How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
New York PR sues for $1million after being slapped by French journalist over seating issues at Zac Posen fashion show
By SADIE WHITELOCKS

A top New York PR is reportedly suing a French magazine editor for $1million, after she slapped her in the face over seating issues at a Zac Posen fashion show.
According to the New York Daily News Lynn Tesoro filed a claim against Jalouse editor Jennifer Eymere in Manhattan Supreme Court less than 72 hours after the incident, accusing her of counts of assault, battery, emotional distress and slander.
Defending her actions Ms Eymere previously told WWD that she was not trying to hurt Ms Tesoro, but trying to humiliate her in front of her colleagues.

Around 30 minutes before Zac Posen's spring / summer presentation was due to start on Sunday fire marshals were forced to pull 60 seats from the Avery Fisher Hall venue due to overcrowding.
And according to WWD Jennifer Eymere, of Paris-based Jalouse magazine, was so infuriated when she was left standing that she lashed out at the show's public relations manager Lynn Tesoro.

Ms Eymere was at the event with her sister Vanessa Bellugeon and mother Marie-José Susskind-Jalou - president of Jalou publishing house.
She told WWD that her temper got the better of her when Ms Tesoro started being inappropriate to her mother.
'I said, ‘Don’t speak to my mom like this. You have to stop to speak like that.’ I said, ‘Be careful, I am going to slap you,’ and she kept doing it, and it just happened.

‘Now you know you don’t f*** with French people,' she said.
She added that she was sorry for the incident and she didn't mean to hurt Ms Tesoro.
'It was just to humiliate her. She humiliated my mom, and I humiliated her in front of her crew. Voilà. I just said at the end.'
WWD reports that Tesoro confirmed the incident happened, but declined to comment further, meanwhile Mr Posen sent a note to Ms Eymere apologising for the crowding.
Since launching his self-titled label just over a decade ago Zac Posen has become one of New York's go-to designers and his shows attract a wealth of industry players.
The old-Hollywood glamour of his evening looks has made him a firm favourite with a number of leading ladies including Natalie Portman, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Beyoncé.
As well as the seating debacle there was also a 40 minute delay said to have been caused by Naomi Campbell’s late arrival, as she was booked to make a surprise appearance.
But the wait was worth it, as the audience which included Kelly Osbourne and Alexa Chung, gasped in amazement as the supermodel finally stepped out.
She walked down the runway to the jazz song 'Sunday Kind of Love' in a pretty flowered dress followed by models Erin O’Connor, Karolina Kurkova and Alek Wek.
Both Ms Tesoro, the co-founder of HL Group, which looks after Mr Posen's public relations. and her lawyer did not respond for comment.
dailymail

29-09-2012
fashion insider

Since when was slapping someone $1 million? That's way too much.

Last edited by TianSoFine; 29-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.
29-09-2012
Rebaptising my badness

I think it's unfortunate that, given the absurdity of the situation, Posen still felt like he had to issue an apology to the ridiculously rude French lady, but I guess she's a part of his share of industry a**es to kiss. I'm sorry for the PR woman though - she probably deals with all kinds of jerks everyday (and being a PR myself I know it's par for the course) but being slapped in the face is way too much to handle.

Power to the 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMornings View Post
I understand that the Fashion people felt humilitated when their seats got removed and maybe the situation could have been handled better but it doesn't justify slapping someone.

And Eymere trying to explain/justify the slap makes everything worse. It was just a small slap? You only wanted to humiliate the PR person?
That's nothing to be proud of!

It would have been a lot cleverer to shut up after "I am sorry, I know it's bad to do that,".

If I was her mother I would feel a lot more humiliated by my daughter showing such an embarassing behaviour than by not having a seat at a fashion show.
No no no, the explanation was the best part

I too would have liked to hear exactly what was said by the PR (and in what tone). Was it something like, Oh come on, you're from some tiny French magazine no one or their dog has ever heard of, get the hell out of the way already? She was warned

In my family, there would not be slapping, but there might be multiples of the 'if looks could kill ...' Both my mother and I are masters of that.

30-09-2012
scenester

I wonder how did Teroso react after this "small" slap. Anyway, this is humiliating for both part.

30-09-2012
fashion insider

I feel bad for the mother, who lost her seat and had to deal with her daughter's mess. The slapping is a little immature, but I don't know if I should feel sorry for the PR lady. I don't think we can jump to the conclusion that the PR lady is completely innocent and didn't deserve to be slapped at least a little.

V.I.P.

^Even if she deserved to be slapped , it's not something that someone should do as a professional in a working environment. If I wanted to spit on someone , I'd channel that into inner rage but I'd never actually spit on her.

30-09-2012
V.I.P.

well, actually, this kind of incident wasn't the first and won't be the last.
I've seen more physical pushing and shoving, spatting , cursing and flying egos at this kind of events.

The one that will forever etched in my mind and this has been decades ago was the very first time McQueen's debute. If smartphones with camera and twitter existed at that time you would've thought it was a soccer/football brawl.

P.S.
anyone know where Editors' Streetstyle thread is? (been along time since I've been here.... lost in these pages.)

01-10-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerbowyStegner View Post
^Even if she deserved to be slapped , it's not something that someone should do as a professional in a working environment. If I wanted to spit on someone , I'd channel that into inner rage but I'd never actually spit on her.
I'm not saying that it was okay for the daughter to slap her, I'm saying that I won't jump to feel sorry for the PR lady.

backstage pass

According to this, it was the mother, Marie-José Susskind-Jalou, who slapped Tesoro:

Quote:
Lynn Tesoro Files Suit After Slap Incident

The slap heard ’round New York Fashion Week has officially materialized into a legal smackdown.

Public relations executive Lynn Tesoro on Thursday filed a lawsuit against Marie-José Susskind-Jalou, president of Jalou publishing house, and her daughters Jennifer Eymere and Vanessa Bellugeon of Jalouse and L’Officiel magazines.

Tesoro, who claims that an angry Susskind-Jalou slapped her in the face prior to Zac Posen’s runway show at Avery Fisher Hall on Sept. 9, had filed a summons and notice shortly after the incident.

The lawsuit, which was filed in New York Supreme Court, details Tesoro’s account of the event, and includes charges of battery against Susskind-Jalou, libel against Eymere and both assault and slander against all three defendants.

Tesoro, who is seeking unspecified damages, said the incident occurred when fire marshals decided to remove 60 seats from the designer’s mostly front-row show, causing Tesoro’s p.r. firm, HL Group, to scramble to reassign seats.

According to the lawsuit, Tesoro “calmly” explained the situation to the defendants, but they “refused to listen to reason and continued to berate” the publicist in a “loud and offensive manner” in front of the show’s attendees.

A heated exchange between Tesoro and the trio ensued and culminated in Susskind-Jalou striking Tesoro “without provocation,” court papers said. In the press, Eymere, Susskind-Jalou’s daughter, had taken credit for the assault.

WWD first reported the incident, detailing Eymere’s account. According to the complaint, which cites press reports, Eymere, who was upset at how her mother was being treated, warned Tesoro: “Be careful, I am going to slap you.”

According to the court papers, quoting WWD’s report on the incident, Eymere later boasted: “It was a small slap. It was not strong. I didn’t hurt her, it was just to humiliate her. She humiliated my mom, and I humiliated her in front of her crew. Voilà. I just said at the end, ‘Now you know you don’t f--k with French people.’”

But, according to the lawsuit: “It was not a small slap, but a hard one.”

Not only did the incident physically harm Tesoro, but it also “injured” her business and “humiliated” her.

“Such statements falsely indicated that Tesoro deserved to be slapped because she verbally ‘humiliated’ Susskind-Jalou, when the exact opposite is true,” Tesoro’s lawyers said.

Calls to the defendants’ legal team were not returned by press time.
http://www.wwd.com/business-news/legal/tesoro-files-suit-after-slap-incident-6478597?src=twitter/share

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
catfight, posen, zac