How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Caf / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-12-2010

What happens to Emmanuel Alt then? Is there any chance that she takes her place? I really hope not.. I hope it will have more diversity with models and photographers and less sexuality.

17-12-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefrenchy View Post
According to Vogue.co.uk, she's leaving at the end of January and we should know who's going to replace her in the coming weeks.

If she leaves at the end of January, that means the last VP under her should be... Feb? March?
It might be March issue, but we may see few eds styled by her (or shot during her period) in next issues as well, like it happened in VR's case, when Aliona left in August and new editor's first issue is January.

17-12-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
^^WOW Balenciaga will be back in VP!!!! looooooool
lol

17-12-2010
Rhoda Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'ador-DioR View Post
Good riddance. Atleast now we won't have to see the same models, styled the same way, shot by the same photographers, favouring a handful of designers in every single issue
Finally somebody says what many people thinks!!!! Now we won't see the same models (Poly, Raquel, Lily) month after month

17-12-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post
This year has got to be the worst in Fashion. French Vogue has lost a great Editor and a Stylist as well. I don`t know what to say. Please let this be a dream.
you mean a nightmare..

17-12-2010
rising star

You know, i'm really sad, but i'm so excited to find out who the new EIC is going to be at the same time! SO EXCITED!

17-12-2010
V.I.P.

Mother!@#$%^&*() Is this for real? I'M DEVASTATED! I just can't believe it. Why would she leave the magazine that she has been editing for a decade now and that has so many followers. I'm just...I don't know.

MON
V.I.P.

Quote:
Carine Roitfeld Resigns From French Vogue
By BY CATHY HORYN
In a surprise move, Carine Roitfeld said Friday she will step down as editor in chief of French Vogue at the end of January.

“It’s 10 years that I’m editor of the magazine,” Ms. Roitfeld, one of the most influential editors in the fashion business, said in a telephone interview. “I think it’s time to do something different.”

She informed Jonathan Newhouse, the chief executive of Conde Nast International, that she wished to pursue other projects. “I have no problem with Jonathan, and he understood me very well,” Ms. Roitfeld said of her ideas for the magazine, which featured bold photography and expressed a cool, physical, erotic fashion ideal.

Ms. Roitfeld often did the styling for photo shoots. “I had so much freedom to do everything I wanted. I think I did a good job.” But she added, “When everything is good, maybe I think it’s the time to do something else.” She expects to complete issues through March. She said she was not sure what she would do after that. “I have no plan at all,” she said.

On British Vogue’s Web site, Mr. Newhouse said, “It’s impossible to overstate Carine’s powerful contribution to Vogue and to the fields of fashion and magazine publishing. Under her direction Vogue Paris received record levels of circulation and advertising and editorial success.”
Runway Blogs

V.I.P.

I'm not shocked by this at all, VP has been horrible in the last year, and it does need a change, hopefully its not the case of W, and it gets even more run down into the ground by the new eic!

17-12-2010
V.I.P.

This is bad news, VP is the only edition of Vogue that truly dares and now with Alyona leaving the Russian edition -- I'm scared for the future of VP. Carine was just always ahead of the curve.

Still, I'm also thinking that Anna Wintour may finally be on the way out...I would not be surprised to see Carine replace her. Just putting it out there.

17-12-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'ador-DioR View Post
Good riddance. Atleast now we won't have to see the same models, styled the same way, shot by the same photographers, favouring a handful of designers in every single issue
exactly, hopefully a lot of the new faces will get good chances

17-12-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueElle Addict View Post
Finally somebody says what many people thinks!!!! Now we won't see the same models (Poly, Raquel, Lily) month after month
I agree. It's sad of course, but VP needs a change inmediatly, always the same models, the same clothes, so, Im really thrill to know what's going to happen.

17-12-2010
MON
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
This is bad news, VP is the only edition of Vogue that truly dares and now with Alyona leaving the Russian edition -- I'm scared for the future of VP. Carine was just always ahead of the curve.

Still, I'm also thinking that Anna Wintour may finally be on the way out...I would not be surprised to see Carine replace her. Just putting it out there.
That`s what I`m thinking too. Maybe Something New meant American Vogue. She resigned from Vogue Paris not from Conde Nast right?

windowshopping

So Emmanuelle will obviously take over.

17-12-2010
V.I.P.

Why most of you are expecting that new eic won't have own favorites and current ones will be replaced by them? But I guess we're all full of optimism.

If the reason is real and Conde Nast likes VP at the moment and they don't want radical changes, there's big chance for Alt.

Last edited by tarsha; 17-12-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alt, carine, editorinchief, emmanuelle, leaves, named, paris, roitfeld, update, vogue