How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-12-2010
fashion insider

What a loss for Vogue! Why did she leave? What on earth could be better than being Vogue Paris` editor!?!

19-12-2010
V.I.P.

^She left because she has other projects to work on from what I understood.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almudena View Post
But of course! Here goes (at plurielles):

now Jennifer Eymčre at Vogue Paris ? I would d-i-e and protest on Fb St Honoré ...
Alexandra Senes, on the contrary ... Why Not ... she isn't @ Jalouse anymore ... So that could be a good gossip ...
But isn't she working for Grazia FR, now ?

19-12-2010
French Chic

Here is Trendland's take on the whole thing.

Quote:
Our inside sources in Paris have leeked some information about Carine’s departure from French Vogue, and though she may be pursing personal interests it seems her exit was not all that voluntary. Our sources have revealed that she was fired as a cause of not complying with a request from LVMH group for the December issue. Apparently LVMH wanted a full issue takeover for December but Carine preferred collaborating with friend and long time collaborator Tom Ford. So it seems LVMH boss gave Conde Nast boss a call and an ultimatum, her or us…OUCH!!!!! Though our source is quite reliable we are still treating this as speculation and will let you know as soon as something concrete is confirmed.
trendland.net

backstage pass

Anyone familiar with the site? is it credible?

19-12-2010
fashion icon

Quote:

I also find it very disheartening that Wintour is constantly thrown about as a cautionary tale of "staying too long". American Vogue to me is currently has the freshest casting, content, and articles.

I agree. I know it's popular on TFS to think VP is the end all be all and that all American magazines suck but for the past year or so US Vogue has had more variety and better content and editorials. I feel Carine's work is overrated. It's nice that she made cigarettes and nudity standard in editorials but it became so repetitive that it was almost a cliche in her latter years. Also to me it seems she and her team became "celebrities" and were promoting themselves and their designer favorites at the expense of objectivity.

I guess I'm saying don't let the door hit you on the way out Carine. Hope the new editor can inject something fresh and new into VP.

19-12-2010
MON
V.I.P.

Well if that`s the case (her being fired), SHAME ON YOU Conde Nast! Prove them wrong Carine.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post

trendland.net
Wow. This certainly would explain her abrupt departure. How petty and ridiculous! If this is the real reason, which it quite possibly is considering the quick manner of the situation, then I can't help but be disgusted. Snipping the life support of the most influential fashion magazine in the world over one issue?

Looking Up

I think it's unfair to just dismiss Carine like a bad employee, she really managed to transform VP into something more exciting. I mean the magazine is in French yet I buy it just because the photographs were so good (even though I dislike Terry Richardson). To me that's quite admirable. Sometimes I wonder if a French speaker would do the same for American Vogue.

And I think it's time people laid off Anna W. US Vogue's content might not be the most fun-filled, but it's a fashion magazine and I recognize it as just that. I get the feeling people pick on Anna W because she's "mean" and "cold" and "bitchy", not because of her actual work. Carine was cool, but it kinda got to the point where her coolness was overshadowing her work.

19-12-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Our inside sources in Paris have leeked some information about Carine’s departure from French Vogue, and though she may be pursing personal interests it seems her exit was not all that voluntary. Our sources have revealed that she was fired as a cause of not complying with a request from LVMH group for the December issue. Apparently LVMH wanted a full issue takeover for December but Carine preferred collaborating with friend and long time collaborator Tom Ford. So it seems LVMH boss gave Conde Nast boss a call and an ultimatum, her or us…OUCH!!!!! Though our source is quite reliable we are still treating this as speculation and will let you know as soon as something concrete is confirmed.
honetly I prefer this explanation. and somehow I would actually see a whole LVMH issue rather than that trashy ford mishap. no wonder they're angry at her...

Looking Up

Quote:

trendland.net
Stuff like this was BOUND to surface. It sounds reasonable but I'm still suspicious. Is LVMH really that cruel? I mean Carine has done them favours in the past and just because of one stuff-up she gets the chop? Sounds kinda farfetched.
Or am I stupid and don't know that Carine and LVMH are worst enemies? lol

19-12-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
trendland.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by markese91 View Post
Anyone familiar with the site? is it credible?
It is a fairly established fashion (and other stuff) blog. My knee jerk reaction is that the blogger is not lying / spinning, but the person speaking to the blogger is possibly spinning. I find it hard to completely believe that a holding company, if only for PR purposes, would demand that an editor, dedicate an issue exclusively to its fashion lines and then would go as far as demand that the editor be fired for not complying, BUT I do believe that a holding company would have a problem with an issue that features little or none of their fashion lines, yet heavily features another design house because that is tantamount to them funding a lookbook of what may become a future rival.

ETA:
For those with the issue, what other designers were featured? I know that it has a lot of accessories. Did LVMH have its same level of ads?

ETA2:
The in me is over the possible drama!

Last edited by agee; 19-12-2010 at 11:14 AM.
19-12-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by get fashion View Post
Olivier!
If you are talking about Zahm. I'll kill myself if that man gets that job. Worst nightmare eveeeer!!

So sad Carine leaves Vogue Paris
I liked her a lot!

19-12-2010
fashion icon

At the end of the day magazines are a business.VP circulation seems really small for such an esteemed publication (150,000?). Maybe the owners felt it was time to get someone in who could appeal to more readers and further increase circulation.

19-12-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loladonna View Post
At the end of the day magazines are a business.VP circulation seems really small for such an esteemed publication (150,000?). Maybe the owners felt it was time to get someone in who could appeal to more readers and further increase circulation.
totally agree with you. and december is the GOLD month of they year, when everybody shops gifts etc... I feel that the ford issue was a real let down on both sides.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alt, carine, editorinchief, emmanuelle, leaves, named, paris, roitfeld, update, vogue