How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / Rumor has it...
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-06-2011
French Chic

^What did he say?

01-06-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
I reckon we can safely say Cheryl is indeed out of US Factor for sure. Simon's felt the need to make a joke during Britain's Got Talent tonight about... It's all so weird. Something's certainly got down that we just don't seem to be going to be told about!
I think so too, but it's so weird, it makes me feel like it was all staged. Maybe she never had the job in the first place and they just wanted to put her "out there" for the US to see? Anyway, I still think she'll break the US one way or another, since she has connections in TV and music here. I honestly miss her when it was about GA and even her first XFactor year. I miss when she was popular only in the UK. She was my guilty pleasure that none of my friends know about But because I like her, I wish her success and happiness, whether she foes global or not

01-06-2011
backstage pass

..........Or maybe she's just out for a while but they bring her to the live shows?

01-06-2011
trendsetter

he also said (about replacing a memeber) "thats showbiz" to loud boo's.. this was all a publicity stunt. Which show has Nicole ever hosted. Notice how Nicole performed on Idol and X Factor will be on FOX, they did not want Nicole as a host. The "accent" thing is a joke because Steve Jones is indecipherable, and he was cast as the male "co host". Whats going on is the FOX and SYCO publicity machine wanting publicity for the UK Show and the US Show on the eve of the finale. This was preplanned. Cole is not known in the states. Why would she be judging a star when she isnt a star there. Nicole was there all along because they knew what was to be. I suppose Cheryl was supposed to be back on the UK panel but opted not to. The publicity stunt failed because nobody in America cares. Nicole (failed pop star), Paula (unstable dancer with no hits since the 80s), L.A Reid (some credibility, but Def Jam have been wanting to rid of him for years), and Simon (public are tiring of) doesnt sound appealling. Tommy Motola (Fiery personality), Jessica Simpson (for sheer entertainment, and the girl has all the right credentials see: Jlo prior to Idol), Simon Cowell and Linda Perry (for that whole technical aspect) would have been better.

* Alec Wek - Mariaclara Boscono - Natasha Poly - Karen Elson - Sascha P*
01-06-2011
tfs star

I don't think it's a publicity stunt because the only thing it's done is made the show look like a joke/mess that can't even keep their judges straight. Plus, it's a judge that no one knows in the US so no one likely cares.

If I had to guess, I think Simon told Fox that Cheryl was part of the deal in bring X Factor to the US. The rumors that Cheryl would be a judge went on for months, didn't it? And Simon has had to defend his decision in the press, saying that she's a sweet girl, a good judge, etc. It makes it seem as if he really wanted her there. Unfortunately, even if you are the creator/executive producer/writer/whatever, the network still calls all the shots. And if they wanted to let Cheryl go, ultimately there is nothing Simon can do about that (short of quitting X Factor himself but then he loses tons of $$$). So they were probably like, "OK, let him bring her in if he's adamant about it... we can just get rid of her later." They said yes to appease Simon and get the show but they were never going to really hire her as a judge.

So yes, I think it was preplanned (especially hiring Nicole as a host) but I don't think Simon and Cheryl were in on it. Especially not Cheryl because now she can't get back on UK X Factor, Girls Aloud is still up in the air, and who knows how well her solo career will last? Her solo success was dependent on her image and it was really X Factor (and sympathy for Ashley's cheating) that changed public opinion. You take away that weekly outlet to show everyone what a sweetheart/beauty Cheryl is and all of a sudden, her music career becomes dependent on the actual music. And it's not like she's loaded with musical talent.

02-06-2011
backstage pass

I see both points made by Eccentricity and Caroliiine. I feel it was a stunt and pre planned but at the same time, Cheryl is on neither show now, so it's hard to imagine her being in on it. If she was, it was just to get some kind of public exposure and more connections, perhaps?? But yes, the accent excuse was NOT the issue, I'm certain, and only a fool would believe that! Knowing how Simon is with Cheryl, I don't think he sacked her (or wanted to), nor knew that this was going to happen. Like I said before, the show, or Cheryl, isn't getting headlined in the US (unless I'm living under a rock) nearly as much as the UK, and it does look like a mess. Caroliiine, I am 100% with you on your last paragraph. Her musical talent doesn't run too deep; the public and media have always been mesmerized with her looks more than anything, and that (along with Simon and her marriage breakdown) is what really got her this far. Well, I guess we won't be posting any fashion pics of her for a while I can't wait to see what's in store for her in the future.

Last edited by taydev; 02-06-2011 at 10:37 AM.
02-06-2011
fashion insider

Oh my eyes, so much text!
I don't think we can know anything for sure until we wait.

V.I.P.

It's official, and has been confirmed by Fox.

"Nicole Scherzinger will be replacing Cheryl Cole on the judging panel of The X Factor."

06-06-2011
fashion insider

^Oh no :-( I was hoping perhaps it wasn't, but at least maybe she'll accept the offer to return to X Factor UK? Hasn't Simon offered to double/triple her pay...

French Chic

You know this X Factor US will she, won't she, has been a fiasco from start to finish and I'm getting seriously bored with the whole shebang.
Whatever comes of this, I wish Cheryl all the best wherever her career leads from here on in.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuellaLuella View Post
^Oh no :-( I was hoping perhaps it wasn't, but at least maybe she'll accept the offer to return to X Factor UK? Hasn't Simon offered to double/triple her pay...
That already happened a week ago, supposedly. Kelly, Tulisa, and Gary Barlow are now the UK judges.

I can't find the confirmation on Fox anywhere.

Last edited by taydev; 06-06-2011 at 12:55 PM.
06-06-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Nicole Scherzinger has been officially confirmed as Cheryl Cole's replacement on the judging panel of The X Factor USA.

The Pussycat Dolls star has long been in the frame to take over Cole's position and her appointment has been confirmed today by Fox, Fremantlemedia North America and Syco TV.

"Nicole Scherzinger will be replacing Cheryl Cole on the judging panel of The X Factor," a statement read.

"Nicole will join Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid and Paula Abdul on their search across America to find the next global superstar or group to win the life-changing $5 million dollar recording deal.

"Nicole has previously joined Simon Cowell as a guest judge on The X Factor for the UK version of the show in 2010. Steve Jones will act as sole host of The X Factor."

Girls Aloud singer and UK X Factor judge Cole was initially announced as the fourth panel member for The X Factor USA.

However, Cole departed the show last month after filming just two auditions. It was suggested that she lacked chemistry with the rest of the panel and that her accent was difficult for US audiences to understand.

Singers can submit auditions for The X Factor USA via YouTube until June 9.

The X Factor premieres this fall on Fox.
Digital Spy

06-06-2011
backstage pass

^^ Thanks. Well, I guess I'll only be watching the auditions that Cheryl was judging LOL. I wasn't interested in the show anyway, as TV is saturated with these talent shows now. I'm certain Cheryl is going back to music.............GA anyone?

07-06-2011
V.I.P.

Simon broke his silence about the whole thing...

Quote:
Simon Cowell finally has broken his silence on the X Factor Cheryl Cole saga, hoping to set the record straight on the Geordie singer’s axing from the US show.

Publicly apologising to the Girls Aloud star, he told the Sun: ‘I’m sorry. I’m not a monster.’

It seems the music guru still hopes to make things right with his former pal, claiming he was only looking out for what was best for her during the entire fiasco.

‘I’m sorry. I hope we’re still close friends' he said. 'She’s still a star. The hardest thing to accept is that everyone has painted me as a monster because I embarrassed her.

'But the truth was I was protecting her. I just want people to be in the best place at the right time,' he admitted, ‘I just thought she’d be happier in the UK.'

And despite hearsay that her accent put her on the chopping block, Simon has insisted it has nothing to do with it.

'We noticed she was quieter than normal. The feeling was that she was slightly out of her comfort zone in America. The intention was to do it quietly and say to her she had an option to rejoin the UK show.'

He also denied reports that she had been sacked, insisting he wanted her to go back to her role on the UK show.

'At the end of the day we were saying, 'move to another show for even more money'. There was an offer of around £2.5million on the table including bonuses. How is that sacking someone?'

He also revealed that he didn’t tell her to leave the US show - but instead executive producer Richard Holloway delivered the final blow: ‘I wasn’t the right person. I felt she would be more comfortable to hear it from him.’

With Nicole Scherzinger now confirmed as the new judge replacing Cheryl on the US X Factor, it seems Cheryl’s fate has been sealed. But despite this, Simon insists that there are other roles for her on different shows.

Cheryl still hasn't spoken out about her ordeal, but a friend told The Sun: 'If Simon wants to say it wasn't personal, that's up to him. But the reality is he really pushed her into doing the US show. She would have been happy doing another year on the UK show.

'She just wants to take a break from all this and look to the future. It has been completely exhausting but she isn't going to let it get in the way of her life any more.'

Last edited by honeycombchild; 07-06-2011 at 05:27 AM.
07-06-2011
V.I.P.

Ouch!

Quote:
"Knowing Cheryl like I know her, we noticed she was quieter than normal, looked a bit uncomfortable but I put some of this down to nerves. The overall feeling was that she was slightly out [of] her comfort zone in America, compared to what she was in the UK.

"If she had accepted my original offer, she would have made a sensational return and would have understood she was more comfortable in the UK than the US."

Cowell went on to confirm that a genuine last minute offer to return her to the US panel had been made to Cole over the weekend.

"When she turned down the UK show, we got back in touch and said, well she is still under contract with the US show so we invited her back. Her position was still there," he explained.

"We had some heated conversations with her US manager will.i.am and he inferred this wasn't a genuine offer. They thought that if she didn't turn up on Wednesday then we wouldn't pay her.

"We made it clear that she was always going to be paid in full. We got to the point on Saturday when we genuinely thought she was going to accept the offer but again neither she nor they returned any calls. So we've announced Nicole."

He claimed that Cole had expressed interest in accepting the offer of returning to the ITV1 show.

"She was certainly interested as we exchanged a few texts and she asked if she could have my dressing room at the studio and I said, 'Of course'," he revealed. "Her management even asked for a legal waiver to her contract with the US show allowing her to open discussions with ITV.

"So we genuinely thought it was going to happen. But the big condition was that it was to be kept under wraps and she would make a big entrance last week at the Birmingham auditions and everyone would have loved it.

"But when the story got out, it changed everything. There was no more communication and we had set a deadline of Sunday, giving her six days to make a decision. That passed and we still had not heard anything. So we announced our UK judges."

"I apologise that all this has become public and I understand the stress she is under, and I hate that. But we have all been under a lot of stress," he said. "When things like this happen I look at the contestant, they must think this is crazy. All the attention is on us. I am sorry this has caused so much anguish and embarrassment, but I stand by what I believe was the right intention. And I would say that to her face right now."

Confessing that she "felt let down" but "understood that it was a professional decision", Cowell insisted that he stood by what he had done.

"We are close friends. I still hope we are but sometimes when you're that close, when you're making these decisions with someone's life you have to be certain. I stand by what I said to her," he concluded. "I hope we're still close friends. I'm sure if she was here now there would be a frank discussion, but will I work with her again? Definitely. She's a star."

Last edited by honeycombchild; 07-06-2011 at 06:10 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cheryl, cole, drama, factor