (& a husband) and did it well. She is not someone who would ever make a BS comment like "I feel sorry for people who've never been in love". Everyone has a mother/father/partner/sibling/granparents/best friend or whoever to show & receive love.

That is why Angelina's comment is pretentious and condescending. I personally think that she thinks if I talk about how much in love I am enough, people will believe it. I dont for a minute doubt she loves her children - but every mother does. But I dont think she and Brad are in love anymore... and I am entitled to voice my opinion here in this thread, just like you are.

22-07-2010
i'm almost ready..

Imagine being Angelina and reading this and realising you can make grown adults fight.. given all the humanitarian work she has done and all the perspective that has most likely given her, this must seem even more ridiculous. in fact, it is even more ridiculous. Whether you like her or not, whatever your thoughts on her, why don't you guys take some of this energy you're expending on this useless debate and direct it to a more meaningful pursuit... e.g. learning something new about the people and communities whose stories deserve to be told..

We could all use a little perspective here.. whatever Angelina's motives, i can bet she is far more educated than most of us on the issues she dedicates herself to, and instead of picking apart her words and choices, i think we'd be better off paying attention to the non-Hollywood situations she involves herself in and debating about those issues... issues that affect millions of people worldwide and that we should be thinking more about. Who cares if she sometimes contradicts herself....don't we all? i know it's the angelina and brad gossip thread but really, there is a point of ridiculousness and i think it's been reached here..

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
angelina, brad, confirmed, engaged, jolie, news, pitt, update