How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-09-2006
tfs star

Who? Never heard of Kasabian. Maybe I'm just out of the loop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunabella
however, i don't see any reason to attack him by calling him a midget (he is 6'1".....)
Agreed. It makes no sense that they're calling him a midget. And what's with the tasteless jokes- "Sexyback more like hairy back". Yeah, not funny and again, it makes NO SENSE! Do they even know who Justin Timberlake is? Obviously they've never seen him before.

Sounds like a ploy to cause controversey to me.

02-09-2006
front row

Ouch! That is one harsh comment!

"When your life goes up in smoke, then you know it's time for a promotion" --Nigel in The Devil Wears Prada.
02-09-2006
V.I.P.

LOL, I don't think they mean midget in literal terms. I think it's about his talent or lack of, they probably say he's a midget when it comes to making music, aka not good.

I kinda like some music on Timberlake's new album, but not because of him. The beats are good and lyrics are cool, none of which can be attributed to Timberlake. As for Justin himself, I agree with them. I don't think he's talented, and I hate how he's trying to be this tough guy, and then that high pitch voice. And yeah, I dislike him.

03-09-2006
barcode

As much as I dislike him, I have to say that their tactless and childish insults make me like them far less than Timberlake.

Besides, he started young trying to become a singer so I doubt he's only in it for money.

03-09-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
i agree that justin is in it for the money. he has barely any talent and relies fully on producers to create his inane tracks. plus, he is not attractive, in my opinion (i don't like feminine men).
however, i don't see any reason to attack him by calling him a midget (he is 6'1", and even if he were short, why does height matter?) or calling him someone "who is trying to be black," as if being black is a bad thing.

so f**k kasabian. no one asked you for your opinion.
I have to agree.

03-09-2006
V.I.P.

I used to like Kasabian. But then apparently having one hit song and dedicating your only one video to an obscure Czech revolutinary calls for self-righteousness.

Timberlake is pop, but he is good pop. Just because he's in one bracket doesn't mean that they have to insult him and with the words that they used. They just looked pretentious.

03-09-2006
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouroclock
Timberlake is pop, but he is good pop. Just because he's in one bracket doesn't mean that they have to insult him and with the words that they used. They just looked pretentious.
Exactly. Justin Timberlake may not be the best singer out there, but there is no denying that he is a talented performer. He's a pop artist, and pop is all about the spectacle, he's got that covered well.

03-09-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof
yeah. the pot calling the kettle black.
right on, haha. I can't believe I'm defending Justin Timberlake, but I'd take him over those talentless s any day :p

V.I.P.

i like neither of the two...

03-09-2006
V.I.P.

I think Kasabian are slightly contradicting themselves, they are slightly like puppets, dressing that certain "emo" or whatever it is look trying to be "cool". Of course artists do it for the money...its just a silly attack. Im on neither side.

03-09-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundodabolsa
Exactly. Justin Timberlake may not be the best singer out there, but there is no denying that he is a talented performer. He's a pop artist, and pop is all about the spectacle, he's got that covered well.
I'm denying he's talented (in my opinion of course) His voice is nails on a chalkboard to me, and his dancing reminds me of a seizure-ridden jellyfish on a slip 'n' slide - it all makes me very uncomfortable.

I also hate Kasabian though, and think they're untalented muppets as well, and just trying to get publicity. And as much "in it for the money" as any other person with a record contract.

backstage pass

Oh come on this is hilarious, its about time someone said it!! he is all about the money and the fame not about the music. GO KASABIAN GO

fashion elite

Dumb losers. Look who'ss talking. Have you people heard their horrible CD?
JT is an average singer with average songs. But I have to say that his Sexyback track is a killer on the dance floor, so let him be.

Last edited by Harumi; 03-09-2006 at 10:20 AM.
03-09-2006
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunabella
...however, i don't see any reason to attack him by calling him a midget (he is 6'1", and even if he were short, why does height matter?) or calling him someone "who is trying to be black," as if being black is a bad thing.

so f**k kasabian. no one asked you for your opinion.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm no Timberlake fan, but such derogatory remarks are never OK.

~Madeleine Albright
03-09-2006
V.I.P.

I only dislike Timberlake now for boasting about drug use and commending Kate Moss on hers. He's a doorknob.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
attack, brit, midget, rockers, timberlake, whiskers