How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-12-2010
fashion elite

WOW OMG I wasn't a fan of Carine or Vogue Paris these recent years (i'm more excited by Italian and American Vogue's contents and powerful editors-in-chiefs that are Sozzani and Wintour) but still she's been hugely influential and an amazing contributor to the magazine and it's really a shock I think for everybody, since it's very sudden and since people thought she was going to take the helms of US Vogue after Wintour would decide to retire. But yeah it is what it is: but I'm very curious to know who will be named editor-in-chief! Let's hope the mag won't suffer the change that Russian Vogue has these days.

17-12-2010
V.I.P.

Anna or Emmanuelle would be interesting choices...

17-12-2010
backstage pass

Oh.my.god
I might as well cry.

windowshopping

I wish Grace Coddington would replace her...

17-12-2010
V.I.P.

Something I really don't want to see happening with VP is celebs on the cover. I will cry if that happens, hope it will keep it's soul.

17-12-2010
trendsetter

I can see Fabien Baron/Karl Templer taking the position. Remember when Carine assumed the direction of Vogue Hommes International? Baron & Templer were interested in VHI but then greedy Carine also managed to grab it.

But my dream choice would be Nicole Wisniak

17-12-2010
V.I.P.

For Carine's next moves, my fantasy football scenario, emphasis on the word fantasy as I don't know all of the personalities and politics of the situation, is that Carine follows in Liz Tilberus' footsteps and comes to the US and takes over either Elle or Harper's Bazaar (preferably Elle). To me, being part of the U.S. publishing scene will be the best of both worlds, she will have a big budget to operate to serve a big market, but at the same time having to serve the puritanical US readership will serve as a check for her baser tendencies, not that the US publishing scene cannot stand to be sexed up a bit, but just not to the level that she was operating at VP. She probably cannot take a position at another magazine right away, so I am fine with her spending a year or so free-lancing for other publications or helping Tom Ford build his empire.

17-12-2010
I don't know

I don't want her to move to the US market, it seems to draw every ounce of creativity out of you.

17-12-2010
trendsetter

I would actually like to see Slimane behind Vogue, but I think the one who has more posibilities is Emmanuelt... (or Giovanna, because of her "connections" and her similarities to old Carine)... At this time Vogue just needs someone to make the trasation into another big visionaire... but in the meantime, just someone else that continues in line with Carine's perspective. tough decision!

trendsetter

devastated to say the least , i know VP had a dry year, but there were really good issues, just a few minutes ago i was browsing through my VP collection looking at some Gemma editorials, i'm feeling blue.
i don't want any of those people on that list in charge of VP, Alt would be the first choice but i think the result would be boring as hell.
i like the idea of a male editor in chief for VP, my choice would be Fabien Baron, but he's doing amazing things with Interview, so....other guesses...
i too find it really weird, the time of leaving, after the whole magazine redesign, and the font changes, i think february is the last issue, just like feb. was her first issue.
it would be great if Marie-Amélie Sauvé would return to VP.

V.I.P.

I hope she will take over American Vogue?

17-12-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyeyes View Post
i think february is the last issue, just like feb. was her first issue.
March will be her last issue...

17-12-2010
In Bloom

Anna W would be so wrong for VP.

we were in love

17-12-2010
trendsetter

^ thank you tarsha , so i guess we gain one more month, i hope she will give us amazing content in these last 2 months, a worthy farewell issue.

V.I.P.

well, you either die a hero, or live long enough to be a villain (aka Anna Wintour) lol

I thought it was weird how VP had a 90 yr. anniversary special instead of a 100 year, so now that she is resigning, it all makes a bit more sense. and yes, I think this year was repetitive in terms of models, but I can't comment on the article content as I don't read VP.

I think it's nice of her to bow out respectively, even though I will miss her certain sexy touch that she brought to the magazine. I hope the Tom Ford rumors are true actually.

as for who's next for the EIC position at VP, I PRAY it's not Alt, because I'm not sure how much I could stand seeing Balmain blazers and leather pants by Marant every single issue.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alt, carine, editorinchief, emmanuelle, leaves, named, paris, roitfeld, update, vogue