How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-01-2011
Fat Karl

I hope this is a temporary, quick-fix solution...Alt is a complete joke. Her aesthetic is tired, one-note and repetitive. Balmain is over, and Emmanuelle has fallen with it...she has no business being the editor of Vogue Paris.

10-01-2011
In Bloom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
When this happened exactly? Do you mean Daphne Groeneveld and this cover? I don't see her dressed as prostitute...
Yep. That's what they look like where I live. Less pretty, though. That picture is just wrong on every level.

we were in love

10-01-2011
tFS STAFF

Today on the tFS homepage: Emmanuelle Alt to Helm Vogue Paris (including a link to this forum in the article...)

10-01-2011
V.I.P.

oh Karl Lagerfeld, how I adore you. I absolutely love his quote - he cut it right to the point, straight no chaser

Quote:
Karl Lagerfeld, who enlisted Alt to style Chanel advertising campaigns years ago, said Alt has a strong fingerprint, which could be a double-edged sword.

“Her style is her big shoulders, long legs, tight jeans, sleeves up to the elbow, one hip out,” the designer said. “I personally like her. She’s a handsome French woman. She has a style, but is it enough to make a whole magazine?”

Lagerfeld said he would reserve judgment until Alt has produced a few issues, and he held out hope she would bring change, the engine of fashion. “As editor in chief, she may blossom,” he said.

10-01-2011
!

chanel is blacklisted! quick, somebody help Emmanuelle spell blacklist. :p

10-01-2011
backstage pass

-.- I would've laughed but I didn't see the humor.

10-01-2011
windowshopping

Grace Coddington for EIC!
Grace Coddington should be eic of French Vogue. Not only would she rock the position, BUT it would also lead to the undoing of Anna Wintour.

10-01-2011
DÔMMkammern

^^ not to sound harsh, but what exactly do yo mean by undoing?

10-01-2011
backstage pass

I love Grace dearly but I don't think she would do well in an EIC role.

10-01-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkammern View Post
^^ not to sound harsh, but what exactly do yo mean by undoing?
You don't sound harsh at all! I appreciate you calling me out.

I think Anna's work at US Vogue is tired and boring. The incessant covers (and editorials) of starlets is old and not inspiring in the least. I'm ready for a new EIC at US Vogue, but Anna seems like she'll never leave. "The September Issue", to me, showed how crucial Grace is in providing AW with some semblance of challenge, which results is some exciting editorials. The mag could be and do so much more... If GC were to leave, that leaves Anna without anyone to really challenge her and the magazine will devolve even more, resulting in her departure to "spend more time with her family"

10-01-2011
backstage pass

you have to understand that as much as anna needs grace, grace needs anna. Just like Anna admits that no one can tell the future of fashion and where the trends are going, and that no one can make a photographer take a better realized photo, while grace hated it, anna saw the fascination with celebrity culture and capitalized on it. Anna sees, knows, and understands the business of fashion in ways that are unprecedented... i mean who got Tom Ford first???

10-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
I hope this is a temporary, quick-fix solution...Alt is a complete joke. Her aesthetic is tired, one-note and repetitive. Balmain is over, and Emmanuelle has fallen with it...she has no business being the editor of Vogue Paris.
You took the words right of my mouth.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
oh Karl Lagerfeld, how I adore you. I absolutely love his quote - he cut it right to the point, straight no chaser

w o w ...
the woman is not yet in her position, and she already receives public humiliation from the King of Fashion ...

quick quick ... CN's PR says something back to Herr Lagerfeld ...

11-01-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by markese91 View Post
you have to understand that as much as anna needs grace, grace needs anna. Just like Anna admits that no one can tell the future of fashion and where the trends are going, and that no one can make a photographer take a better realized photo, while grace hated it, anna saw the fascination with celebrity culture and capitalized on it. Anna sees, knows, and understands the business of fashion in ways that are unprecedented... i mean who got Tom Ford first???
Well but since I'm part of the public, and not one of Vogue's bosses, I couldn't care less for the fact she's a good businesswomen, US Vogue is simply and utterly insipid. That's what what happens when you have at the helm of a mag someone with the taste of an Hamptons housewife.

11-01-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dior_couture1245 View Post
I agree.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alt, carine, editorinchief, emmanuelle, leaves, named, paris, roitfeld, update, vogue