How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Caf / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-12-2010
backstage pass

At the end of the day I wouldn't discount this as what happened. I mean... this is the fashion industry. And to be honest, I wouldn't fault LVMH nor Conde Nast. As I've stated before i think Carine is a great stylist and a good editor but I'm just not sure she does numbers well and although we may love Vogue Paris for the editorial content... at the end of the day we represent a small percentage of the population and there aren't many people like us that aren't on here. I don't think that our support for VP is indicative of the world at large. For example, none of my friends outside of fashion even know there's a Parisian version of Vogue.

EDIT:bwahaha loladonna and I said the same thing at the same time!!

Last edited by markese91; 19-12-2010 at 11:14 AM.

19-12-2010
Looking Up

I still wonder if Anna W had something to do with it. Would she have enough power to influence those kinds of decisions?

19-12-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

whatever lvmh wants....

trendsetter

For those of you who think Emmanuelle Alt will take over, I just really don't see it happening. If anything, Emmanuelle will leave the magazine and pursue her consulting jobs on a more full-time scale. I have a feeling that the magazine will go through a full revamp under a totally different new team, which makes me physically ill to think about but will probably be the outcome in the end.

trendsetter

^ i don't think so, what motives would she have,.. even though she's clearly the most influential editor in fashion today and has power and connections, but if that would be true i find it to be cruel.

wasn't the calendar for 2011 with Daria Werbowy sponsored by LV jewellery?

backstage pass

Lol well Anna could've pushed LVMH to push Carine cuz Anna knew she wouldn't do it... that would be too much though right?? who knows bwahahha.

19-12-2010
trendsetter

Out of all the candidates that have been thrown into the pile of possible successors, I really don't think many of them are likely. Virgine Mouzat is the front-runner in my opinion. From what I have read in the past, she has been eyeing the position for a long while, and I could totally see her fighting tooth over nail for it. Furthermore, I really don't see a man or a non-French person taking the position, which disqualifies Fabien Baron, Stephen Gan and Aliona Doletskaya, all strong candidates. In the end, the possibilities are endless, though, so who knows who will become the next editor-in-chief of Vogue Paris and what their team will look like.

We just need to keep in mind that this decision was abrupt and they need to find the best candidate in the quickest amount of time.

V.I.P.

Didn't something go down a while back and there were no LV ads in one of the Vogue September issues? I don't know if that was an LV thing or an LVMH thing.

19-12-2010
V.I.P.

I'm half and half. Yes it is a sad and I'll miss her but I'm kind of looking forward to a change. I haven't really enjoyed VP this year. Dec/Jan issue was awful.

Carine working with Tom would be awesome. I hope we still see her around fashion week time. I will miss outfit opportunities. Also I wouldn't be suprised either if Emmanuelle left too.

I also hope that whoever replaces her is someone within the fashion industry who has worked on magazines, paid their dues and actually deserves the postion and not some socialite or hack who doesn't get it.

19-12-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeijames View Post
whatever lvmh wants....
I would commit suicide if I had to choose Carine vs. LVMH. But I guess I'd choose LVMH, dont wanna get chased down the street by their people and be burnt alive

19-12-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
I still wonder if Anna W had something to do with it. Would she have enough power to influence those kinds of decisions?
I was wondering the same, when I first saw the news on Telegraph the first thing that came to my mind was a rumor I saw on Erika Palomino about Carine talking sh*t about Anna and then trying to appologize to Anna at the Fashion Week and Anna telling her to shut up because that wasn't the place to talk abou that. Not that I think that was true, or that Carine did exactly that, but after the news I kind of think Anna could have something to do with it!

here is the post from Erika Palomino

BTW, the post is from 2008, so probably is not the actual reason but if they had a fight two years ago, who knows, maybe they had a bigger fight this year.

backstage pass

I just want to reiterate that tom ford kinda nixed the idea of he and Carine working together...

19-12-2010
When in doubt, wear red.

WOW the LVMH thing is quite story!!!!! I think it's a bit too far fetched, I don't think Bernard Arnault would do this to Carine just for one issue. And wasn't the 2011 Calendar dedicated to the new LV jewelry line ????? Moreover, Carine has been a huge supporter of LVMH designers from Marc to Riccardo passing by Phoebe and John.
On the other hand, we all know fashion is business and a tough world so who knows.

V.I.P.

Was the calendar sponsored by LVMH, which means LVMH forked over even more money than they usually do (unless they cut back on its other ads) or was it an editorial / creative decision to feature the jewelry?

19-12-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

to be a fly on the wall when an arnault calls up a newhouse.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alt, carine, editorinchief, emmanuelle, leaves, named, paris, roitfeld, update, vogue