How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-09-2012
backstage pass

Catfight at Zac Posen
A member of Zac Posen's PR team got slapped in the face before the designer's show on Sunday, following the last-minute removal of 60 seats from the audience, a move which resulted in Very Important Fashion People feeling humiliated and displaced. Fashion Editor at Jalouse magazine ​Jennifer Eymere took offense to her team being left without seats, resulting in the particularly French display of retribution. Jennifer told WWD on Monday:

"I said, 'Don't speak to my mom like this. You have to stop to speak like that.' I said, 'Be careful, I am going to slap you,' and she kept doing it, and it just happened.

" I am sorry, I know it's bad to do that," she added. "It was a small slap. It was not strong. I didn't hurt her, it was just to humiliate her. She humiliated my mom, and I humiliated her in front of her crew. Voilà. I just said at the end, 'Now you know you don't f--k with French people.'"

Jennifer was attending the show with her mother, Marie-José Susskind-Jalou (president of Jalou publishing house) and her sister Vanessa Bellugeon (Fashion Editor at L'Officiel).

So there you have it — clichés do happen. People are actually slapped in the face during Fashion Week. And you really probably shouldn't **** with the French.

Emily Royal

source
http://oystermag.com/new-york-fashio...s-at-zac-posen

24-09-2012
V.I.P.

god, that would have been delicious to watch...

i wonder what the PR person was saying

24-09-2012
V.I.P.

That was just unprofessional. It's up to the designer and his team to co-ordinate the seating plans! If you're out , you're out. It's that simple. PS: Jalouse ain't not VOGUE.

24-09-2012
backstage pass

I am French and sorry to hear this kind of event happening...

front row

I understand that the Fashion people felt humilitated when their seats got removed and maybe the situation could have been handled better but it doesn't justify slapping someone.

And Eymere trying to explain/justify the slap makes everything worse. It was just a small slap? You only wanted to humiliate the PR person?
That's nothing to be proud of!

It would have been a lot cleverer to shut up after "I am sorry, I know it's bad to do that,".

If I was her mother I would feel a lot more humiliated by my daughter showing such an embarassing behaviour than by not having a seat at a fashion show.

25-09-2012
fashion icon

It's not a catfight, it's bullying.

25-09-2012
fashion elite

Slap someone like that is just a sign of ignorance and makes you loose all the truth

26-09-2012
Rebaptising my badness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srdjan View Post
Exactly.

front row

So this is essentially what happened:

"How DARE you not give MY mother a seat?! Don't you KNOW who I am?!" *slap*

Basically an entitled snob acting like an entitled snob.

26-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srdjan View Post
Correct, I feel bad for the pr.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMornings View Post
I understand that the Fashion people felt humilitated when their seats got removed and maybe the situation could have been handled better but it doesn't justify slapping someone.

And Eymere trying to explain/justify the slap makes everything worse. It was just a small slap? You only wanted to humiliate the PR person?
That's nothing to be proud of!

It would have been a lot cleverer to shut up after "I am sorry, I know it's bad to do that,".

If I was her mother I would feel a lot more humiliated by my daughter showing such an embarassing behaviour than by not having a seat at a fashion show.
amen.

26-09-2012
V.I.P.

Who knows what truly went on here. PRs aren't exactly humble employees just doing their job, they can show quite the attitude and in events where ego is mandatory, it's a battle of who's more influential, so just like this Jalouse person might've been vulgar enough to slap her for no reason, who knows how this person decided to remove these 60 people from their chair.. more often than not, they address people as if they were cattle, and no one likes that, especially if your mother is among said cattle. Not justifying her, I guess I just think it might be a good idea to hear other sides.

Also, I usually just swallow certain attitudes and may even show it myself to my mother, but no one else is allowed to do the same with her and yeah, I may crash your little head against the nearest, easy-to-break window if you dare to.

Stitch:the Hand

well my initial reaction to this was,"all that over zac posen"? it just makes no sense why people can be this petulant. this is why i vowed long ago never to attend these big productions because you get attitudes across the board that would make your toes curl. it's disgusting people act like that. and like you said,mullet,i am not inclined to being treated like cattle.

that said,the action was overreacting. imagine what the PR lady was going through.....it's high-stress all the time...organizing the venue itself....seating.....music.....models.....and then having to deal with a bunch of diva attitudes attending the show on top of that.

29-09-2012
MON
V.I.P.

Wow. Very unprofessional

rising star

This made me laugh out loud. Such a ridiculous, immature reaction.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
catfight, posen, zac