How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-05-2011
fashion insider

This is all a publicity stunt. We all know Simon and Cheryl are super close... he knew her accent, and would never publicly humiliate her like this.

They had two hosts planned which is completely abnormal... and it's no coincidence that one of them (Nicole) is rumoured to be taking the now empty judging spot.

Who is everyone in the US talking about now? Cheryl Cole. US invasion, complete.

26-05-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddybuymeapony View Post
ONTD are saying the same too^ but we don't know what went on between filming.

Maybe the other panellists didn't like her, dug their heels in and refused to carry on without a change in the line up.

If Regina George was a real person she'd say "stop trying to make Cheryl Cole happen".

The accent is gross but it's the least of it. On the UK X factor she was predictably fake and mostly played the role of good cop. She'd sit next to Simon like a needy pampered cat. She 'worked' as a judge in the UK because people felt like they'd put her there - they'd watched her on a similar reality show that picked Girls Aloud. This and the stubborn fact that she has no talent/memorable personality means she's only able to succeed in the UK.

People keep forgetting that underneath the styling she's a simpleton who punched a toilet attendant and called her a "black bitch" over some unpaid sweets and lollies. You guys aren't missing a thing!
Ew... your comments are very hateful and unnecessary.

26-05-2011
she had boys in her room

^^ The network got rid of her against Simon's will.

I don't like her at all but feel bad for her - total public humiliation.

26-05-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUXXX View Post
I know someone that went to the Chicago auditions and they said Cheryl got a huge response...even bigger than Paula. So, I am surprised to see this happen. To be honest, the show seems destined to flop stateside. It's been trumped by The Voice and really, how many of these singing shows does the public want?
I thought the same about this; we already have too many singing, and other, talent shows here, it's gotten old and pathetic. Anyway, I can understand Cheryl perfectly. I think the accent excuse is lame and it makes Americans seem stupid. There are thousands off accents here! It's got to be something more than that. Perhaps poor chemistry between the judges? The US knows Nicole, whereas Cheryl is somewhat unknown here, so maybe instead of Nicole hosting, they had to re-think positions in the line up? IDK but the whole accent thing is a very sad excuse. American's damn well understand Cheryl! Although I was looking forward to seeing how her career would evolve here, I honestly don't care whether she's a judge or not. I just hate the whole "we can't understand her here." That's my issue with this situation; it ticks me off

26-05-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojou View Post
^ Harsh...but I agree with your assessment.

She's beautiful (hence why I like looking at pictures of her on this thread) but personality & career-wise, she's lame

I agree. I never liked her "singing" and her personality has been bland ever since her last years of GA (I liked her when GA started; much more authentic personality then). I like her looks and this is the main reason I visit this thread or read articles on her (ok, call it a girl crush). Other than this, agree she's completely manufactured with not much creativity, which I stated a few pages back. Nonetheless, I still hate the accent "issue" as it is a horrible excuse. If the TV exec's don't like her personality and fit for the US show, just be real and say that! But as RandomGlitter says, this may all be for publicity. I'll believe she's sacked when I see that she's sacked.

Last edited by taydev; 26-05-2011 at 11:24 AM.
26-05-2011
backstage pass

The only other question I have, if the news is 100% true, is will they still air the auditions that Cheryl judged? (I think 2: LA & CHI) I'll watch those LOL.

26-05-2011
fashion insider

^ I really hope so!

26-05-2011
backstage pass

Reasons Why it Wasn't Her Accent:

-Steve Jones (the XFactor US's host) is WELSH and has a pretty thick accent but he hasn't got booted off.

-California elected Arnold Swarznegger, who has a very thick accent, as GOVERNOR.

-The US has thousands of accents from all over the world.

-It would be discrimination if an accent (especially one that's understandable) is the reason for one's firing. They knew Cheryl had it when they met her!

-We have Americans here that we can't even understand, such as Henry Kissinger (former Secretary of State), Sylvester Stallone (US actor), and others, that have been very successful in their career fields. (Many people still watched the Rocky and Rambo movies).

I honestly think they may have just found her bland, personality wise. True talent and creativity will stand out and have longevity in the US; if not that, you have to have a pretty strong, quirky, and yes, perhaps even a trashy personality, and characteristics, to be noticeable as a TV personality. Even people with overbearing and annoying personalities will at least make it on reality shows. I don't believe Cheryl has either of these traits (talent and strong presence); she's just pretty. Now if her personality was anything like her younger years with GA, then she'd be much more interesting.

I'm not bashing her as a person but I'm one of those who thinks she's gotten this far by her looks alone. If you don't agree, take a look at her first audition on Pop Rivals; very mediocre "singing". The judges didn't even comment on her singing, but was drooling over how beautiful she was with her flawless skin (seriously, it was beyond creepy). Nonetheless, I do enjoy her for her looks and fashion, which is why I come on this thread, and was looking forward to her on the US show for that reason.

Last edited by taydev; 26-05-2011 at 02:55 PM.
26-05-2011
front row

I have to agree that it is horrible to 'accent discriminate' (if that is the real reason for her alleged departure)...it's not always easy to understand some American accents either

Though I dislike her personality and 'talent', if this is true, I can't help but feel sorry for her. Being wholly rejected like that would make you feel pretty terrible.

Thing is, we've known for a while now that she and 'they' (the people who are trying to make it happen) want her to be big stateside (because that's the definition of success i.e. money!) but it's getting a little desperate now, sometimes when you want something too bad it eludes you. Her people should cool it a little

fashion insider

Quote:
English people living just 150 miles south of her home town have trouble understanding her sometimes.
I'm from London, have a Southern accent, even perhaps what some Americans would call posh, and I understand her all the time. And you could say that it's because I'm from England, and people in the US would have more trouble understanding her - it makes no difference, I still have an accent entirely different from hers, just as different as an American accent is from hers.
Anyway, poor Cheryl, no matter how untalented or useless someone is, it's still embarrassing, and upsetting, to be axed from a huge show, especially because of your accent.

backstage pass

the accent excuse has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard. i have never had any trouble understanding any word she's ever said...it's not like she's speaking some foreign language.

and i definitely would never call her accent gross...at first i thought it was a bit odd, but it grew on me and i think it's kinda quite.

it'll be interesting to see what they do with the auditions she's already taped/how they'll spin it when they do air the show. i was so annoyed that nicole scherzinglejswijs whatever her name is was even going to be co-hosting and now she's a judge? honestly, i don't even know anyone who likes her around here...she's had her chance with her music career which has gone nowhere here. sure, she won some crappy dancing show where she was against other z-listers.
they seem to like her in the uk...she should go there, you can have her. :p

V.I.P.

If she has been axed for sure, then her episodes will still air I'm sure. I don't know if anyone actually remembers but this has happened before on UK XFactor. Simon got rid of Louis Walsh and brought in Brian Friedman to be a judge, and after two sets of auditions, got rid of Brian and brought back Louis. Brian's episodes still aired.

Simon also did it with Britain's Got Talent didn't he? With Kelly Brook? She came in, got the boot, and her episodes still aired.

26-05-2011
French Chic

[QUOTE]
Quote:

The accent is gross but it's the least of it.
Really. You can have your opinion, but 'gross' is a bit much. I'm not just saying that because I have the same accent, I just think you used a very strong word.

Anyhow back to Cheryl....I feel for her, as it seemed they really pissed her around before deciding whether she would be a judge or not and then she got the job and then this. She will get over this, she's a tough cookie and she needs to get herself back to the UK and get on with judging the UK version.
Who cares about breaking America, I hope the the whole show falls flat on it's arse anyway and that will be a kick in the teeth for the smug twat that is Simon Cowell.

backstage pass

I was schocked when I heard about this 'accent thing'. I mean, really? I wonder who came up with this rumour English isn't my motheer tongue, what's more I'm on some indermediate level and for me there are only two accents: american and british I've always thought that she has normal british accent and I've never had any problems with understanding her when I was watching xfactor. So seriously how is it possible that people who speak english don't understand her? (as someone has written above)

26-05-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
Reasons Why it Wasn't Her Accent:

-Steve Jones (the XFactor US's host) is WELSH and has a pretty thick accent but he hasn't got booted off.

-California elected Arnold Swarznegger, who has a very thick accent, as GOVERNOR.

-The US has thousands of accents from all over the world.

-It would be discrimination if an accent (especially one that's understandable) is the reason for one's firing. They knew Cheryl had it when they met her!

-We have Americans here that we can't even understand, such as Henry Kissinger (former Secretary of State), Sylvester Stallone (US actor), and others, that have been very successful in their career fields. (Many people still watched the Rocky and Rambo movies).

I honestly think they may have just found her bland, personality wise. True talent and creativity will stand out and have longevity in the US; if not that, you have to have a pretty strong, quirky, and yes, perhaps even a trashy personality, and characteristics, to be noticeable as a TV personality. Even people with overbearing and annoying personalities will at least make it on reality shows. I don't believe Cheryl has either of these traits (talent and strong presence); she's just pretty. Now if her personality was anything like her younger years with GA, then she'd be much more interesting.

I'm not bashing her as a person but I'm one of those who thinks she's gotten this far by her looks alone. If you don't agree, take a look at her first audition on Pop Rivals; very mediocre "singing". The judges didn't even comment on her singing, but was drooling over how beautiful she was with her flawless skin (seriously, it was beyond creepy). Nonetheless, I do enjoy her for her looks and fashion, which is why I come on this thread, and was looking forward to her on the US show for that reason.
TOTALLY AGREE!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cheryl, cole, drama, factor