How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-05-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasik6 View Post
I was schocked when I heard about this 'accent thing'. I mean, really? I wonder who came up with this rumour English isn't my motheer tongue, what's more I'm on some indermediate level and for me there are only two accents: american and british I've always thought that she has normal british accent and I've never had any problems with understanding her when I was watching xfactor. So seriously how is it possible that people who speak english don't understand her? (as someone has written above)
Seriously?? British dialects differ massively. This is the geordie accent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Sa_QkbcS0

Clearly I don't like Cheryl or her accent but I don't think she's been booted off the show solely because of her accent or lack of talent. It's a bit fishy...

26-05-2011
V.I.P.

The accent thing IS ridiculous. English isn't my mother tongue and I understand Cheryl just fine, all the time.

26-05-2011
backstage pass

i think something is fishy too. e news is saying that it's not about the accent, that she was homesick and quit. i don't understand, she's spent a lot of time here before, and it's not like she's being forced to live here forever and ever.

it may just be the chezza fan in me, but i'm still hoping it's not true/a publicity stunt...i was so excited for her to come here and i thought it would be so great with her, paula and simon...

rising star

I'm now starting to think it's a publicity stunt and she's still on the panel. Have they actually filmed anything with Nicole as the new judge?

26-05-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by roisin View Post
i think something is fishy too. e news is saying that it's not about the accent, that she was homesick and quit. i don't understand, she's spent a lot of time here before, and it's not like she's being forced to live here forever and ever.

it may just be the chezza fan in me, but i'm still hoping it's not true/a publicity stunt...i was so excited for her to come here and i thought it would be so great with her, paula and simon...
Deep down, I think it's a publicity stunt too, and won't believe 100% otherwise it's proven. I don't believe she was homesick either. I mean who does that in a high level profession (quit because of homesickness)? The girl has ambitions and she will follow them and take the opportunities open to her. Why shouldn't she? She's young and has no husband or kids, which makes this the best time to travel and promote herself. She's been to the US dozens of times, not to mention around the world during her GA years. She's used to the travel so the homesick story is bull crap too.

Last edited by taydev; 26-05-2011 at 08:01 PM.
27-05-2011
backstage pass

Since her song Parachute is supposed to be on Glee, perhaps that'll be her big break? Maybe they might even keep her on XFactor US because of it? Or maybe the other way around? No XFactor, no Glee?

And it this is true, wouldn't they have mentioned it on the official XFactor US site? I've checked and there are no updates or mention of it. Cheryl Coles name is still on the sites' headlines as a judge.

Last edited by taydev; 27-05-2011 at 01:42 PM.
29-05-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
Since her song Parachute is supposed to be on Glee, perhaps that'll be her big break? Maybe they might even keep her on XFactor US because of it? Or maybe the other way around? No XFactor, no Glee?

And it this is true, wouldn't they have mentioned it on the official XFactor US site? I've checked and there are no updates or mention of it. Cheryl Coles name is still on the sites' headlines as a judge.
I highly doubt she'll still be featured on Glee if she's off X Factor. The whole point of that I think was to let people who would be viewing the X Factor (also on Fox like Glee) know who she is

29-05-2011
V.I.P.

They've STILL not confirmed she is off XFactor. Something very, very odd is going on. I don't get why there's been no word on anything from either Cheryl's people or X Factor's. Simon is now back in the UK and will be on the Live semi final of Britain's Got Talent tomorrow... so I'm hoping tomorrow there's some form of confirmation!

29-05-2011
tfs star

^ I find it weird too, you'd think there'd be some kind of immediate confirmation or clear up with something like that

29-05-2011
backstage pass

I know; I've been thinking the same. And if she went home to the UK, the paps would have been all over her at LAX for her departure, and Heathrow for her arrival! She probably didn't get fired. This is all publicity. The funny thing is, this story is more in the UK media than it is in the US. Her face, and sacking story, is hardly getting any publicity here as it is in the UK. In the UK, she's plastered on the front page headlines, while here, you'd actually have to do a search for it on US sites. The Daily Mail (UK) is where I first saw the story anyway. Nothing from US papers. Not even E! News! I've seen it on TMZ and some US celeb gossip sites, but even there, it's still not a major story with a lot of commentors. So I don't see how this will boost her profile and get her noticed in the US, if that's what they're trying to do. It still seems not that many people care here.

Last edited by taydev; 29-05-2011 at 10:17 PM.
30-05-2011
V.I.P.

Cheryl's definitely not returning to the UK XFactor. The confirmation is in, it's Tulisa and Kelly Rowland. I'm surprised they've issued the confirmation on that before they've even commented on this whole US XFactor fiasco.

30-05-2011
backstage pass

The only "confirmations" I've heard was Paula saying she doesn't know about it (I saw the vid) and people like Amanda Holden and Sinitta made comments. This entire situation is so weird, and yes, I am obsessing about it! LOL. If XFactor US didn't work for her, she still has Will.i.am to hook her up with something in the US music field I guess? I read a couple weeks ago that US film industry people thought she could have a TV/Film role (I don't believe that yet though), and a couple of years ago I heard something about Cheryl & Jay-Z's Roc Nation.............(don't believe this one either yet). Sometimes I read these articles and it seems like pure fiction LOL! Not saying these opportunities are impossible for her................

30-05-2011
trendsetter

Its all to do with Nicole Sherzinger. She obviously has friends in very high places. I wont go on and on but look at the pussycat dolls---manufactured as a platform for her....then the whole solo album which cost an absolute fortune--and never released then the pussycat dolls came BACK (for her benefit)....now she is on round two of being solo and its only going 'so so'....

Someone high up probably allowed cheryl to do the judging (at Simons request) but when she didnt shine as much as expected....she got the boot so Nicole could take the big seat.

Lets face it....Being a judge is much more preferential to presenting!! Look what it did for Jlos career....

backstage pass

I'm sure Cheryl is going to 'surprise' us with something big coming up. An album to break the states? A role in a US tv show or movie? I think this because she obviously has many US connections. She doesn't seem the type to just disappear from the UK media. Even though she had little exposure in the US, I'm sure someone important here in the TV/music industry has noticed her and taken interest.

Last edited by taydev; 30-05-2011 at 05:25 PM.
01-06-2011
V.I.P.

I reckon we can safely say Cheryl is indeed out of US Factor for sure. Simon's felt the need to make a joke during Britain's Got Talent tonight about... It's all so weird. Something's certainly got down that we just don't seem to be going to be told about!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cheryl, cole, drama, factor