How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-12-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
"Carine should never have been appointed editor-in-chief—just fashion director," one source tells us. "She is only a stylist, not a politician or a writer."
I actually agree and this became even more evident when Fabien Baron left the magazine. They obviously went downhill after Carine has lost some sort of guidance (or "control" perhaps?) over maintaining the balance of the magazine. I feel like VP post-Fabien was gimmicky just for the sake of garnering publicity. She had it coming really...

Quote:
WWD: People say you have continued to work as a consultant on the side, so presumably you will be continuing that work?
C.R.: I don’t do any consulting work or advertising. I was the muse of Tom Ford and Gucci for years, but that was a long time ago. There have always been these false rumors.
It seems like it was just yesterday when she admitted styling for most of the Paris shows but didn't want to get credited as to not appear "biased".

20-12-2010
rising star

Everything is about money. And if it's not, it's about big money. That's all. I must say that I have never liked Carine. Especially everything about Balenciaga and etc. I think that she didn't know what to do in some situations.

21-12-2010
trendsetter

Part of me wants Virginie Mouzat to be the new EIC so I can save tons of money every month instead of buying the magazine .

Last edited by vavavinny; 21-12-2010 at 12:37 AM.
21-12-2010
Ère de ℳodernité

I'd really trust Ms Mouzat. She is a smart woman and could bring a sort of intellectual approach to the magazine. Moreover, if Condé/whoever asked for that wants more "timeless fashion", I'm sure she could be good at that. I'd love to see a quieter approach of chic. SM, old people kissing, over-exposed female intimacy and babies thrown in the air were fun for 10 years, but it's getting old, tired and cliché.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavinny View Post
Part of me wants Virginie Mouzat to be the new EIC so I can save tons of money every month instead of buying the magazine .

Hahaha, that's the beauty of different tastes, in my case is exactly the opposite, Vogue Paris hasn't seen a eurocent from me in ages.
I have high hopes for this to change from April and on.

21-12-2010
front row

O wow...
I still like Carine, as woman and as stylist.
yea VP is kind of stale and cliché, (even though i love that aesthetic etc and those same models been used over and over...) i'm looking forward something new and maybe unexpected,
but please keep Eniko and Daphne G. and that monsieur Nicolas won't be angry anymore with the new editor ~ ~ LOL...

21-12-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefrenchy View Post
I'd really trust Ms Mouzat. She is a smart woman and could bring a sort of intellectual approach to the magazine. Moreover, if Condé/whoever asked for that wants more "timeless fashion", I'm sure she could be good at that. I'd love to see a quieter approach of chic. SM, old people kissing, over-exposed female intimacy and babies thrown in the air were fun for 10 years, but it's getting old, tired and cliché.

I agree with every word you wrote. I cannot believe how people could describe Paris Vogue of the last few years as "chic" (much less "Parisian chic") when it was just about blatant flashing exhibitionism for the sake of provocation (translating to cheap shot easy $$$).

21-12-2010
fashion insider

I cannot believe people see as a bad thing the fact Carine was unrestrained and didn't pander to everyone's interests. That's exactly what made VP unique it's a rarity nowdays.

21-12-2010
Ère de ℳodernité

^I don't think people see it as a bad thing. Well, I don't. It's just that I grew tired of it. Provocation is good when it's thought about. While VP had many incredible yet provocative editorials; you can't deny there were a hell lot that were provocative for the sake of being provocative, showed over-used concepts and/or untasteful things.

MON
V.I.P.

Well that story makes more sense. But she did mention that she's NOT leaving Conde Nast right? I just hope the new EIC is better

V.I.P.

according to someone from l'Express (a french newspaper) Jennifer Eymère from Jalouse was approached to take the role.

backstage pass

I honestly think someone pressured her a lot to resign.. which basically means she was fired.
I understand she wasn't everyone's favorite (especially not Conde Nast's) but god, she rocked Vogue Paris!

backstage pass

maybe she'll continue contributing to Vogue Paris as a stylist. That would be nice.... unless well Balenciaga doesn't like that.

21-12-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by markese91 View Post
maybe she'll continue contributing to Vogue Paris as a stylist. That would be nice.... unless well Balenciaga doesn't like that.
I hope so! But I doubt they really want her in their team, lol

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentalicious View Post
according to someone from l'Express (a french newspaper) Jennifer Eymère from Jalouse was approached to take the role.
Hahaha, she's a young girl barely over 30 years old, the daughter of Marie-José Jalou, president of Editions Jalou.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alt, carine, editorinchief, emmanuelle, leaves, named, paris, roitfeld, update, vogue