How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-01-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Carine Roitfeld to Join Alexander Wang at Balenciaga? *Update* Confirmed to be Untrue
Carine Roitfeld to Join Alexander Wang at Balenciaga?

Carine Roitfeld, one of Alexander Wang's most longstanding and fervent supporters, will reportedly take on the role of stylist for Balenciaga now that Wang is at the helm, says Grazia. This partnership, if true, makes more sense than anything about Wang at Balenciaga so far. Roitfeld and Wang are old pals, and in addition to squiring each other around and participating in each other's projects, Roitfeld has lots of connections in Paris and could help Wang secure his footing there. She's also an ideal person to help adapt his aesthetic for the European landscape.

But if Roitfeld took over styling duties at Balenciaga, this means she'd replace their longtime stylist Marie-Amélie Sauvé, who has styled all of Nicolas Ghesquière's shows and campaigns for years. Last February, Sauvé told us that she loves Wang, explaining, "he's very fresh and cool, and doesn't try too hard," so presumably they're on good terms as well. On one hand, it's understandable that Wang would want to bring in his own help, but on the other, axing Sauvé would signal an even bigger overhaul of the brand.

nymag.com

08-01-2013
fashion elite

When I think about MAS I think of Balenciaga. It would be very awkward without her.

08-01-2013
V.I.P.

I actually wish he would stay with Karl Templer, but I suppose Carine would be equally great.

V.I.P.

Ah, low blow for Nicolas.. as if having Wang replace you wasn't traumatizing enough for anyone.

Some Like It Hot

I would have presumed that with Nicolas departure Marie-Amelié would have followed... because when I think of M.A.S at Balenciaga I think of her partnership with Nicolas...

After the whole story of why VP were axed from the guest list at Balenciaga shows I find this a bit odd...

backstage pass

^Agreed. Plus, I don't think Roitfeld suits the Balenciaga image.

08-01-2013
Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

^^^ But neither does Wang...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
I would have presumed that with Nicolas departure Marie-Amelié would have followed... because when I think of M.A.S at Balenciaga I think of her partnership with Nicolas...

After the whole story of why VP were axed from the guest list at Balenciaga shows I find this a bit odd...
That's what I was thinking. I assumed he would bring Karl Templer in with him, but I could understand him bringing in Carine.

09-01-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Update: We’ve just got word from a very reliable source that this rumor is 100% untrue. Shucks.
fashionista.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alexander, balenciaga, carine, confirmed, join, roitfeld, untrue, update, wang