Brad Pitt Hospitalized - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-07-2005
backstage pass

Brad Pitt Hospitalized
In LA for a flu-like illness. I hope he didn't contract malaria or some other disease on his recent trip to Africa.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050712/...mo/people_pitt

- Leo Buscaglia
12-07-2005
V.I.P.

cant help to roll my eyes at the malaria comment, sorry.

to go to africa and actually get a passport, you need to have certain vaccines against preventable diseases and still, you're not allowed to go to certain places or do different stuff that would put your health (and your homecountry's health)on risk.

12-07-2005
NOE
trendsetter

How ironic...Maybe Aniston and him could share a hospital room

backstage pass

Mulletproof -- funny you should mention malaria and getting a passport, vaccinations, etc. -- because I spent a semester in West Africa at the University of Accra in 1998. I took Larium for a few weeks prior to my sojourn and for the entire trip in order to help prevent/fight malaria. Many recent articles have been written about this drug and its effects among the US military recently.

I came down with flu-like symptoms and was quite ill several weeks into the semester. I was taken to a local doctor who said that I had come down with a mild case of malaria, to the best of his knowledge. He explained to me that Larium and many anti-malaria drugs are not 100% effective in preventing malaria but they do help the body fight it off if contracted. I made the comment due to my own experiences in Ghana and did not mean to imply that just because he was in Africa he must have come up with some mysterious illness. Perhaps I should have explained myself more thoroughly. I'll be sure to do so next time. I would never propagate stereotypes, especially about a continent that I feel so much of a connection to.

- Leo Buscaglia
12-07-2005
V.I.P.

good. sorry if i came off as snobbish but i thought you were doing it. wouldnt be the first time.

12-07-2005
Fierce Flava

Well I hope he gets better and hope its not malaria...friend got it volunteering in africa and it was brutal

12-07-2005
backstage pass

Here's a little bit about malaria if anyone is interested: http://www.anytestkits.com/malaria-symptoms.htm

I think it is quite fascinating that malaria can lay dormant for long periods of time in the body before symptoms occur. I hope that Brad is ok so that he can recover quickly and be back with his new "family" soon!

- Leo Buscaglia
12-07-2005
trendsetter

hope he gets better soon.

fashion elite

It was bound to happen sooner or later: Angelina gave him coodies :p

13-07-2005
tfs star

I love me some Brad Pitt.

Get better soon!

13-07-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof
cant help to roll my eyes at the malaria comment, sorry.

to go to africa and actually get a passport, you need to have certain vaccines against preventable diseases and still, you're not allowed to go to certain places or do different stuff that would put your health (and your homecountry's health)on risk.
That's not 100% true. You take the vaccines and drugs at your own will. Those vaccines are only suggested and If you choose not to take them its at your own risk. I know of many people including myself who went to Africa without any vaccines.

You don't need any vaccines to get a passport either.

On that note, if any of you go to India get all the vaccines and drugs you can get! If not you'll be in the bathroom 24/7!

Last edited by CelineChic; 13-07-2005 at 10:33 AM.
13-07-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjane
It was bound to happen sooner or later: Angelina gave him coodies :p

backstage pass

I wonder if it is really serious--some stars go into the hospital if they have a cold. But mention hospital and the rumors fly
Anyway hope he is better soon!

13-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineChic
That's not 100% true. You take the vaccines and drugs at your own will. Those vaccines are only suggested and If you choose not to take them its at your own risk. I know of many people including myself who went to Africa without any vaccines.

You don't need any vaccines to get a passport either.

On that note, if any of you go to India get all the vaccines and drugs you can get! If not you'll be in the bathroom 24/7!
I'm quite sure that pretty much depends on your country then, where i come from, you dont get permission to go to africa unless you're vaccined, i know that because my aunt was there a few months ago and she had to get them 2 weeks before the trip in case of side effects.

13-07-2005
Naturellement pulpeuse

Quote:

Mulletproof -- funny you should mention malaria and getting a passport, vaccinations, etc. -- because I spent a semester in West Africa at the University of Accra in 1998. I took Larium for a few weeks prior to my sojourn and for the entire trip in order to help prevent/fight malaria. Many recent articles have been written about this drug and its effects among the US military recently.
I wasy on 'Loopy' Larium for about a month and I did experience LSD-like effects. Not nice.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brad, hospitalized, pitt